Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Did you use the wizard addons or did you do it all manually?

I added the source without any problem. I was looking for something called mashup that the video said to add but never found that on unity or fusion and so I thought I must be doing something wrong. the vid never referenced the wizard or config addons and so I didn't use them but thinking now I probably should have done. I am a little bit wary of vids that are out of date or maybe encouraging you to do something that opens up your pc to attack. I get enough of those stupid fraud phone calls already and don't need any more.

I like to understand how its working underneath and I am not really sure what is happening. Then I can normally work things out. Just to check:

Setting the source is obviously configuring xbmc to look in a particular location for new files etc.

Are these addons just a way of configuring xbmc further to then use the files at that source and integrate them into the menus?

Or are they addon programs. I have used the addon programs from within xbmc without any issue before but this is done differently for some reason.

Sorry for the dumb questions.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:36 AM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think that you will find that the repository creator adds the files which then have to be downloaded and enabled from within the main repository file by clicking on the Music or Video addons folder which appears once the repository file has been opened.
Each addon that you see listed that you want has to installed and then enabled, this takes about a minute for each addon that you want.

The enabled addons will then be found when you go back to the main menu and click on video then video addons.

Note that not all enabled addons will work as some are country specific and some require you to open an account to access them.

There are 100's though that do work so do not despair.

There is one Source file available that contains loads of addons

To view the link you have to Register or Login

At the latest count this all-in-one file contains 1,469 addons
Old 06-11-2014, 10:42 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Really appreciate the help from you guys.

hdeagle - that last link looks like it might simplify my life a bit and so I have downloaded that and will see how I get on. Will report back on progress but optimistic now
Old 06-11-2014, 11:12 AM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
XBMC has so much to offer once you get the hang of it and it is not just great for watching
Films, TV,Sports,Music and Karaoke from around the world.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:43 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
As an aside, after I installed fusion I now have this irritating TVaddons logo on my front page. Any idea how I can gt rid of it?
Old 06-11-2014, 05:20 PM

Ok - so I managed to install the repository from that link and I have been able to get into all sorts of lists of goodies etc. But when I play them the box seems to stay on the screen (blocking the view) and then it fails and tells me to see log file. I have hunted around and can't (yet) find the log file and so no progress.

Looks huge which is tempting but of course frustrating really. Doh!

I suspect I have something missing in setup or subscription or something but will wait a while.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 PM

Check out the Youtube videos on XBMC Skins to change the appearance and menu layout.

To change it all you do is go to System then Settings then Appearance there will be loads already downloaded as they are included in the Repository files that contain the video addons.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:26 PM

If you have a particular problem with XBMC just type the Addon name and your error into Google and it will generally either explain a fix on a forum or via a Youtube link.

Many Addons will only work in certain countries unless you set up a VPN IP Address via one of the VPN Providers.

This particularly applies to US Addons like HULU,USTVNOW etc.

Other Addons will provide similar or the same content without the need to use a VPN.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:54 PM

Hi,

Just a quick update on my stupidity. I have installed the repository and then added mashup and within that seem to be able to access an enormous amount of movie/tv lists etc. All good and clever stuff. I just wanted to get anything to work and so I ahve tried a load of the options now and troed to 'play from here' but it appears to connect and so on and occasionally I hear the opening theme and see something in the background but the 'progress/status box remains'. It then says something has failed and it stops.

I turned on xbmc debugging but it didn't tell me much and I still haven't worked out how to read the log file yet or even find it TBH. I can't find a log file in the xbmc directory. I did 'add on' the xbmc log viewer addon but that just shows a blank screen and so . . . . . EDITED - JUST DONE EXACTLY THE SAME THING AND APPEAR TO HAVE ACCESS TO LOG NOW. JUST HAVE TO WORK OUT WHAT ITS SAYING NOW

I have been trying the Google 'thing' but no progress at all so far.

I can only guess at the minute but wonder if I don't have the right 'play programs' or codecs or subscriptions or something.

If you do have time can you just list out the easiest example and I will have a go at that. I will keep reading the posts on xbmc and mashup sites but they seem to be handling more complex issues akin to fine-tuning your car engine's performance. I can't quite find the lock on the car door at the minute :-)

TBH I am a bit further than that but it makes me feel a bit stupid. I would say 'historically' I have been OK at this stuff and have been online before browsers and so on but I am still a bit lost.

I do think if I can get one simple thing working I should be fine. I have had no real trouble before using xbmc on my own converted dvd's etc. A doddle really.

Don't worry if you don't have time. I will stick at it. :-)

Last edited by Martin H; 06-11-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:47 PM

What Addons are you unable to get working in XBMC as some are broken.

Go to System then Settings then Addons, then Enabled Addons, find the Addon that you want and right click on it to see its Config and Settings, make sure that it does not require an account and check that the Metadata is enabled in its display option.

If my Addon is working and yours is not then I can list the working Addon settings so that you can match them with mine.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:00 PM

XUNITY TALK has a developers forum but after a few searches you will have to set up a sign-in to continue to access it.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:34 PM

To keep things simple I have just installed the mashup repository which seems to be widely recommended. I am happy to try something else if you think it might be easier to get me going - just let me know what and I will try it.

The mashup things look as I would have guessed they should until I try to play anything. It tries and then it flags something failed or wouldn't play and that I should check my log file (it seems to reference part of it rather than all of it).

I assume the log file is the xbmc logging which I have to turn on and then repeat it to see what it says. I did do this and from memory it said it wouldn't play on this screen but I know I can play my own films etc. and so have assumed it probably doesn't mean that literally. I was seeing the normal intro screens i.e. paramount etc. and hearing music. Will try it again tomorrow but if there is something that you think is easier that I should try first then let me know. :-)

I do appreciate the help and patience but I am making progress, and once I have something working I would think I can get the rest sorted.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:20 AM

Slough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS Murray
Hi All,

Is there an XBMC for the old Apple TV (grey looking case).

EDIT
Answered my own question:

Last edited by Slough Eagle; 11-11-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:08 PM

TVMC is now available for MAC as well as Android devices.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
What Addons are you unable to get working in XBMC as some are broken.

Go to System then Settings then Addons, then Enabled Addons, find the Addon that you want and right click on it to see its Config and Settings, make sure that it does not require an account and check that the Metadata is enabled in its display option.

If my Addon is working and yours is not then I can list the working Addon settings so that you can match them with mine.
HDeagle

Can you tell me one of your favourite Addons that you know works and I will try to get that one working. I have the mashup addon installed successfully (or so it appears until I try to play something) and if you use that perhaps you could just let me know one thing from that which you know works, I will try it and then we can compare the settings?

If you don't use mashup then just let me know another. I have already installed the Xunity and fusion sources but have stuck with trying the mashup items rather than make it more confusing but happy to try anything TBH. :-)
Old 11-11-2014, 07:26 PM

Some of THE Mashup addon is not working.

Try Navi-x by going to the addon clicking on Navi Extreme Portal then Recently Updated.
By clicking on the left of the screen you then get a pop-up options menu change the view to Thumbnails.

There are pages and pages of links on Navi-x.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:40 AM

Woohoo - I did that and at least got a film to begin with picture and sound - cool!

As I said before I really appreciate your patience as my questions were classic dumb newbie. for some reason I don't find xbmc that intuitive but once I have found the right root it's fine. It looks now as if I was doing it right before but as you say mashup simply wasn't working correctly. Doh! I just assumed it was me that was duff . . .

Anyway - I will start the exploration.

Old 22-11-2014, 11:26 PM

There is a fix to get Mash-Up addon working again.

The plugin link is in the comments under the video.
Old 25-11-2014, 08:04 PM

Great new video addon called Phoenix can now be added to XBMC

The zip file link is in the comments under the Youtube player window
Old 25-11-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Great new video addon called Phoenix can now be added to XBMC

The zip file link is in the comments under the Youtube player window
Is it another flavour of Navi X/Mashup or is it something different? Always a bit nervous clicking on the Youtube links as I noticed folk put their own links up and it could be dodgy.