Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 21-06-2014, 04:50 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Babymetal

What do we think? I actually really like it. The musicians in the band are fantastic and it is catchy as hell!!!!
Old 23-06-2014, 07:41 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
My 7 year old son was alerted to this lot by my 12 year old daughter and now he is addicted to them. They are irritatingly catchy, as all music aimed at the pre-teen market should be.

I believe the two backing singers also have their own spin-off band.
Old 24-06-2014, 12:49 AM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
My 7 year old son was alerted to this lot by my 12 year old daughter and now he is addicted to them. They are irritatingly catchy, as all music aimed at the pre-teen market should be.

I believe the two backing singers also have their own spin-off band.
I think Babymetal are a spinoff of a TV show/band. But the original group only allows members up till they leave high school at 16. But there is an exception now with the lead singer of Babymetal. They have nearly 10m hits with "Gimme chocolate" and 6m+ for...

The riffs in this one are seriously brutal! They are going to be on tour with lady gaga and the Americans are going to be in for a real treat.
Old 24-06-2014, 01:23 AM

L'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
too weird!!!
Old 24-06-2014, 04:32 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_Fan View Post

What do we think? I actually really like it. The musicians in the band are fantastic and it is catchy as hell!!!!
Well, this is the natural progression of J-Pop. We'll see how long it lasts. The lyrics for that "Gimme Chocolate" song are hilarious. I can understand them a whole hell of a lot more than that "Megitsune". Plus, you can here Takeshi Ueda all over that song.

They'll be in the UK next month, too.
Old 24-06-2014, 10:48 AM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Well, this is the natural progression of J-Pop. We'll see how long it lasts. The lyrics for that "Gimme Chocolate" song are hilarious. I can understand them a whole hell of a lot more than that "Megitsune". Plus, you can here Takeshi Ueda all over that song.

I know and their show at the forum is sold out Getting big already by selling out the forum that quickly. They could probably sell out the Brixton Academy at this point.
Old 24-06-2014, 11:12 AM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Stuff like Gimme Chocolate is more metal with a separate jpop chorus. It's all good fun though. They're going to be huge aren't they? At least for a while....
Old 24-06-2014, 11:17 AM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Also, everything about this is brilliant.

Time for an art history lesson! The whole composition for this is obviously based on David’s painting, Coronation of Emperor Napoleon I and Coronation of the Empress Josephine in Notre-Dame de Paris, December 2, 1804.

But as BABY METAL has been know to do, they have changed the painting in order to match their own personal iconography. So, the kneeling figure of Josephine is replaced by Su-Metal, while Moa-Metal and Yui-Metal are placed behind her, dressed in their usual costumes. Napoleon, who in David’s version is holding the crown, is replaced by a man with a skeleton faced man with horns, whole the Pope who sits in the throne and continues to give the sign of blessing appears to be headless(?) and wearing a neck brace, which along with the opened box, is a reference to their “Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!! ” PV. To the left of figure holding the crown is a Cardinal who has the skeleton face that BABYMETAL’s backing band often sports and directly behind the throne are their three coffins, a nod to the cover of their first album. album cover. Then there are the foxes, which are a big part of the BABYMETAL’s iconography. At the feet of the headless Pope are two fox skeletons, while closer to the members of BABYMETAL is a nine tailed fox. And then of course, many people in the crowd, including Su-Metal are doing the trademark Kitsune hand pose.
Old 24-06-2014, 11:34 AM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair View Post
Also, everything about this is brilliant.

Time for an art history lesson! The whole composition for this is obviously based on David’s painting, Coronation of Emperor Napoleon I and Coronation of the Empress Josephine in Notre-Dame de Paris, December 2, 1804.

But as BABY METAL has been know to do, they have changed the painting in order to match their own personal iconography. So, the kneeling figure of Josephine is replaced by Su-Metal, while Moa-Metal and Yui-Metal are placed behind her, dressed in their usual costumes. Napoleon, who in David’s version is holding the crown, is replaced by a man with a skeleton faced man with horns, whole the Pope who sits in the throne and continues to give the sign of blessing appears to be headless(?) and wearing a neck brace, which along with the opened box, is a reference to their “Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!! ” PV. To the left of figure holding the crown is a Cardinal who has the skeleton face that BABYMETAL’s backing band often sports and directly behind the throne are their three coffins, a nod to the cover of their first album. album cover. Then there are the foxes, which are a big part of the BABYMETAL’s iconography. At the feet of the headless Pope are two fox skeletons, while closer to the members of BABYMETAL is a nine tailed fox. And then of course, many people in the crowd, including Su-Metal are doing the trademark Kitsune hand pose.
Love it!
Old 24-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Man, Lady Gaga's gonna have some sellouts out west.

Quote:
BABYMETAL extra support act for
LADY GAGA'S artRAVE : the ARTPOP ball
7/30 Phoenix, AZ US Airways Arena
8/01 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena
8/02 Stateline, NV Harveys Lake Tahoe
8/04 Salt Lake City, UT Energy Solutions Arena
8/06 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Old 26-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Panty Organizer

Trying out new guitarists.

Old 27-06-2014, 07:15 AM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
Trying out new guitarists.

Not good enough for babymetal
Old 02-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Panty Organizer

The path to world domination continues in Paris.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 AM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
The path to world domination continues in Paris.

I would really love to see their show at the forum on Monday
Old 02-07-2014, 12:42 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I don't normally have an opinion on bands I don't listen to, they're just there. But this lot are like fingernails down a chalkboard. Horrible, mass marketed shite disguised as metal.

However, I feel I may not be their target audience.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I don't normally have an opinion on bands I don't listen to, they're just there. But this lot are like fingernails down a chalkboard. Horrible, mass marketed shite disguised as metal.

However, I feel I may not be their target audience.
I kinda thought that at the start but then I thought I'd really give them a listen and I was actually blown away at Su-Metal's vocals and the musicians on the album. Really works extremely well together. Metal had been becoming kinda stale in terms of bringing out new bands but this totally blows everything out of the water that's come out in the past 2 years in the Metal world.

I think we are looking at the next global stars of the metal world.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:49 AM
Panty Organizer

Old 05-07-2014, 08:17 AM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
I have asked my mate to record their show if he can. The main stage will be heaving come midday. Saw some footage from their French and Germany shows and loved it. This show today will make them.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Panty Organizer

Old 06-07-2014, 12:50 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wow... weird.