Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 12-08-2014, 09:27 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterEagle View Post
52m of debt - that's a lot more than when we went into administration!
Plus their Ground - which is 'Tony's debt' apparently. He hasn't written it off yet - so he still wants his money back eventually.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:28 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I think the ground and associated costs were taken on with the assumption/intention that they would get Premier League football within a year or two as those costs in the Championship are simply not sustainable. Looking at the P&L comparison it seems they took a 6m gamble (in transfers/wages) on getting promoted and for some reason (anyone remember why?) it didn't work out.

With crowds of 27,000 they're pretty much at the maximum revenue they can get in the Championship without putting up prices but then the elasticity of demand will kick in and therefore isn't guaranteed to bring any benefit.

I'm not sure depreciation on infrastructure is applicable for FFP but if we're talking purely then about the Financial Statements then 120m/50 = 2.4m per annum to add on to the P&L. Did I also see that costs of running a Category A training facility is another 2.5m per year? That's another 4.9m in total that's going to be hitting their P&L for the forseeable.

Without seeing a breakdown of the Operations Costs its impossible to get to big an insight but as Jez says they're pretty consistent across the two years so a good indication they're fixed.

Looking at the figures someone has either been very naive in assuming that Premier League football would follow the stadium so that costs would be sustainable or the person that built their forecasts has made some big omissions
Not just a DJ!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:36 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Wasn't that the same financial engineering that Noades used on us?
Same that Palace currently use?
Old 12-08-2014, 09:47 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
The first thing I thought when I saw the FLS was that their stadium looked half full. Its the old trick of counting all the STs as attendees.
I don't think it's a trick. I'd say it's more a case of matching revenue with expenses over the course of the year. The attendance is the number of people that have paid to be there rather than are actually there. For every season ticket the revenue is actually (for ease let's say it's 230 for an ST) 10 per game. Not 230 in June and zero for the rest of the year, nor is someone going to be sat their going "Client Ref: 123456" Has only been to 19 of 23 games this season so they brought in 0 for 4 games and 12.10 for the other 19. That split over 23,000 people would be a bloody nightmare and a complete waste of time.

In days when ST's weren't so common place attendances would be much closer to the actual number of people in 'attendance' now it's about people that have paid to be there regardless of whether in the ground or not
Old 12-08-2014, 09:51 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone know if the new hotel will help them? Will it provide a revenue stream to BHAFC?
Old 12-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Yes but according to media who have some strange biased towards Brighton, apparently they are 'Premiership Ready' don't you know?
Probably something to do with nice press facilities at the Tampax
Old 12-08-2014, 10:01 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Yes but according to media who have some strange biased towards Brighton, apparently they are 'Premiership Ready' don't you know?

especially talksport, 'The moose' seems to w*nk himself whenever he mentions the Amex and Brighton
Old 12-08-2014, 10:13 AM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I think the ground and associated costs were taken on with the assumption/intention that they would get Premier League football within a year or two as those costs in the Championship are simply not sustainable. Looking at the P&L comparison it seems they took a 6m gamble (in transfers/wages) on getting promoted and for some reason (anyone remember why?) it didn't work out.

Looking at the figures someone has either been very naive in assuming that Premier League football would follow the stadium so that costs would be sustainable or the person that built their forecasts has made some big omissions
A very close friend of mine was involved in an important aspect of the new stadium (dont want to go into details). He was told by the Brighton board that they were "going for it" during their first season in the new stadium, and were willing to throw money at it (look at the signing of CMS for example). It seems they wanted to throw the dice, and it didnt work out for them. So yes, I think they did "gamble". It seems the whole plan was to get promo in the first season, and now FFP has kicked in they are screwed.

If I were a Brighton fan that would concern me greatly, as short term gambling is not the way to a sustainable future.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Brighton Uni's Palace Fan

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Brighton fans I know are disillusioned about the club's finances and don't believe anything will happen. Now the debt is up to 52 million (ten times more than us), and we went into administration once Jordan had run out of money leading to us not being able to pay other creditors, the same might happen to Brighton

Rather unfortunately for the real Brighton fans, I feel an impeding disaster coming unless they can get promoted.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle View Post
A very close friend of mine was involved in an important aspect of the new stadium (dont want to go into details). He was told by the Brighton board that they were "going for it" during their first season in the new stadium, and were willing to throw money at it (look at the signing of CMS for example). It seems they wanted to throw the dice, and it didnt work out for them. So yes, I think they did "gamble". It seems the whole plan was to get promo in the first season, and now FFP has kicked in they are screwed.

If I were a Brighton fan that would concern me greatly, as short term gambling is not the way to a sustainable future.
If you look back to their finances in their last year at the Withdean, they gambled in League 1 as they needed to be in the Championship in the new ground to get reasonable attendances. So they gambled for several years not just that 1. Now having not won the gamble they are starting to cut their cloth. The issue is that the fans did the same, they bought into the PL idea and now it is not looking likely they are looking at their finaces and questioning a ST. As they do this the cloth that BHA have to work with will shrink and shrink. They need their new Academy to be sustaining their team and quickly, but how many players will choose a League 1 Academy which is where they could be headed in a couple of years time.

Just look at teh number of clubs who have built the ground and hoped future finances would pay for it and the result of it. Leicester and Southampton needed administration to shed the costs, Darlington were scred by it. MKDons still play in a half finished stadium with no signs the rest will be done. Derby have spent a long time out of the top flight etc etc
Old 12-08-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly View Post
The Brighton fans I know are disillusioned about the club's finances and don't believe anything will happen. Now the debt is up to 52 million (ten times more than us), and we went into administration once Jordan had run out of money leading to us not being able to pay other creditors, the same might happen to Brighton

Rather unfortunately for the real Brighton fans, I feel an impeding disaster coming unless they can get promoted.
We were 30m in debt, it was just the 5 to Agilo who pulled the plug but ignores all our other creditors at the time.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:26 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Clearly the intention, and of course the deluded belief, was that PL football would be achieved within a couple of seasons, in my opinion they believed that they were a cut above the rest and the sneering at other clubs backs that up, oh how they under estimated things and I can't believe they expected to be able to compete for promotion by a lengthy stay in the championship, a league that will be harder and harder to get out of as it fills up with relegated clubs with even more parachute money than ever before.

They won't admit it but their plan/gamble failed.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Clearly the intention, and of course the deluded belief, was that PL football would be achieved within a couple of seasons, in my opinion they believed that they were a cut above the rest and the sneering at other clubs backs that up, oh how they under estimated things and I can't believe they expected to be able to compete for promotion by a lengthy stay in the championship, a league that will be harder and harder to get out of as it fills up with relegated clubs with even more parachute money than ever before.

They won't admit it but their plan/gamble failed.
It will depend on how FFP is implemented or more to the point the punishments. In theory several clubs will not be able to sign any more players after 1st September until they are compliant. In theory QPR are due to be hit with a substantial fine, as will Leicester but there may be problems in actually getting that money.

Then it will depend on what happens to teams who get relegated from PL having not paid their fine and whether they do introduce transfer ban in January.

That might give ways for other clubs to get into the top flight. Otherwise with 3 clubs each year entering teh Championship with twice the average income of other clubs in parachute payments will make it very hard for other clubs.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Brighton Uni's Palace Fan

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As you enter Brighton out of the main station, there was a poster heralding the great achievements of Brighton & Hove as a city that I first saw around October 2012. At the end was "2013: Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League?" I turned to my Ipswich Town mate and we both laughed it off. I wonder how many other people did the same...?
Old 12-08-2014, 03:36 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Same that Palace currently use?
No.

SJ's best ever piece of business was to buy the ground from Noades so when CPFC2010 bought the club out of administration, the assets included the stadium. They've also purchased the training ground so Crystal Palace as a business now has considerable tangible and intangible assets plus cash in the bank, which makes us a much different proposition than when Mark Goldberg blew his fortune back in the day.

I know Noades has his fans but I always thought he was a bit of a crook who took out more than he put in.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
SJ's best ever piece of business was to buy the ground from Noades so when CPFC2010 bought the club out of administration, the assets included the stadium.
Man, some people are really attached to those T-Shirts.

What happened with the stadium involved a shit ton (really an absolute shit ton) of luck that brought about some very unusual but equally extremely advantageous circumstances that CPFC2010 were able to exploit.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
SJ's best ever piece of business was to buy the ground from Noades so when CPFC2010 bought the club out of administration, the assets included the stadium.
Do I need to read back a few pages to see if this is referencing some earlier joke?
Old 12-08-2014, 04:41 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Plus their Ground - which is 'Tony's debt' apparently. He hasn't written it off yet - so he still wants his money back eventually.
yep - TB is a 150m+ creditor of Brighton. He's written some off by converting to equity (the same thing). key thing is how much money he's got. There's no evidence on the internet that he has sufficient funds. His alleged gambling internet site sales can only have brought in a few million
Old 12-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Do I need to read back a few pages to see if this is referencing some earlier joke?
No, history has been re-written just for us to make it simple for us older folk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale
Old 12-08-2014, 05:38 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Man, some people are really attached to those T-Shirts.

What happened with the stadium involved a shit ton (really an absolute shit ton) of luck that brought about some very unusual but equally extremely advantageous circumstances that CPFC2010 were able to exploit.
..and your point is?