Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:01 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Surely this is why we've brought in Dougie. Add some longer-term thinking to our squad building and planning, rather than fire-fighting each window.
You'd like to think that they are scouting and formulating a plan of action for the transfer windows, being that they have months and months and months to do so.

We will see.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:07 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
You'd like to think that they are scouting and formulating a plan of action for the transfer windows, being that they have months and months and months to do so.

We will see.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
All the more reason for a DoF
Old 10-11-2017, 04:42 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlon View Post
What factor is that? Doesn't there need to be plans submitted to Croydon council for them to f*** things up for us? What do you expect the council to do without seeing plans?
OK, I'll put it another way. Can you give me one instance where the council have been supportive of their local club, a significant employer and what should be a point of pride for the local authority?
I can't.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:07 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
One thing seems clear to me and that is the yanks won't be sanctioning a big january spend if we haven't broken the 17/18 point barrier by jan 1st. You would be mad to do so. We will be firmly into damage limitation by that point.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:00 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
One thing seems clear to me and that is the yanks won't be sanctioning a big january spend if we haven't broken the 17/18 point barrier by jan 1st. You would be mad to do so. We will be firmly into damage limitation by that point.
How's that clear to you out of interest?

Clinton Morrison.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It would be suicidal otherwise
Old 10-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post

I think the point is valid. The number of points is the variable. We've stayed up on less at that juncture.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
The point is surely pure speculation, valid or not.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 07:37 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
I think the point is valid. The number of points is the variable. We've stayed up on less at that juncture.
No I agree with the point but I just wanted to know he came to that conclusion that's what the Americans will think.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:38 PM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

We've only broken the 17/18 point barrier by 1st Jan once in the last five seasons! But we've always made critical signings in that window.

In any case I don't think we need a great deal.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
We've only broken the 17/18 point barrier by 1st Jan once in the last five seasons! But we've always made critical signings in that window.

36 more points would be handy
Old 10-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Number of points is irrelevant, pride will make the board roll the dice again
Old 10-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Number of points is irrelevant, pride will make the board roll the dice again
I agree to a certain point. If we don't make double digits by Christmas though, I think money will more likely be spent on players to who will potentially take us up next season.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:30 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Perhaps the total is wrong but I would assume investors of that type are unlikely to be huge gamblers time and time again. I would have thought they must have a point where if it looks seriously unlikely they will batten down the hatches. Cut adrift on 12 points for example surely would be such a scenario?
Old 11-11-2017, 10:22 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post

Pity we've had to make critical signings so often. Nothing changes.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:28 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Think the opposite. For a start the yanks investment will be worth next to nothing if we go down, whereas splashing out 40M will be worth it if it keeps us on the gravy train. There will come a point where enough is enough, but they could sell up next summer if we survive.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:21 AM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Pity we've had to make critical signings so often. Nothing changes.

The change is that ironically it isn’t necessary this Jan.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:26 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Think the opposite. For a start the yanks investment will be worth next to nothing if we go down, whereas splashing out 40M will be worth it if it keeps us on the gravy train. There will come a point where enough is enough, but they could sell up next summer if we survive.
There is an air of Sunderland about us. Clueless management of the club, high turnover of managers with some awful appointments thrown in. Desperate spending at wrong times, due to unplanned careless management. But of course we have League one facilities as opposed to Sunderlands.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
There is an air of Sunderland about us. Clueless management of the club, high turnover of managers with some awful appointments thrown in. Desperate spending at wrong times, due to unplanned careless management. But of course we have League one facilities as opposed to Sunderlands.

Couldn’t be more wrong. Presume you’re an overseas or infrequent supporter.