Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:39 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I don't see how it helps at all. THAT is a huge part of the problem. To replace them we need (probably all of them need replacing) they need to bring in new players at today's fees and today's wages. It accentuates the problem. It doesn't EPL the regs. It helps reshape the squad from a player type/etc. IT is the problem I am referencing. So to fund that within FPP/STCC in a latter year in the FPP cycle and within the STCC sounds a challenge. We should get Wickham for free and that's the only plus. So to fund that, primarily within the regs but maybe cash flow too even I could see we need to sell players that we can make a profit on. I don't have the actual numbers other than the 13 but I don't see how it can avoid it. Arguably if we did get relegated it 'solves' it or makes it easier but a whole lot of other things collapse.
I thought STCC was to do with wages primarily? Therefore if we strip the club of a lot of high-earners and bring in younger players on lower salaries we should be ok? We appear to be in a great position with so many players out of contract, and the bulk of our best players under contract. We should be able to significantly improve the squad and stay within FFP and STCC.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:17 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I don't see how it helps at all. THAT is a huge part of the problem. To replace them we need (probably all of them need replacing) they need to bring in new players at today's fees and today's wages. It accentuates the problem. It doesn't EPL the regs. It helps reshape the squad from a player type/etc. IT is the problem I am referencing. So to fund that within FPP/STCC in a latter year in the FPP cycle and within the STCC sounds a challenge. We should get Wickham for free and that's the only plus. So to fund that, primarily within the regs but maybe cash flow too even I could see we need to sell players that we can make a profit on. I don't have the actual numbers other than the 13 but I don't see how it can avoid it. Arguably if we did get relegated it 'solves' it or makes it easier but a whole lot of other things collapse.

It helps. For example... cabaye on £100k a week will be gone... letís say Amadou comes in.. we offered him a deal in region if £50k a week (apparently allegedly).. much younger.. cheaper contract arguably could be as good if not better. Sako in 65k a week... etc etc
If we do this, add him some young talent to replace outgoing aging players then we can easily me under stcc. The issue we had is we had to over pay for players to come to us in first two seasons.. now if we stay up we are more attractive.

Selling wilf... we would need to spend that money and more to replace him. Not worth it.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:23 PM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I find it weirder that Jolly is 38 and fell for it
Didnít say I fell for it, just posting what I was told. He definitely knows Wilfs agent whether itís a load of rubbish I donít know.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:41 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
It helps. For example... cabaye on £100k a week will be gone... letís say Amadou comes in.. we offered him a deal in region if £50k a week (apparently allegedly).. much younger.. cheaper contract arguably could be as good if not better. Sako in 65k a week... etc etc
If we do this, add him some young talent to replace outgoing aging players then we can easily me under stcc. The issue we had is we had to over pay for players to come to us in first two seasons.. now if we stay up we are more attractive.

Selling wilf... we would need to spend that money and more to replace him. Not worth it.
I can't think how to say this another way but that sounds very naive or optimistic at best.

So even if Cabaye does earn £100k. (I thought it was somewhere between £65k and £85k.) and lets say we can bring in 2 players for that cost and hope one of them is as good. Cool - but what about the other 11/12 or so. They most definitely are NOT on £100k and you need to re-sign some of them or replace them. I don't see how that is going to come in cheaper. i.e. what new player is willing to come in on a salary that was fair 3 years ago and for how long?

2 different lists total the players potentially leaving at around 400k per week total. So you have to replace 12 ish players including some of which will replace Cabaye, McArthur (i.e. 6/7 were in last week's matchday squad and 3 others would have been if fit). If you do the maths, that's going to be very tough. Any of them that we want and agree to stay are likely to want more.

The big money players are Townsend, Sakho, Benteke and Wilf and Cabaye.

Not suggesting I want to sell Wilf, more fearing that the pressure increases even if we stay up. Can see more foreign loans coming in.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:37 PM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcaPalace View Post
Got a confession. Pretty much love Wilf in equal measure as CPFC as a whole.

When West Ham fans tainted him at Selhurst it felt like my own son (I don’t have one) was being bullied at school.

When he scored the equaliser in the 9 thousandth minute it was like watching one of those vids on YouTube when the fat kid finally loses his shit and smacks the gobby little c*** up (one that’s bullied him) that’s been abusing him.

When he scored the equaliser against Chelsea away last season (the goal before Benteke scored straight after) I actually started f***ing crying. Wwttfffff
EFA (It felt like the winner)
Old 09-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post

i think you will find that 100k a week for 3 years is a lot less than 50k a week for 3 years plus 18 transfer fee.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guardian have Wilf out till end of March :-(

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hopefully Rakip and SÝrloth get up to speed ASAP.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:56 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
huge blow for us, really is no way to replace him and we have no competent cover - terrible last two transfer windows, poor Roy.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:15 PM

Zulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
Guardian have Wilf out till end of March :-(

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hopefully Rakip and SÝrloth get up to speed ASAP.
Sooooo you believe the guardian more than, Roy, the Club and Wilf huh....interesting choice

Last edited by Zulu84; 09-02-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:21 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
We haven’t won a game without Zaha since September 2016. That’s our season finished. This is why you need to sign decent backups Steve.

Jaspercpfc is a bellend
Old 10-02-2018, 01:55 PM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
We havenít won a game without Zaha since September 2016. Thatís our season finished. This is why you need to sign decent backups Steve.
If we go down. It will be because of our last two transfer windows. Itís been blatantly obvious what positions needed filling. Itís bordering on negligence that we didnít get a Forward/Goalkeeper in the summer. Then we had the recent one to get in reinforcements and again, it was a huge disappointment. Cheers Parish, youíve really played a blinder, Roy must be well chuffed.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:30 PM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle View Post
If we go down. It will be because of our last two transfer windows. Itís been blatantly obvious what positions needed filling. Itís bordering on negligence that we didnít get a Forward/Goalkeeper in the summer. Then we had the recent one to get in reinforcements and again, it was a huge disappointment. Cheers Parish, youíve really played a blinder, Roy must be well chuffed.
Incoming.

But I agree.

Only 'blue sky' opinion allowed on here please, this isn't a discussion forum.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:31 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do not know how anyone could disagree sadly
Old 10-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
I do not know how anyone could disagree sadly
Plenty do.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:33 PM
EAGLES FLY HI

mydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallmydesign11 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Brilliant!

Deserves a thread of its own.

Brighton. It's a shit San Francisco.
Brighton.... itís a shit Brighton.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:57 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle View Post
Agree. Said much the same previously. Hard to believe a Premier League club can be run so badly at times. Reminds me of the old Sunday league days when you get there and find out you only have one striker today or no keeper, only we are playing in the richest league in the world.

Jaspercpfc is a bellend
Old 10-02-2018, 03:59 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
We need to learn to play without him. I think we've been far too predictable with Wilf in the team.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:11 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
He was always our ONLY player. We are NOTHING without him. Not even going to score a ******* goal.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
So, we really are a one man team.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:25 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
So, we really are a one man team.
offensively yes - we have no outlet without him