Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:39 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
Is this some kind of joke? If not, please stop posting ITT as you have no idea what you are talking about
A third party add-on that offers free streaming piracy content going by the name of navi-x even has a twitter account with over 15k not very shy followers. I've heard the content on their is mind-blowing and updated by an online community daily. Funnily enough this add on only works through XBMC.

Of course XMBC can be used by millions of legal users, but it has opened itself to a grey area.

Piratebay and Napster liked to argue the case that their site offered legal content and it wasn't their fault if users chose to share illegal content.

XBMC can be used in similar fashion and it's not like a lot of these popular content-rich add ons work across different media centres.

They've even started to try and distance themselves from this grey area [article below], rather than disable the feature or ban some of these third party add ons. They know they would lose a lot of users and their share in the TV/media box market by doing so.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by greybot; 02-11-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Huh? Isn't navi-x just an online video plugin? It was when I ran xbmc which was 5 years

edit:

still is To view the link you have to Register or Login

Nobody uploads cideos to navi-x site, indeed there isn't one
Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Exactly. I heard Tim Berners-Lee invented piratebay.

I use XBMC. I run it on a pivos box. It's pretty good, but quite technical. If I wasn't pretty okayish with computers (and google!) I think I'd struggle.
It's fun to setup and tweak.

I used to make styles and wrote a few plugins etc.

But after a while I would get pissed off when my remote stopped working because of an Ubuntu update or a really good video plugin stopped working after working for ages
Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It was when I ran xbmc which was 5 years
You ran xbmc the entity or you ran it on your machines?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
You ran xbmc the entity or you ran it on your machines?
on my machines
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I never know with you.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

there is a hidden compliment there somewhere
Old 02-11-2014, 08:01 PM
What, no boat?

Yes.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:15 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Huh? Isn't navi-x just an online video plugin? It was when I ran xbmc which was 5 years

edit:

still is To view the link you have to Register or Login

Nobody uploads cideos to navi-x site, indeed there isn't one

That is correct. Never said content was remotely hosted on a server of theirs. Plugin only works with XBMC.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think I'm going to return my droidplayer and get a refund. Doesn't appeal to me all that much any longer, would rather just plug the tablet into the TV with the HDMI cable and watch a film through netflix.

Thought it would be good for streaming sport but I can't get the damn thing to work, spent so long trying to get a stream of the City/Utd game, gave up once the game was over and I'd fallen asleep on my bed. Afternoon naps are awesome.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 03-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

surely you can come up with a wireless solution, appleTV, chromecast etc
Old 03-11-2014, 12:15 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil's Barber View Post
Can you cast from XBMC to Chromecast?
Yep, get an App called Yatse. It acts as a remote for XBMC, allows you to watch things locally on your tablet or cast them to your tv
Old 03-11-2014, 03:40 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
surely you can come up with a wireless solution, appleTV, chromecast etc
I looked at Apple TV but figured an Android box would be a better investment and less restrictive.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I downloaded xbmc a while back after an early recommendation from Dave (thx) and converted a load of our DVDs and so before losing the will to live a little. I have upgraded to the latest Gotham version today and thought I would take another look at it. I looked in Addons for XUNITY and FUSION referenced above but they don't appear and so I assume it means something else.EDIT I have added the 2 servers but could still do with a pointer or 2 on where to look and 'repositeries' and which ones of those to use?

I am comfortable enough playing my own stuff but I have never got into the add-ons or downloads and could do with some pointers at which are the best/main ones to start with if that's OK.

If it helps narrow it down I think we mainly watch:
recent-ish films and UK/US TV programmes. Watching Palace of course but not that bothered about other sports/teams.

Will keep trawling in the meantime but I am not that clear on this first step.

Last edited by Martin H; 03-11-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Hmmm Not sure how dumb I am but I am not at all sure what I am doing with this and so have downed tools and trying to read more online. I have added the sources OK but I am not sure I really understand what that is really doing TBH. Will read more and report back just in case others are stuck/as daft as I feel :-)
Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM
What, no boat?

Try and find Sports Devil, it's either in Mash up or Fusion.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:02 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
XBMC working football add-ons

Ourmatch
Football Replays
Football Today
Sports-A-Holic
Sports Devil

For zip files check out the following sites

Repositories List

Plenty of XBMC related videos are on Youtube.

I hope that this helps
Old 04-11-2014, 06:13 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
XBMC can look daunting but if you follow the Youtube installation videos on
Repositories and the Addon files that they contain then the basic procedure for adding to XBMC becomes second nature. Pause the video at each stage of the process as it is vital that the correct Source URL's are typed in when adding a source.

Also check out Istream and Ilive XBMC Addons as they contain loads of video categories and playlists created by developers.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:29 PM

XBMC File link

Download the KODI/XBMC FILE here :

Old 05-11-2014, 12:14 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Looks like I got it working! Managed to stream a bit of the Palace game on monday night and now managing to list films in various add ons which it wasn't doing before.

Golf handicap - 11