Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:06 PM

Tyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Two huge games this weekend with a repeat of last years hurling AI final when Cork play Clare and in Ulster Tyrone play Monaghan in a derby.

I expect plenty of disgraceful scenes in the Tyrone game and think Monaghan will edge the game and the scraps. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

Hard to see Clare losing this weekend given their form in challenge games.

- John Maynard Keynes
Old 11-06-2014, 08:37 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Aye, looking forward to the hurling alright. Dublin play Wexford too. I don't mind the Dublin hurlers which is strange as I can't stand their football team. 12 Apostles my hole, more like the dirty dozen.

Tyrone v Monaghan will be a scrap alright. Hard to pick a winner, but Monaghan haven't beaten Tyrone in the Championship since 1988. And no McManus either I think as he's injured. Tyrone by 2.

And the penalty rule in hurling has been changed.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I know I was clamouring for a rule change, but not in the middle of the Championship.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 11-06-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 16-06-2014, 12:33 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
A strong weekend of action in the GAA. Monaghan get the monkey off their backs by beating Tyrone 1-12 to 0-14 points. I didn't get to see any of this game, Tyrone I'm guessing you were at it?

Meath (there's a few Meath heads on the BBS) thumped Carlow 7-13 to 0-06.

And the Dublin hurlers beat Wexford in an entertaining match 22 points to 1-14.
Old 16-06-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Pfft. Football. Roll on the 15th.
Cork overpower Clare 2-23 to 2-18 in the hurling.

Whilst the Clare footballers beat Waterford 3-11 to 0-12.

Though I'm fairly confident in predicting that the Clare hurlers will go further into the summer than their footballers. Clare's a serious team to catch in the backdoor.
Old 16-06-2014, 12:45 PM

Saturday sees the Connacht SFC semi-final when Galway take on Sligo in Marky Park. Our record against Sligo over the last 6 years has been desperate, though my Sligo mate reckons this is the worst Sligo side he's seen in years. With no confidence whatsoever I'm predicting a Galway win. Mayo will murder either side in the final anyway. Far too strong for everyone else in Connacht at the moment, despite the sheep-stealers giving them a rattle.

Sligo v Galway is on Sky Sports 3 on Saturday, throw in at 7pm for those who have it.

The Munster SFC semi-finals sees Cork v Tipperary. Hard to look past the Rebels, & Clare v Kerry, straight forward win for the Kingdom.

And the Ulster SFC semi-final is Donegal v Antrim. Donegal to win well.

The backdoor qualifiers gets underway this weekend too:

Limerick v London (Limerick)
Laois v Fermanagh (Laois)
Derry v Longford (Derry)
Wicklow v Offaly (Draw)

And in the Hurling

Leinster SHC semi-final Kilkenny play Galway. Which Galway will turn up? 9 times out of 10 Kilkenny win this match though.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 16-06-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 16-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
One step too far. Certainly enouraging and Dunne seems to be pushing things in the right direction.
Old 16-06-2014, 02:02 PM

Yeah, agree with that lad. Conor McDonald is a good full forward, just needs support from the rest of the attack and he's great at escaping his defender and getting on the ball, but seemed isolated at times.

Keaney was excellent for the Dubs in that second half. Though helped by very slack marking.
Old 23-06-2014, 10:19 AM

Hands up if you bemoaned Galway's inability to live up to their billing in the hurling v Kilkenny yesterday when 9 points adrift with 3 minutes to go.

Those late 3 goals to draw level, only for Shefflin to ping an incredible sideline swipe over to snatch what they thought was the win, and then Canning tops it with an even tighter effort to eventually draw the game was some of the most dramatic scenes I've watched in GAA - and I was suitably oiled as well, which helped add to the occasion. No quarter was asked or given with some serious thumps being dished out. A hell of a spectacle.

I know it's not quite Séamus Darby for Offaly v Kerry in the '82 AI Final, but the pub was hopping all the same.

Galway footballers saw off Sligo. Good performances from Fiontan O Curraoin who I know well from Indreabhán & the Míchael Breathnach club. He's good muckers with my cousins. Mayo should be too strong for Galway in the Connacht final but it does finally seem like we're making progress. Bradshaw seems to have gone backwards though. I had high hopes for him being the next Séan Óg de Paor but he's not hitting the heights since he walked out on the panel last summer.

Donegal beat Antrim in the Ulster semi final.
Kerry beat Clare in the Munster semi final and will meet Cork. I fancy Cork this year.

The Qualifers almost went as expected except Longford beat Derry; I'm sure Tyrone Eagle enjoyed that one.
Limerick made hard work of beating London, and there were wins for Laois & Wicklow.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 23-06-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 23-06-2014, 09:51 PM

Tyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
What a weekend for Galway men!

Could they win Connaght SC?

Tyrone were putrid v. Monaghan. Didn't show up at all, but should have enough to beat Louth on Saturday.

How's the sky coverage going down over there?

- John Maynard Keynes
Old 23-06-2014, 11:24 PM

IF, (big IF) Mayo don't turn up, then we have a puncher's chance. The lines Mayo run are something else though. Walsh is playing well so we are a threat, and could arguably do with starting Conroy as Mayo are a big strong team and we'll struggle to match their physicality. But the smart money will be going on Mayo.

As for Sky a few lads watched the Kilkenny v Offaly hurling match and wanted to talk to me about Kieran Joyce. I explained that he was a knacker. I found it very handy to watch the Sligo game. Although the pub rang to see if I was alright as I hadn't called in that evening.
Old 24-06-2014, 09:29 AM

Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
You say big if but Mayo really didn't turn up last time out! Certainly seem to have taken a big step back from last year!
Old 24-06-2014, 11:05 PM

I don't really rate Mayo. When the going gets tough, they crumbled in the past 2 years. On that though, I think they'll have too much for Galway. See you in the qualifiers?

- John Maynard Keynes
Old 27-06-2014, 02:47 PM

I hear what you're both saying, but the jump in standard is probably too great for Galway at the moment. Give us a couple of years. The minors are tipping along nicely at the moment too.

Some big games this weekend. With the biggest being Armagh v Monaghan in Clones on Saturday contesting the Ulster Championship final. Seriously competitive province so to even get this far is an achievement. Fancy Monaghan to sneak it.

Galway & Kilkenny go at each other again in the replay. If anyone gets a stream, please post up here or PM me. From what I've heard it's not televised. Andy Smith declared fit for Galway, but there's something about the Cats. If you don't beat them first time, they'll hurt you the next day. As I well know from recent experience in the AI Final.

It's also Leinster semi final time; Dublin v Wexford and Meath v Kildare. I expect the Jacks to rule the yellow bellies, but can't call the other one. I hope it's Meath as that would make a tasty final & I have family in the Royal County.

Numerous qualifiers taking place in both football & hurling. The slow movement of this thread suggests that I need not put them up here. Sure everyone knows how to get the RTÉ on the web. But for our resident Tyrone lad, they take on Louth and I can only see a Tyrone victory. Sure Louth can spring a shock, but I can't see it. (Public Enemy Number 1 Cavanagh to do a Joe Sheridan?)

If Tyrone & Galway were to meet if we can't topple Mayo would that be Reek Sunday at the end of July?

I'll be in Amsterdam for the Connacht final. For once I might not lose the run of myself watching the GAA and remain composed and relaxed. I always promise myself when I go in the gate, or cross the threshold of the pub, don't bring your yobbish antics schooled from terraces of SE25 into this environment, and then 30 seconds later I'm yelling for the corner back to 'burst yer man' or 'poc fada mo chara' etc. I can't help it.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 27-06-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:10 PM

Kilkenny saw off the Galway challenge in the replay and zoom into the Leinster final v Dublin this weekend.

Armagh v Monaghan ended in a draw. They go again this weekend to see who is the King of Ulster. Again, I'm tipping Monaghan.

Dublin & Meath both won as predicted to set up the historical derby match in the Leinster final. Meath are one of the few teams who put it up to the Dubs, but more importantly, Dublin know that Meath will put it up to them. Shaky hands when eating their porridge that morning as they know what is coming. Dublin should be too strong for the Royal County though. Expect hard hits and numerous brawls as per usual when these two meet.

Tyrone flattened Louth as predicted and march on in the Qualifiers.

This weekend also sees the Munster Football Final; Cork v Kerry. I fancy Cork here, though not much between the two. Either one is a tough old team to meet in the backdoor stages.
Football Qualifiers are as follows: Wexford v Laois, Wicklow v Sligo, Tipp v Longford & Limerick v Antrim.

The hurling this weekend is the Leinster final between Dublin and Kilkenny.
Hurling Qualifiers are as follows: Tipp v Galway (that's a big side gone before the hay is saved) and Clare v Wexford.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I was in Clare the weekend of the Cork match, and still can't bring myself to post.

Will be in McGettigans if anyone fancies a pint.

Last edited by Heb 7:4; 03-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:50 PM

Well at least some good came of it.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Will be in McGettigans if anyone fancies a pint.
Clare vs Wexford is on RTÉ 1, throw in at 3.30
Old 04-07-2014, 12:41 AM

Two huge hurling games alright, whilst the A side of the football draw is a bit short of top sides.

Expecting the Leinster final to be a cracker, Dublin are a bit harder now, but I think Kilkenny will come through.

I expect both Galway and Wexford to be out this weekend. I've a feeling Tipp still have something in reserve, whilst Clare are going well generally.

Re the Munster final. Tough to call but I expect Cork to beat Kerry with a bit to spare.

- John Maynard Keynes
Old 04-07-2014, 12:43 AM

I think Armagh will lose to Monaghan too. That means Tyrone v. Armagh on July 12th. A tasty date for the Orangemen to play the Red Hands.

- John Maynard Keynes
Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Eagle View Post
I think Armagh will lose to Monaghan too. That means Tyrone v. Armagh on July 12th. A tasty date for the Orangemen to play the Red Hands.

Safe travels that day if that is what pans out, P.