Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Eagle View Post
Two huge hurling games alright, whilst the A side of the football draw is a bit short of top sides.

Expecting the Leinster final to be a cracker, Dublin are a bit harder now, but I think Kilkenny will come through.

I expect both Galway and Wexford to be out this weekend. I've a feeling Tipp still have something in reserve, whilst Clare are going well generally.

Re the Munster final. Tough to call but I expect Cork to beat Kerry with a bit to spare.
The football qualifiers are very lopsided alright. Some serious teams in one half of the draw, with more to fall into it.

Agree that the Dubs are harder and for some reason I fancy them to beat Kilkenny in the Leinster final.

I'll stick my neck out and say that Galway will beat Tipp. Home advantage and Corbett coming back for them is a worry for our defence, but if Coen is back, and I pray to God he is, expect Corbett to be shackled or for them both to see the line at some point. If it wasn't for Canning, I'd have posters of Coen pinned on my fridge at home. Classy defender and made of granite.

Clare to beat Wexford well.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Eagle View Post
Two huge hurling games alright, whilst the A side of the football draw is a bit short of top sides.

Expecting the Leinster final to be a cracker, Dublin are a bit harder now, but I think Kilkenny will come through.

I expect both Galway and Wexford to be out this weekend. I've a feeling Tipp still have something in reserve, whilst Clare are going well generally.

Re the Munster final. Tough to call but I expect Cork to beat Kerry with a bit to spare.
Tight for Kerry at the end there

My county (Laois) are doing their best to finish off my dad. 3 points (2 from frees) in the last couple of minutes to win by a point
Tipp next. Another tight one.

Last edited by Pat of the Palace; 07-07-2014 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spellchecker
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 PM

Tyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace View Post
Tight for Kerry at the end there

My county (Laois) are doing their best to finish off my dad. 3 points (2 from frees) in the last couple of minutes to win by a point
I'm guilty of overestimating Cork every single year. A disgraceful performance.

Tyrone v Armagh on Sunday. Huge derby, perhaps not the draw it'd have been 10 years ago, but looking forward to nonetheless!

- John Maynard Keynes
Old 08-07-2014, 04:11 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Fecking Galway hurlers do it to me every fecking year. Just when the fecking romance fills into my fecking soul and I think this is the fecking year, the same fecking thing happens fecking again.

Didn't believe for a minute that Cork would get such a buckling off their neighbours. I know we talk of 'cute Kerry hoors' playing down their chances and waiting in the long grass etc but blimey, I wasn't expecting that. What a sparkling performance by James O'Donoghue too.

Kilkenny beat a very ordinary Dublin side in the Leinster Hurling final, and I had to listen to a lad from Carrickmacross all through their match v Armagh about how this year is their year. He drank like a fish too so I was broke getting the bus home.

Games this weekend:

Saturday 12 July

All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers Round 2B
Cavan v Roscommon, Breffni Park, 6pm

All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers Round 3A
Sligo v Limerick, Markievicz Park, 4pm
Laois v Tipperary, O'Moore Park, 4.45pm

All-Ireland SHC Qualifiers Round 1 replay
Wexford v Clare, Wexford Park, 5pm

All-Ireland SHC Qualifiers Round 2
Tipperary v Offaly, O'Moore Park, 7pm

Sunday 13 July

Connacht SFC final
Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, 2pm

All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers Round 2B

Carlow v Clare, Dr Cullen Park, 2pm
Down v Kildare, Pairc Esler, 2pm
Tyrone v Armagh, Healy Park, 3pm

Munster SHC final
Cork v Limerick, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 4pm

Biggest game, with no Western bias whatsoever, is the Connacht Football Final. Come on Galway, the hurlers have broken my spirit and would be out of the Championship before the hay had been saved but for the fact that we got the hay in early this year for the first time since 1976. Hopefully the footballers will at least put it up to Mayo and we can hope for a good run in the qualifiers. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace View Post
Would you be more into the hurling or the football, Pat?
Underage, Laois always seem to do alright. For some reason they don't seem able to bring that through to senior.

(Says the Galway hurling fan!)
Old 09-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
A fine win for the Wexford U-21 Hurlers this evening.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:00 PM

A fine win lad. Gutted I didn't realise Sky were covering the match, I would've watched it otherwise.

Good write up in today's Irish Independent about the match, and a good piece featuring O'Mahony regarding the Connacht football final & Tribalism. If there's a man who knows the Galway/Mayo rivalry better than O'Mahony I'd like to talk to him.

Fingers crossed for Sunday. Mayo heads on here, ADE etc, may the best team win. And if it is to be Mayo, please don't be by more than 17 points as that really hurt last year. Go raibh míle maith agat. Up the West & Feck the rest.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Would you be more into the hurling or the football, Pat?
Underage, Laois always seem to do alright. For some reason they don't seem able to bring that through to senior.

(Says the Galway hurling fan!)
I grew up on the Kildare side of Laois where it is all football so, being the contrary hoor that I am, I played and watched more hurling.
I think really the county is too small for the two codes, there's never enough strength in depth.

I have camáns and sliothars if you're ever out this way again.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
What a result. Shame those ***** at Sky Bet don't count extra time in their bets, but chuffed.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Bollocks
Old 12-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Mind your sandwiches

I hate Sky. Bastards

Last edited by chatham_eagle; 12-07-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Man of the weld

Early hols for Laois again. Good win for Wexford.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Mind your sandwiches

My complaint email has resulted in them telling me they only pay out on the first 90 minutes and a link to the soccer betting rules. Brilliant.

Anyway, good times for Wexford hurling. 3 big games in the past week and great displays all round.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Man of the weld

The first 90? That includes a lot of the extra as well
Old 12-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Mind your sandwiches

I've pointed out their errors so I'm not expecting a reply
Old 13-07-2014, 03:06 PM

p.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Up Mayo
Old 22-07-2014, 12:44 PM

Mayo were far too strong for us, though Walsh played well for Galway at centre forward.
Cork did something similar to Limerick in the hurling. Every time it looked like Limerick were coming back at them, Cork would tip over a few more scores to keep the distance.

Dublin chewed up* Meath this weekend (*literally, if the story is true) in the Leinster final, the quickest Meath moved all match was for the scrap at the end, and Donegal saw off Monaghan in Ulster. So the provincial champions have been decided.

Dublin win Leinster
Mayo win Connacht
Kerry win Munster
Donegal win Ulster

Congratulations all. They must now wait for the muck and bullets of the qualifiers to see who they play in the quarter finals.

Wexford march on in the hurling beating Waterford by a major in the qualifiers. I assume you enjoyed the weekend, Chatham?
Old 22-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
pictures mayo v galway

as mentioned lets hope I've attached them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0361 (800x600).jpg (460.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0362 (800x600).jpg (529.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0351 (800x600).jpg (325.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0355 (800x600).jpg (424.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 22-07-2014, 05:21 PM

DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Selhurst Celtic;11846256]Mayo were far too strong for us, though Walsh played well for Galway at centre forward.

were you there and if so where?

we were opposite the main stand in the left corner as facing it
Old 22-07-2014, 05:23 PM

a few more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0353 (800x600).jpg (420.5 KB, 5 views)