Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-10-2014, 10:43 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
XMBC - KODI

Now hearing about this on another thread, it's totally new to me.

Before we go as far as finding out about streaming live TV, how does it stack up as a media player and management system? Compared to the likes of Windows media, VLC, itunes, etc or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

If you explain as if your speaking to an idiot, it helps me a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
XBMC is now known as KODI and can be downloaded here

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Plenty of videos regarding XBMC and Smart TV Boxes are on Youtube.

I have over 700 add-ons on my XBMC so plenty of sources for media content worldwide.

Download XBMC and then add file repositories contained within XUNITY and FUSION downloads.

Open the file repositories and extract the files which contain the add-on files.

It is far easier to just buy an Android Smart Box off of Ebay for about 80 which is pre-loaded with the working add-ons.

I have an MX2 Android Smart Box which updates automatically and plugs into any HDMI enabled screen or TV.

The box will work with a hard-wired or WI-FI connection.

You can now buy an XBMC app called TVMC from the Google Play Store for 0.55 which gives you XBMC on your Smart Phone or Tablet and it works well.
Old 28-10-2014, 11:38 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's basically netflix for free as communities upload content daily. As soon as a rip of a film hits the world wide web, you can find a link to watch via streaming on there. I tend to stay away from that of course, especially the icefilms app where you get 720p streaming content of all the popular tv shows past and present.
Old 29-10-2014, 12:01 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Probably best to look up XBMC on Wikipedia first to get the gist of what it is.

XBMC is the source of hundreds of add-ons which are like apps for playing all types of media from MP3 to Video via streams.

You can access streams on specific topics depending on what the add-on specializes in on literally any subject.

Many of them provide live TV streams from around the world with very little buffering and excellent picture and sound quality and you can even sign up to them for premium streams.

Films and TV feature heavily and nearly all of them have a search option within the add-on.

Virtually any worldwide tv channel can be found within XBMC and one add-on provides live streaming for nearly 200 sports channels.

XBMC has been around since the days of the original Xbox hence the name which stands for Xbox Media Centre recently the name has been changed to KODI.

XBMC add-ons are updated daily as soon as you switch it on.

To get XBMC you first download the source file.
You extract the zip file and then open its folder.
Once open you will see a screen with various categories which at this stage are empty.
You then need to download the repository files which contain the add-on files.

There are many dedicated developers and new add-ons are always being developed and made available for free download via a zip file posted on dedicated sites.

Here are some XBMC Tutorial videos from Youtube on what it is and how to set it up.

If you are not technically minded then just buy an Android TV Smart Box from Ebay but make sure that XBMC or KODI has been installed on it and try to get one that automatically updates from the supplier.

The Smart Box will turn your TV or monitor into a large screen tablet and can be used to play games and also surf the internet as well as stream XBMC music and video content.

Last week a new XBMC app for android was launched called TVMC and it costs just 55p from the Google Play Store, it is ready to run and works very well with loads of pre-installed add-ons available at the click of a button.

There is an ever-growing XBMC Community that have their own forums on the internet and regularly post videos on Youtube.
Old 29-10-2014, 01:03 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I'm investigating this area too. I've installed XBMC but for some reason it doesn't recognise videos (eg when trying to play on my Nexus) that are on my hard drive. Also using my computer many of them just come up with a green screen. This also happens when trying to stream channels
Old 29-10-2014, 03:28 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Ask on the XBMC Forum or on their Twitter sites.
Old 29-10-2014, 03:31 PM

Youtube has plenty of XBMC fixes posted on it by the developers eg. How do I get this channel to work.
Old 29-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
It's basically netflix for free as communities upload content daily. As soon as a rip of a film hits the world wide web, you can find a link to watch via streaming on there. I tend to stay away from that of course, especially the icefilms app where you get 720p streaming content of all the popular tv shows past and present.
xbmc is nothing to do with distributing rips of movies, it's software for viewing content
Old 29-10-2014, 05:45 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Thanks hdeagle, I will look into it.
Old 29-10-2014, 08:10 PM
What, no boat?

Looked into it and like it.
Old 29-10-2014, 08:19 PM

There are some sport add-ons where you can search for videos by team and watch full and highlight matches.

Football Replays is one such add-on.
Old 31-10-2014, 11:56 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have the Droidplayer Dual Core with Gotham 13.1 on it, none of the sports streaming options seem to work on it though. Anyone got any ideas?

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 31-10-2014, 12:22 PM

justjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
xbmc is nothing to do with distributing rips of movies, it's software for viewing content
I think he meant some of the addons you can get.
Old 31-10-2014, 03:48 PM

What Sport Addons are you trying to use as there are specific posts relating to Sports Addons on the various forums on KODI/XBMC.

Some addons do not work on the Gotham release but do work on other versions like Frodo and Kodi.
Old 31-10-2014, 03:52 PM

I found this site for Droidplayer users.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:46 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
What Sport Addons are you trying to use as there are specific posts relating to Sports Addons on the various forums on KODI/XBMC.

Some addons do not work on the Gotham release but do work on other versions like Frodo and Kodi.
Sports devil is the main one, can't remember the names of all of them but I went through loads and couldn't get any of them to work.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 02-11-2014, 05:11 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Quite right.

And napster was just a peer-to-peer file sharing internet service that emphasised sharing of audio files.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:48 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Downloaded this for my Samsung, works well, trial and error for better streams but it gets rid of all the annoying ads.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can you cast from XBMC to Chromecast?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:51 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Quite right.

And napster was just a peer-to-peer file sharing internet service that emphasised sharing of audio files.
Is this some kind of joke? If not, please stop posting ITT as you have no idea what you are talking about
Old 02-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Exactly. I heard Tim Berners-Lee invented piratebay.

I use XBMC. I run it on a pivos box. It's pretty good, but quite technical. If I wasn't pretty okayish with computers (and google!) I think I'd struggle.