Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 12-08-2014, 09:48 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Then why allow the recognition of the DTA.

Though I suppose we should be realistic here. I forget who the auditors are, but it isn't going to be the best team a Big Four firm has to offer. You'd guess it would be a regional office of a smaller firm. You are going to get silliness.

Anyway, this thread is for laughing at Brighton.
The Brighton DTA wasn't recognised since the Directors don't expect profits in the near future. I do have the accounts but in pdflite format. Not sure how to get them on here !

Re the 6m that was my guesstimate. Probably rubbish but reading the two last years accounts it seems the 'Admin & Operational Costs' are pretty much fixed. This is a massive key point for all Brighton fans to worry about but there simply seems to be no info anywhere on them. Latest accounts suggest 16-17m are reasonable but are a bit higher dye to a redundancy programme. I took half the ticketing income and most of the sponsorship as extra income they get from having the Amex (ie c10m extra revenue from what they would get somewhere else) but taking offc16m fixed costs from the stadium. Maybe not too exact but the general point that the Amex is not some mega advantage would still stand.

Personally I'd be worried if I was a Brighton fan since TB us going to need to be around for many years to come unless they go up
Old 12-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
On the DTA we were talking about palace at that point.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:53 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Their ticket income is fairly high for a Championship club and it did increase last year, on the year before but then their retail income dropped a similar amount.

Dont they still offer subsidised travel to their fans as an incentive to go to the games? I assume that cost is within the admin expenses which came in at a staggering £38m

As a club, Brighton hate aside, over the last few years they have done well in both league 1 and the championship. Building a new academy is also an achievement. However, for me on the outside looking in, it seems as though they are trying to achieve everything way too quickly.

Last edited by Gathers54; 12-08-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 13-08-2014, 08:59 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
Their ticket income is fairly high for a Championship club and it did increase last year, on the year before but then their retail income dropped a similar amount.

Dont they still offer subsidised travel to their fans as an incentive to go to the games? I assume that cost is within the admin expenses which came in at a staggering £38m

As a club, Brighton hate aside, over the last few years they have done well in both league 1 and the championship. Building a new academy is also an achievement. However, for me on the outside looking in, it seems as though they are trying to achieve everything way too quickly.
the 38m is made up of 21m football costs and the important admin & operational costs 17m that no one on earth has any info on and is key to whether Brighton effectively can continue to exist in their current form. Or put another way if this item really is a fixed c16m pa then its near impossible to see Brighton complying with FPP many times in the future or even surviving for many years without Administration. I'm amazed no Brighton fans have bothered to delve into this further
Old 13-08-2014, 09:33 AM

one more question for now. How many did they sell between June 2012 and June 2013 ? If they didn't sell that many how on earth are they going to get their loss for YE June 14 down to 8m to comply with FPP ?
Answers on a postcard pls
Old 13-08-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney View Post
Anyone know if the new hotel will help them? Will it provide a revenue stream to BHAFC?
its a very low margin business and requires a big capital investment. The successful hotel chains are historical businesses that have been going for years with debt paid down.

Starting from scratch is very risky and a very low profit burner. If it wasn't all clubs would do it. In summary, no
Old 13-08-2014, 01:37 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I can't understand your issue. We are where we are because of Jordan buying the club. He may have gone broke in the process but otherwise the Noades family would have almost certainly flogged Selhurst Park for development at some point.

Goldberg was almightily shafted by Noades and, for someone who had made so much money, was extraordinarily stupid when he bought the club without the ground.

Jordan picked up the pieces and certainly had the goal of reuniting club and ground so he does at least deserve that recognition. Whatever part he played and whoever deserves the most credit is not at issue because, ultimately, the ground has been reunited with the club via CPFC2010.

Whatever way you want to present the history, this is the reality and thank God it turned out this way
Only 1 person has ever sold Selhurst Park to a property development company - care to take a guess who?

Goldberg wasn't shafted by Noades, he wanted the club, Noades didn't want to sell, Goldberg offered a ridiculous price, fans told Noades to get lost so he agreed. Goldberg came up short on the money, so Noades sold the club with agreement on the sale of the ground when the cash was available. That offer remained available to Jordan who didn't take it.

If you sold your house to a property developer, risking your family being turfed out of their home, then the developer goes bust (unlikely at the time of sale) and you pick up your house for half the price at auction - would you tell everyone what a genius you are or regretted the stress and worry that you put your family under?
Old 13-08-2014, 03:44 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Distinct lack of input from Brighton posters on this thread.
Old 13-08-2014, 03:51 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Distinct lack of input from Brighton posters on this thread.
Funny that as they seem to know the tiniest details of our finances.

Twinned with MK Dons

Zaha when asked in front of hundreds of people in Croydon boxpark: “On a scale of 1-10, how much do you hate Brighton?”..

Zaha: “11”.
Old 13-08-2014, 03:56 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
I felt sure this thread would tease Andy1980 out of hibernation. I'd be very interested to see his input.
Old 13-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Funny that as they seem to know the tiniest details of our finances.

Seagulls Over Grimsby seems to know about every other clubs finances except his own clubs. Funny that

THE FIST BUMPERS
Old 13-08-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Seagulls Over Grimsby seems to know about every other clubs finances except his own clubs. Funny that
was rather hoping for some NSC lurker input esp re the Admin & op costs issue. If you read NSC most seem to think they are going to comply with FPP. Would be interesting to see how for YE14
Old 13-08-2014, 04:55 PM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Only 1 person has ever sold Selhurst Park to a property development company - care to take a guess who?

Whatever your take on the history, I think SJ had the club's interests at heart whereas Noades was always interested in what was best for his wallet.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-08-2014, 05:32 PM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton's fans are so deluded when it comes to finances.

Apparently we are immoral for having gone into administration and ripped off local businesses. We have cheated by having players we could not afford. That is their stance.

However, what they fail to recognise is that they are themselves financially doped to the point of ridiculousness. There they were, playing in a school sports day stadium, with crowds of 6k, when Mr Bloom decided to build them a 100mil wonky stadium, a new training ground, an academy and the likes of CMS for big money. None of these investments were earned through success on the pitch. It's all been artificial investment. Consequently they are in debt of what, around £120 million?

When we went into Admin, we were in 30 mil debt and Agilo who called in the administrators were owed just 5 million of that 30.

And yet they continually have the audacity to call us cheats.

We did the whole football world a favour by beating those Tarquins in the playoffs. They very nearly profited from their cheating ways.
Old 13-08-2014, 05:41 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Brighton's finance are indeed opaque. Somehow I would believe that an astute guy like Mr Bloom would have his assets well protected so that if the club becomes unaffordable his other assets such as the stadium would not go down with the football side. It really is promotion this year or big trouble.
Old 13-08-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2curl1 View Post
Brighton's fans are so deluded when it comes to finances.

Apparently we are immoral for having gone into administration and ripped off local businesses. We have cheated by having players we could not afford. That is their stance.

However, what they fail to recognise is that they are themselves financially doped to the point of ridiculousness. There they were, playing in a school sports day stadium, with crowds of 6k, when Mr Bloom decided to build them a 100mil wonky stadium, a new training ground, an academy and the likes of CMS for big money. None of these investments were earned through success on the pitch. It's all been artificial investment. Consequently they are in debt of what, around £120 million?

When we went into Admin, we were in 30 mil debt and Agilo who called in the administrators were owed just 5 million of that 30.

And yet they continually have the audacity to call us cheats.

We did the whole football world a favour by beating those Tarquins in the playoffs. They very nearly profited from their cheating ways.
great summary that's worth repeating at least daily
Old 14-08-2014, 05:43 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Brighton's finance are indeed opaque.
This is the point I've made for years, but it's much more than that. Mr Bloom's finances are opaque. There is literally no information I can find on his wealth other than the fact that he sold an internet gambling company for £1M 12 years ago, and he's won something like £3M as a professional poker player. Neither explains how he managed to get a £120M stadium built, subsidise £30M of losses over 3-years, and now spend £20 on a training ground and now a hotel.

My concern (for Brighton) would be that he's got lots of connections out east, is he a front for something else or is this one giant gamble with somebody else's money? I assume no sensible bank would be lending without serious money somewhere...

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 14-08-2014, 05:47 AM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
its a very low margin business and requires a big capital investment. The successful hotel chains are historical businesses that have been going for years with debt paid down.

Starting from scratch is very risky and a very low profit burner. If it wasn't all clubs would do it. In summary, no
It depends. For example a new build Hampton by Hilton or Holiday Inn Express (upper 2* / lower 3*) will cost c.£70k per room to build.

You would normally expect these types of operations to convert c.45% of turnover into profit so actually they are quite high margin businesses.

The key is occupancy and room rate and striking the balance between the two. If The Tampax has good conference business that will be a key demand driver.

Away fans will be another.
Old 14-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Neither explains how he managed to get a £120M stadium built, subsidise £30M of losses over 3-years, and now spend £20 on a training ground and now a hotel....
That is of course if you accept that the stadium cost £120 million.

That figure has never been confirmed and many have suggested that the true cost of the Stadium is significantly less than that. It would be a handy trick to claim the Stadium cost more than it did, charge a level of inflated rent to recoup this figure, whilst at the same time claiming you weren't charging interest. You wouldn't need to.

VHA called this economic model "BLOOMFLATION".
Old 14-08-2014, 07:04 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would BLOOMFLATION not constitute some kind of fraud? I confess I had not considered that the oft quoted figure might not be accurate. Are there accounts which can be used to verify the stadium's actual costs?

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"