Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[/URL]

Hopefully that upload worked.

Its my 62 strat, a 74 Les Paul signature semi, a 93 telecaster and a new Gretsch.

Before you ask, I am a crap guitarist with a very understanding wife.

Last edited by Another Oxted Eagle; 03-10-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:24 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Handsome collection AOE. You've got every option covered there guitar-wise. Nice Chesterfield too.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
[/URL]

Hopefully that upload worked.

Its my 62 strat, a 74 Les Paul signature semi, a 93 telecaster and a new Gretsch.

Before you ask, I am a crap guitarist with a very understanding wife.
Great collection OE
Old 03-10-2014, 06:41 PM
rock soldier

Marky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayMarky_K knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito View Post
I bet it is, heard fantastic things about Engl. Your Peavey takes me back to when I had a Laney Linebacker amp. They were very similar.
A long time since I heard anyone mention the Linebacker. It used to be incredibly popular with my school mates and me. We made a stack of guitar and bass combos at one point.

I still have the bass amp version collecting spiders and dust in the garage!

Will see if I can get a decent pic of my Rickenbacker 330 up online for you all.

Last edited by Marky_K; 03-10-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Poor spelling
Old 03-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_K View Post
A long time since I heard anyone mention the Linebacker. It used to be incredibly popular with my school mates and me. We made a stack of guitar and bass combos at one point.

I still have the bass amp version collecting spiders and dust in the garage!

Will we if I can get a decent pic of my Rickenbacker 330 up online for you all.
Yes please. As a fan of the Jam they are one of my faves. As for the Laney, I sold it to a mate in the late 90's who still uses it.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito View Post
I bet it is, heard fantastic things about Engl. Your Peavey takes me back to when I had a Laney Linebacker amp. They were very similar.

Yeah the Peavey has done well and when I replace him I decided that rather than leave him sulking in the garage I would give him life by giving him away on Gumtree for nothing. I hope that he is now screaming out some awesome tones or helping somebody to learn to play.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:29 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Currently I play a Sterling Axis3 through a Marshal cfx15: purely bedroom stuff really.

The Axis 3 has split coil humbuckers so I can get strat sounds or a thicker rock crunch.

I'm trying to convince Mrs FF to let me get a better amp (I'm looking at a Vox vt50).

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice looking Geeter Hugh , reminds me of the Wolfgang models.

I looked at a VT recently as I wanted a more quiet amp for home use than my Jet City valve. It was nice but didn't sound as good to me as the Blackstar i.d..

If you wanted a true valve amp without the modding the Laney cub is really hard to beat for the cash too. I had one of those until my son pilfered it for his room.

If you get a chance to try either one I think you'll be impressed, you can even choose which valves the amp is going to mimic on the Blackstar which is very cool.

Last edited by Another Oxted Eagle; 04-10-2014 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:35 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
At the risk of sounding nerdy, it should remind you of the Wolfgang because it's the original Wolfgang. In 1991, coincidentally at the same time Eddie van Halen's son Wolfgang was born, Eddie signed with Ernie Ball/Music Man/Sterling and they made the first Wolfgang guitar, though it was called the Eddie van Halen Signature guitar. When he went to Peavey in 1996, they manufactured the same style of guitar and that's when it was given the Wolfgang name. Meanwhile, EB continued to make the guitar too but renamed it the Axis. Mine is the Axis sub (the equivalent of an Epiphone Les Paul or Squier Tele).

Ironically, I'm not a big van Halen fan.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Nice Axis hughff, those are great looking guitars. I've been intrigued by the Music Man Albert Lee for some time, specifically the HH version with rosewood neck.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Man Of The World

They're great looking guitars, I'd love a wolfgang with a d-tuna. I played one once, lovely necks.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Correctamundo !

I picked up a '72 telecaster thinline today which is a bit beaten up but plays really nicely. I'll upload a photo later when I've finished my penance of cooking dinner :-)
Old 04-10-2014, 06:04 PM
legit

Good work, you're on a roll.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Correctamundo !

You can't beat a good mid life crisis :-)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
No such thing mate.

Blackstar ID's are great bang for buck. The only reason i didn't go for one was because they are sooooo versatile they are great for experimenting with sounds - all of those valves and effects before you even plug in a pedal - but I already know the kind of sounds I want to play, which tbf are pretty mainstream, a touch of OD to harsh distortion with reverb, sometimes fuzz, all on a H-S-H guitar and that's about it. I like it simple and the Engl does it for me.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Correctamundo !

[/URL][/IMG]
Old 05-10-2014, 10:46 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good to see this thread picking up in pace. Great to see all these rigs as well as guitars. The more the merrier! Looks like many of you have gone for a more "old skool" set up based on the kits I see here. Not too much modern equipment which I think is great as the expanse of musical prowess here is pretty vast
Old 06-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Unregistered User

ChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Might be blasphemous I know, but I've always loved the look and feel of a Telecaster but they were not traditionally good for my music tastes (heavier rock/metal).

Cue me seeing this on my guitar hunt and I decided to pick it up. Modern look to it, plays great and still retains some of that Telecaster charm (others may disagree but Humbuckers for the win!).

Telecaster Blacktop HH in a dashing silver

Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Don't we already have a thread on this?
Old 06-10-2014, 05:28 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMcBalls View Post
Might be blasphemous I know, but I've always loved the look and feel of a Telecaster but they were not traditionally good for my music tastes (heavier rock/metal).

Cue me seeing this on my guitar hunt and I decided to pick it up. Modern look to it, plays great and still retains some of that Telecaster charm (others may disagree but Humbuckers for the win!).

Telecaster Blacktop HH in a dashing silver

Hummers on a Tele are just wrong.