Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
If your vision is 4 centre backs and 3 defensive mids you're spot on
Whilst he is absolutely doing that now, and failing too, would you admit that the football he had us playing towards the end of 13/14 was very impressive? Not just winning football, but exciting too.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
thats what he served up at Stoke and thats what WBA get, he played some of the greatest ever football at CPFC, up there with the team of the 1980's

Kin ell.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
He did a good job for us for which he got plaudits - PL Manager of the Year. However he didn't want to stay, was fraudulent about how he left and he rightly got his comeuppance for it. All now ancient history.

There can come a point where you've taken something as far as you can. It seems that's where he is with West Brom. I can't imagine he'll leave of his own accord this time. I'm not sure he's that rich anymore. More likely, they'll bin him, pay him off and somebody else will give him a job in January.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:30 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Whilst he is absolutely doing that now, and failing too, would you admit that the football he had us playing towards the end of 13/14 was very impressive? Not just winning football, but exciting too.
I loved the chelsea win, we were brilliant in cardiff and the last 10 mins against liverpool, The rest of the the time we were solid and functional not exciting. We won games when we seemed down and out as we did under pardew post colin and allardyce post pardew which will always feel great at the time.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:32 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I loved the chelsea win, we were brilliant in cardiff and the last 10 mins against liverpool, The rest of the the time we were solid and functional not exciting. We won games when we seemed down and out as we did under pardew post colin and allardyce post pardew which will always feel great at the time.
and WH away
Old 19-11-2017, 09:34 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
the doomsmongerers were all saying and I have to include myself there that we would become the new Stoke, but the opposite happened,our away form was astonishing, why not do all we can to accommodate Mr TP, he was a visionary!
A visionary who released two left backs and then went a whole summer without buying one. Others have suffered all manner of abuse for similar vision.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:50 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
A visionary who released two left backs and then went a whole summer without buying one. Others have suffered all manner of abuse for similar vision.
TP can have six foot plus centre halfs playing as full backs, he's that good in using the ingenuity of players
Old 20-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Who’s he under pressure from?
Couple of wba weirdos with access to social media?
WBA are a well run club, be foolish to get rid, if they do, he will be Swansea manager by Thursday. Which would end our epl status
Ignorance is bliss
Old 20-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think that’s very harsh. Cardiff was absolutely the pinnacle though - we were ferocious on the break. It might have only been about 7 games or so but I thought we looked seriously good for that run.
Old 21-11-2017, 01:55 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
tick tock. Gone by the end of November imo
I claim my £5

edit: a year late but who's counting...

Last edited by danpalace07; 21-11-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Old 21-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
TP can have six foot plus centre halfs playing as full backs, he's that good in using the ingenuity of players

2 wins in 21? Perhaps they should have stayed put at centre half. Their ingenuity means their boss is now unemployed.
Old 21-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Safe European Home

Quote:
and WH away

Oh yeah. I forgot. WH was one of his, wasn't he.
Old 22-11-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
and WH away
That was the worst game of football i’ve ever seen in terms of quality.
Old 22-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post

Home to Portsmouth on a week night circa 2011 under Freedman gets my vote as one of the worst.

0-0 and dire doesn't even cover it.
Old 23-11-2017, 05:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Home to Portsmouth on a week night circa 2011 under Freedman gets my vote as one of the worst.

0-0 and dire doesn't even cover it.
Mine was another Freedman: away to Burnley. Went a goal down in first 3 minutes, then proceeded to stay in our own half and defend - showing little intent to get over the halfway line for the rest of the match. It was mind numbing. It was defending for defending's sake and yet we needed a goal. I came away wondering why I bother going to football in the first place.
Old 23-11-2017, 05:21 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
he played some of the greatest ever football at CPFC, up there with the team of the 1980's
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-11-2017, 07:06 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
perhaps if he'd been just left alone to do the job he was paid to do rather than the interference,questioning and doubting of his managerial experience he would have just got down to the nitty gritty and done the job and excelled in an even greater way than the mere few months he was here, there was clearly a straw that broke the camels back and he was hurt beyond repair, rather than the gun-ho way in how he was treated we could have been reaping the benefits of his brilliance, an established mid table PL team and perhaps a brand new stadium on the way, instead we have to settle with the car crash of a club we've become, all so unavoidable.
I sincerely hope for your benefit that Pulis has been drinking plenty of pineapple juice
Old 23-11-2017, 09:02 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Was it actually?

To be honest it's the wins at Cardiff, Everton, Chelsea (at home) that stand out as the top Pulis performances but we also played some brilliant football in the losses at Chelsea and Man City that season despite them not yielding any points.

Wasn't always great mind, see away performances at Sunderland and Newcastle as examples. However, but for a last minute Cisse goal in the latter, those sort of results are exactly what you need to grind out when in a relegation battle.