Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-11-2014, 04:21 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
A better version of the advert

Old 07-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Now this is a proper Christmas ad...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2014, 05:31 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Christ I remember that. There was another Woolies one of similar vintage starring Joe Brown as some sort of circus ringmaster. Contained the frankly awesomely bizarre rhyming couplet:

Can we get you records? Of course we can
Seven and the Ragged Tiger - Duran Duran

So must have been around 1984
Old 07-11-2014, 05:39 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Don't want to piss on anyones chips but what a pile of shit solely designed to milk you of your money. I'll pass on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 07-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Christ I remember that. There was another Woolies one of similar vintage starring Joe Brown as some sort of circus ringmaster. Contained the frankly awesomely bizarre rhyming couplet:

Can we get you records? Of course we can
Seven and the Ragged Tiger - Duran Duran

So must have been around 1984

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2014, 06:52 PM
AWM V 42 124

Brumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is here
Can someone buy me a screwdriver and a pack of random size screws for £3.99 please

Old 07-11-2014, 06:52 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Just to say I had a toy penguin that came with me everywhere (which I still have) 40 years before this
Old 07-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
It's better than Beatleboy doing it at karaoke.
You wouldn't know, you've never heard me sing ( as far as i know?) and I have never sung this one before. I do sing some John Lennon songs ( Watching the Wheels, Beautiful Boy and Imagine etc) and of course lots of Beatles stuff - but you just mentioning me in the same sentence as Mr Lennon is an honour!!!

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 07-11-2014, 09:19 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
Another year, another vomit inducing pile of shite from John Lewis. Why can't they just piss off and stop inflicting this nauseating crap on us.
Because it obviously works given the profits they've recently shared with their staff
Old 08-11-2014, 06:19 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
A better version of the advert

I just tried to neg rep you but it wouldn't let me.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:35 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everyone is talking about it, therefore it's working
Old 08-11-2014, 06:46 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I just tried to neg rep you but it wouldn't let me.
Bit harsh Nick, it ain't my fault the Penguin has been cooked at too high a temperature and neither is the faux pas of serving with Brussel Sprouts.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:10 AM

Polak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Off topic but spotted this whilst looking at the penguin story: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Polak; 08-11-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:10 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Everyone is talking about it, therefore it's working
And everyone remembers which store it is.

I quite like that they push a 'feeling' about Christmas rather than actual products. That must have been a hard pitch to sell when the advertising company first suggested it to John Lewis. Other companies are trying to copy that this year.

Mind you, they'll probably sell a lot of penguins now!

I think I prefer last year's, partly because the animation was so good.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Bombaye...

Norvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My guess is you don't work in advertising, Yoda
Old 08-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Hands up who actually clicked on the link to watch the advert

I bet cpfcfan1 actually works there
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
I've recently finished working with an agency on a 60 second ad for a big charity.

They wanted £50k for it. The cost of production was £22.5k. The rest was for creative concepts - 3 storyboards and a PowerPoint presentation. Not a bad days work.

Generous of them to only do it within budget thanks to their 15% charity discount.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:31 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Just to say I had a toy penguin that came with me everywhere (which I still have) 40 years before this
damn JCLs
Attached Images
File Type: png percy071114v2.png (553.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
They wanted £50k for it. The cost of production was £22.5k. The rest was for creative concepts - 3 storyboards and a PowerPoint presentation. Not a bad days work.
I would be fairly certain that they lost money on it.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-11-2014, 10:14 AM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apparently these penguins are about £95 a pop...good bit of marketing there by the looks of it....always been a rip off store so nowts changed.