Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 25-07-2014, 11:20 AM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
although this in front of a galway crowd is better To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-07-2014, 11:47 AM

Tyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
[QUOTE=Selhurst Celtic;11852659]Are you telling me he burgled someone? Or is this more innuendo?[/QUOTE

It was reported by "The Sunday World" that he didn't go to a club game. Whilst the game was being played he was found in a team mates house removing a few items against the owners wishes.

- John Maynard Keynes
Old 25-07-2014, 11:50 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
So here's a link to remind you

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thanks DS. I fully expect a late night phonecall from ADE now leaving me a voicemail butchering this particular ditty.
Old 25-07-2014, 11:53 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
And for the record, this is the Mayo anthem by the Saw Doctors:

1951 seems so long ago.

Old 25-07-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Eagle View Post

It was reported by "The Sunday World" that he didn't go to a club game. Whilst the game was being played he was found in a team mates house removing a few items against the owners wishes.
Ah, the Sunday World: Tits, gangsters and the 'RA.

What a paper.

(The sport section is quite good though. Spillane aside)
Old 30-07-2014, 07:50 AM

DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cork v Mayo on Sky Sunday afternoon hope you'll all be watching in green and red?

Old 30-07-2014, 10:52 AM

I'm at a wedding so will have my earphones in for the Galway v Kerry match at 2pm. I fully expect Kerry to end our summer, but for 45 minutes we were excellent against Tipperary. Walsh again had a fine game and is maturing into a class player. If only Meehan wasn't so crippled by ankle injuries we would have a serious front 6. The weakness is our back 6 though and the likes of O'Donaghue are going to wage merry hell against us in the big open spaces of Croker. Still, good progress for Galway this year. Quarter finals and a day out at HQ.

Walsh's rescue and point here was the score of the match last weekend:

Mayo should be too strong for Cork, if Cork play like they did in the Munster final. Surely they won't be that slack again? Either way I expect Mayo to win. Hopefully a good day for the Westerners in Dublin on Sunday (good luck to the Mayo minors too v Armagh that day).

The day before has the other qualifiers being played:

Meath v Armagh
Monaghan v Kildare

I predict that Meath v Armagh will be a blood bath. Hard to pick a winner. And Monaghan v Kildare could be a cracker though I'd expect the battle hardened Ulster side to come through.
Old 30-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I happen to be in Galway on Saturday, maybe Sunday.No celebrations expected then Selhurst?
Old 30-07-2014, 11:31 AM

I very much doubt it. Giving Kerry a rattle would be the best we could hope for with our young and ever improving team. If you're in the town though, I've always found Taafes on shop street a good place to watch the GAA. If it gets too mobbed, the King's Head around the corner has a big screen too and usually takes the overspill from Taafes.

If you're there now I expect you're at the Races? The Galway Hurdle and ladies day tomorrow I think.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 30-07-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 30-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I very much doubt it. Giving Kerry a rattle would be the best we could hope for with our young and ever improving team. If you're in the town though, I've always found Taafes on shop street a good place to watch the GAA. If it gets too mobbed, the King's Head around the corner has a big screen too and usually takes the overspill from Taafes.

If you're there now I expect you're at the Races? The Galway Hurdle and ladies day tomorrow I think.
Sadly no. There is a race day on Saturday though. I will try to get to it.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:41 PM

Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ryan_the_eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Too pissed to write what I think, but in summary: Galway poor against a 2nd gear Kerry and Mayo struggle to overcome Cork in the game of the Championship.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
Too pissed to write what I think, but in summary: Galway poor against a 2nd gear Kerry and Mayo struggle to overcome Cork in the game of the Championship.
Mayo? Well it's a change of fortune for the last decade they would have lost now they managed to scrape through when playing badly

Old 10-08-2014, 05:31 PM

Optimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Up the Cats!
Old 20-08-2014, 12:00 PM

I'm back from Connemara now, agree with Ryan above. Galway didn't play well enough v Kerry although Flynn's excellent goal led to a great roar and celebrations. A fine effort.

So Kilkenny will play Tipperary in the All Ireland Hurling final. Kilkenny have enough won by now and I don't buy into them at all. Sure, they have impressive players and an excellent manager, but I'm sick of seeing them win it all the time, whilst football is pretty much ignored in the county. That being said, as a Galway man I have little love for Tipperary.

This weekend sees the All Ireland Semi final between Mayo and Kerry in both the senior and the minor. I fancy Mayo against the cute hoors from Kerry. Could be a cracker though as both sides can play excellent football.

The U21 Hurling semi finals also take place. Antrim v Clare and Galway v Wexford. Tyrone are in the All Ireland Hurling B semi final v Kildare. Nice to see Tyrone lads using a hurl for sport.
Old 20-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just back meself. Great crowd at Croker for the Cork-Tipp game. I was watching with the brother in law from West Cork. Not a happy bunny, but you have to give it to Tipp, well deserved and hope they beat KK.

Saturday I was in Tullamore watching the Laois women getting hammered by Armagh in the company of my cousins who used to play for them when they were good. Long faces all round.

Just as well I don't get to Selhurst very often, I'm a bit of a Jonah at the mo. ��
Old 20-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Let me know when you're next in London, Pat. I can get Millwall tickets handy enough for you.

Old 20-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
��
Old 26-08-2014, 01:09 PM

Mayo & Kerry draw. I didn't get to see a bit of it, so will wait for the Sunday Game to be released on the RTÉ website for worldwide viewing tomorrow. Anyone here watch it? The match reports made it sound like a cracking second half.

Clare play Wexford in the U21 Hurling after winning their semi finals.
Old 26-08-2014, 01:36 PM
rebel army

OM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
good game, a lot of nerves on both sides at the start, silly red card! and surprisingly kerry should of finished mayo off but took it too easy ......... two good sides, even with a changing team kerry look decent tbh, mayo may have the hump for the replay because of the venue and the sending off .............

got tickets for dublin donegal on sunday .............
Old 26-08-2014, 07:15 PM

salad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM eagle View Post
good game, a lot of nerves on both sides at the start, silly red card! and surprisingly kerry should of finished mayo off but took it too easy ......... two good sides, even with a changing team kerry look decent tbh, mayo may have the hump for the replay because of the venue and the sending off .............

got tickets for dublin donegal on sunday .............
I agree good game I thought both sides missed their chances to win
I was Supporting Mayo so disappointed in the end but I think they can win the replay

It looks like the replay is not on sky anyone know where I can find it on TV ?