Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Tell that to Keef.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:56 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Tell that to Keef.
He should know better.

Single coil on a Tele, Hummers on a Les Paul, Strat on the bonfire....
Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Humbuckies on a Tele= fat twang :-)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
Humbuckies on a Tele= fat twang :-)
See, I'm not sure about that. Certainly you'll get more kick, but does it really sound like a Tele? I have two Teles, one 1989 USA, and a '94 Mexican, both standard Tele set ups. Both sound like I think they should, and there's very little difference in the workmanship of the build. If it's good enough for Wilko...
I wouldn't dream of modifying them.
If I want omph, depth and sustain I use my Les Paul, or my '76 Ibanez Custom copy (which actually sounds better than my Gibson).
Old 07-10-2014, 02:09 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As far as my thinline goes , the sound is in the middle of a Tele and an LP. It's got the bottom end of an LP but the trebly top of a Tele which to me is the best of both . Roll the tone off and switch to the neck pickup and it's a jazz guitar . It's already my favourite guitar and I've only had it a few days.

I had it cranked up on Sunday and was giving it some Van Halen 'unchained' and it didn't half sound good at that too. :-)
Old 07-10-2014, 02:10 AM
Correctamundo !

. Double post

Last edited by Another Oxted Eagle; 07-10-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Unregistered User

ChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
See, I'm not sure about that. Certainly you'll get more kick, but does it really sound like a Tele? I have two Teles, one 1989 USA, and a '94 Mexican, both standard Tele set ups. Both sound like I think they should, and there's very little difference in the workmanship of the build. If it's good enough for Wilko...
I wouldn't dream of modifying them.
If I want omph, depth and sustain I use my Les Paul, or my '76 Ibanez Custom copy (which actually sounds better than my Gibson).
Probably not - but my reasoning for buying that is I've always wanted a Tele - loved the look (and the sound), but needed it to be beefier for my style of music. I did cop to it being akin to blasphemy in my first post but that is still one sexy and great sounding guitar
Old 07-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
[/URL][/IMG]
Good lord. That is one gorgeous guitar.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:42 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Yeah, awesome thinline AOE. Looking forward to seeing what's next.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Correctamundo !

Id love a Les Paul junior foetus but they are pretty trendy ATM so pricey !

Plus I think my mrs is cottoning onto the fact that I have no intention of selling the ones I have.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:03 PM
legit

Love me an LP Jr. This french bloke makes hollow steel Jr's that sound really good. A lot cheaper than a Trussart too.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Id love a Les Paul junior foetus but they are pretty trendy ATM so pricey !

Plus I think my mrs is cottoning onto the fact that I have no intention of selling the ones I have.
I had an LPJ for a while in the '90's. It's called Junior for a reason. Very disappointing instrument. Like a Les Paul with its bollocks cut off, and no discernible personality of its own. Looked very nice. Played shit. Like trying to drive a Morris Minor up the side of Everest.
Save up for a Yamaha SG2000, and sell the wife.

If people are buying them because they are 'trendy', they don't deserve anything better.

Maybe more recent models are better?
Old 08-10-2014, 06:29 AM
Correctamundo !

I hear you Stella - I traded a lovely really early 80s squier Japanese Strat in for a LPJ in the mid 80s and immediately regretted it. I have played a vintage one since and it sounded and felt so much better than my relatively modern one. As you say though, they are a student les paul but an early sixties one goes for around 5,000 !

I like the yamaha SGs, always have done - seem to remember Steve Rothery having one back in the day but as is the way nowadays they are starting to pick up in value a bit like the early Tokais. You are looking at very high hundreds for a decent old one.

Last edited by Another Oxted Eagle; 08-10-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:25 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
I hear you Stella - I traded a lovely really early 80s squier Japanese Strat in for a LPJ in the mid 80s and immediately regretted it. I have played a vintage one since and it sounded and felt so much better than my relatively modern one. As you say though, they are a student les paul but an early sixties one goes for around 5,000 !

I like the yamaha SGs, always have done - seem to remember Steve Rothery having one back in the day but as is the way nowadays they are starting to pick up in value a bit like the early Tokais. You are looking at very high hundreds for a decent old one.
You're looking at more than that for a lefty one.

If someone is willing to be fleeced of five grand for a vintage Les Paul Junior, they are a f*cking idiot.
Old 19-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Correctamundo !

Quote:
Love me an LP Jr. This french bloke makes hollow steel Jr's that sound really good. A lot cheaper than a Trussart too.

Just got round to listening to that , it sounds incredible !
Old 20-10-2014, 06:11 PM
legit

That's what I thought AOE. I see Macari's have a couple of them. I think they're about 7lbs too which sounds reasonable.
Old 21-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Correctamundo !

My lad is tiring of his modern player Jag so I'm flogging that and have ordered him one of the new Danelectro 59M cheapies yesterday instead. He loves a bit of twang and garage rock so hes very excited. I'll post a photo when it arrives later in the week if I can prize it out of his hands !
Old 02-12-2014, 01:11 PM
legit

New addition here today. So, my plan to upgrade my strat with a new neck and pickups turned into a whole new guitar.

I've been liking the looks of the new Suhr Classic Pro, (stainless steel frets, silent single coil system etc.) Then I spotted a nice Black Friday discount, (yes I am scum ). And this happened...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-12-2014, 04:49 PM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Don't we already have a thread on this?
Sort of:
Old 02-12-2014, 10:47 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
New addition here today. So, my plan to upgrade my strat with a new neck and pickups turned into a whole new guitar.

I've been liking the looks of the new Suhr Classic Pro, (stainless steel frets, silent single coil system etc.) Then I spotted a nice Black Friday discount, (yes I am scum ). And this happened...

Looks interesting. How does it feel and play?