Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-06-2014, 05:36 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
100yrs ago today... Start of World War 1

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Will be heading back to France next Summer on the 100 anniversary of when my Great Grandad got shot, and revisiting the grave of another relative in October who was killed whilst earning a bravery award/recognition

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 28-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Earlier this year I visited the field where my grandfather was wounded and captured back in September 1914. Taken POW and died of his wounds 4 months later.

Lest we forget.
Old 28-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Thanks for posting. Princip was held here in Terezin and you can visit his cell. Such an incongruous space that housed the man that initiated such seismic events. You can almost taste the history when you are in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 28-06-2014, 08:57 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The BBC are doing a "live" report...

BREAKING NEWS: There has been an explosion near the archduke's motorcade.

Posted at 10:12

It's not clear what caused it. Witnesses say there was a loud bang and the archduke's car moved off quickly.

There is no word on any casualties.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!

Last edited by eddieskyclad; 28-06-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 28-06-2014, 09:35 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Wouldnt it have been a great legacy to have the human race say we learnt not to solve our problems by sacrificing so many lives ever again . Sadly we have a long long way to go before that will happen .. The lest we forget euphomism hardly seems appropriate because we have forgotten . I prefer we shall remember them .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 28-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned by Moderators

Soaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSoaring has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
It was the single stupidest deed that the ruling classes of the human race has ever perpetrated, the effects of which are still felt today.
Unfortunately, the lessons we learn seem to have little effect on those who continue to put their own interests and power base before the common good.
I have to ask myself what all those soldiers died for beside supporting their comrades in arms, not to mention all the civilians who were needlessly killed while just going about their business.

Last edited by Soaring; 28-06-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 28-06-2014, 12:44 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Private Baldrick: I heard that it started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.

Captain Blackadder: I think you mean it started when the Archduke of Austro-Hungary got shot.

Private Baldrick: Nah, there was definitely an ostrich involved, sir.

Captain Blackadder: Well, possibly. But the real reason for the whole thing was that it was too much effort not to have a war.

Lieutenant George: By Gum, this is interesting. I always loved history. The Battle of Hastings, Henry VIII and his six knives, all that.

Captain Blackadder: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war in Europe, two superarmies developed: us, the French and the Russians on one side, and the Germans and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea was to have two vast opposing armies, each acting as the other's deterrent. That way there could never be a war.

Private Baldrick: But, this is a sort of a war, isn't it, sir?

Captain Blackadder: Yes, that's right. You see, there was a tiny flaw in the plan.

Private Baldrick: What was that, sir?

Captain Blackadder: It was bollocks.

Private Baldrick: So the poor old ostrich died for nothing then.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 28-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 28-06-2014, 01:16 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you have the time then these pod-casts are worth listening to....

" Blueprint for Armageddon "

Over 9 hours worth and whilst they are unashamedly populist (which also makes them very accessible) they make for great listening and, at least in my opinion, really bring home just how much of a shock not only the war was but the sheer scale of the slaughter, especially in the first couple of months. Real impact history.

Worth investing the time.
Old 28-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Wouldnt it have been a great legacy to have the human race say we learnt not to solve our problems by sacrificing so many lives ever again . Sadly we have a long long way to go before that will happen .. The lest we forget euphomism hardly seems appropriate because we have forgotten . I prefer we shall remember them .
True, but how could we have stopped hitler (different war I know) without violence? Wasn't it morally right for the USA to go into Yugoslavia and Somalia?some wars need more violence to stop further violence.unfortunately, some wars are a boon to certain industries. Just out of interest, and not condoning the deaths, I wonder what the population of the world would be if we hadn't had two world wars

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 28-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
If you have the time then these pod-casts are worth listening to....

" Blueprint for Armageddon "

Over 9 hours worth and whilst they are unashamedly populist (which also makes them very accessible) they make for great listening and, at least in my opinion, really bring home just how much of a shock not only the war was but the sheer scale of the slaughter, especially in the first couple of months. Real impact history.

Worth investing the time.
I find him unbearable.

This was good

Old 28-06-2014, 01:26 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I find him unbearable.

This was good

I understand why some people might find him grating but I love the enthusiasm he brings to the subjects he tackles. That will always win favour in my book.
Old 28-06-2014, 02:38 PM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
I understand why some people might find him grating but I love the enthusiasm he brings to the subjects he tackles. That will always win favour in my book.
To view the link you have to Register or Login&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">To view the link you have to Register or Login&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">
Old 04-08-2014, 06:49 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
BBC2 is covering the ceremony in Belgium now. Worth watching, brings a tear to the eye. Both sides of the conflict standing side by side.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Another great article from Paul Mason, this time on what caused the end of the war:

Old 04-08-2014, 07:16 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
"The war to end all wars" was declared after armistice.

Sad to think that in the 100 years since there's been so many bloody and needless wars. Its has been this way for as long as human history has existed but the loss of life so needlessly is always so tragic when one reflects on it all.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:23 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant with mouse gyp View Post
Another great article from Paul Mason, this time on what caused the end of the war:

Interesting piece but very simplistic. There is more to it than that but I wouldn't expect less of a semi-Marxist historian.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep got the candle alight

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 04-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I head over to Belgium and France next week and will be going to Arras where the Western Front Association are laying 85 wreaths for each regiment who went over in August 1914.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 04-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Patrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
"The war to end all wars" was declared after armistice.

Sad to think that in the 100 years since there's been so many bloody and needless wars. Its has been this way for as long as human history has existed but the loss of life so needlessly is always so tragic when one reflects on it all.
Yes I agree. My uncle was gassed in the 1st World War, and many other distant relatives died in the trenches.