Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-11-2014, 10:21 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I would be fairly certain that they lost money on it.
Not when you see the ad.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:42 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
Apparently these penguins are about £95 a pop...good bit of marketing there by the looks of it....always been a rip off store so nowts changed.
Quality service costs. I love JL.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
It's no 90's Toys R Us advert.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:14 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvun Mankey View Post
My guess is you don't work in advertising, Yoda
You are very wrong then!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
Apparently these penguins are about £95 a pop...good bit of marketing there by the looks of it....always been a rip off store so nowts changed.
Just been on their website to look and they have 3 pages of penguin stuff, from a few quid to one toy that is over £100.

I haven't found them a rip off, and they will price match. Have used their website occasionally and their deliveries have been spot on.

No, I don't work for them, but I'd be tempted....wouldn't mind the staff discount!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:57 PM
CEO Vandelay Industries

costner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecostner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sort of semi-relevant: apparently Edgar Davids has been hired at fashionable NY ad agency Anomaly To view the link you have to Register or Login

They'll probably just waste him at left-back anyway.

(I like the John Lewis ad by the way).
Old 09-11-2014, 10:45 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Steve Parish posted a link up of the John Lewis advert saying:

Steve Parish @CEO4TAG · Nov 8
Check out another piece of genius from the worlds most creative palace fan

Ben Priest is the guys name.
Old 15-12-2015, 09:01 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
For the second year running, I've made a John Lewis ad parody video with the children at the Additional Needs School I work at. This year we've decided to publicise the video to try and raise funds for a much needed refurbishment to the children's playground. It really is in a poor state.

Anyway here's a link to the video - you'll probably recognise the animated style from somewhere else

To view the link you have to Register or Login

and not wishing to put the hard sell on you good people of the BBS; but if any of you have a spare pound or two, then any donation will be most gratefully received To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-12-2015, 11:15 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
For the second year running, I've made a John Lewis ad parody video with the children at the Additional Needs School I work at. This year we've decided to publicise the video to try and raise funds for a much needed refurbishment to the children's playground. It really is in a poor state.

Anyway here's a link to the video - you'll probably recognise the animated style from somewhere else

and not wishing to put the hard sell on you good people of the BBS; but if any of you have a spare pound or two, then any donation will be most gratefully received To view the link you have to Register or Login
Shame you cannot post last years one as well Nick.

Once again great work. Really hope it gets the money rolling in.
Old 17-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Eircom goldminer

si1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not specifically John Lewis although it liberally uses clips from over the years this is more a parody of Christmas advertising in general...

Old 10-11-2017, 09:07 AM

New John Lewis Christmas ad released today. It's even worse than last years but not to worry...only cost £7m to make.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:14 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
New John Lewis Christmas ad released today. It's even worse than last years but not to worry...only cost £7m to make.
I like last years' but this one doesn't really make any sense to me.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:17 AM

An update: for those of you that kindly contributed to my school's playground fund a couple of years ago on the back of my spoof John Lewis ad; after a lot of meetings and wranglings, the council agreed to add to the amount we raised and work is to begin in January.

Pretty sure all the publicity from the video and subsequent fundraisers gently prompted our council into action.

Thank you so much to all who contributed. Going to make a massive difference to the children. Will post pics once finished.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
I like last years' but this one doesn't really make any sense to me.
Scratched my head for a bit but think it's to do with the night light making the boy not scared of the dark anymore, so making the monster disappear. I'm open to any other interpretations though.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
An update: for those of you that kindly contributed to my school's playground fund a couple of years ago on the back of my spoof John Lewis ad; after a lot of meetings and wranglings, the council agreed to add to the amount we raised and work is to begin in January.

Pretty sure all the publicity from the video and subsequent fundraisers gently prompted our council into action.

Thank you so much to all who contributed. Going to make a massive difference to the children. Will post pics once finished.
Excellent. Well done you.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Scratched my head for a bit but think it's to do with the night light making the boy not scared of the dark anymore, so making the monster disappear. I'm open to any other interpretations though.
Yes.

Although it's odd the monster gave it to him. Promoting suicide by present-giving?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 09:23 AM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Marks and Spencer one is a bit edgy with a potty mouth Paddington

To view the link you have to Register or Login&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">To view the link you have to Register or Login&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes.

Although it's odd the monster gave it to him. Promoting suicide by present-giving?
It's like buying one of your kids a nerf gun. You & the kids know it's a great gift but at the same time you also know that within 24hrs someone is going to cop a bullet in the eyeball leading to the inevitable meltdown & then having to put the gun on top of the wardrobe where the kids can't get it and to remove the climate of fear in the house.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Yes.

Before the monster gives him the present, he realises that the boy is exhausted by being awake in the night and wants to help him.

Although the expression of fake surprise on the mum’s face when the boy finds the present might also suggest that she gave that present and is playing along with the boy’s belief that there’s a monster.

After all, there is no monster under our beds......is there?

Old 10-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes.

The monster itself is not the cause of his night time restlessness, it is just a manifestation of the problem. The monster giving him the nightlight for Xmas is symbolic of his subconscious righting itself and allowing him to move on.

'The Monster' has not died as such. It will continue to bring more comfort to others elsewhere, much like a modern day, though less hairy, Michael Landon in 'Highway to Heaven'