Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Jonathan Williams Fanclub

SteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A very poor effort. Both M&S and Aldi have made far superior Christmas adverts this year. ON NOVEMBER 10TH.
BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League Champion 2015/16
Old 10-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst300 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Started watching it but gave up. Very boring.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:25 AM

Bubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
I like last years' but this one doesn't really make any sense to me.
Perhaps they should have used Rolf Harris as the Monster instead.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:35 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
The monster itself is not the cause of his night time restlessness, it is just a manifestation of the problem. The monster giving him the nightlight for Xmas is symbolic of his subconscious righting itself and allowing him to move on.

'The Monster' has not died as such. It will continue to bring more comfort to others elsewhere, much like a modern day, though less hairy, Michael Landon in 'Highway to Heaven'

Doesn't the boy switch the light off at the end, making the monster reappear? Sure you hear a heavy grunt at the end...although may have been the dad on route to the toilet.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
The monster itself is not the cause of his night time restlessness, it is just a manifestation of the problem. The monster giving him the nightlight for Xmas is symbolic of his subconscious righting itself and allowing him to move on.

'The Monster' has not died as such. It will continue to bring more comfort to others elsewhere, much like a modern day, though less hairy, Michael Landon in 'Highway to Heaven'
Thank you, that comforts me.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

Doesn't the boy switch the light off at the end, making the monster reappear? Sure you hear a heavy grunt at the end...although may have been the dad on route to the toilet.
Where previously darkness would have plunged the child back into the realm of nightmares, all that happens this time is that through the comforting sound of his good friend, he's reminded that he has nothing to be afraid of.

Unless the monster is Louis CK dressed up, in which case there may be cause for concern
Old 10-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Started watching it but gave up. Very boring.
I somehow made it through the two minutes
Old 10-11-2017, 10:51 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyHawking View Post
A very poor effort. Both M&S and Aldi have made far superior Christmas adverts this year. ON NOVEMBER 10TH.
They’re going to shift a heck of a lot of those nightlights and duvet covers though.

But I agree, this is possibly the weakest JL advert for some time.

At least with the M&S one we have the fun of hearing Santa say ‘fank you’...or possibly something more dodgy if your hearing is iffy.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Expat Thornton Heathen

Hitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHitchin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I hope people will post links to spoofs here as the appear.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:13 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I think John Lewis should employ you Bubbs to do the next one in like 'A John Lewis Christmas minute' type thing.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:46 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I think John Lewis should employ you Bubbs to do the next one in like 'A John Lewis Christmas minute' type thing.
I'm guessing Bubbs would be happy to take the same £7M spent in 2017, on his 2018 production.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Where previously darkness would have plunged the child back into the realm of nightmares, all that happens this time is that through the comforting sound of his good friend, he's reminded that he has nothing to be afraid of.
Well all this makes it sound quite brilliant on a number of levels. So John Lewis are saying that they can rid the world of evils and worries and bring you and your family inner peace and tranquillity... providing your buy some of their high street tat.

I wonder how the little boy would have coped if the light had been from Curry's or something awful like that?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

You are Michael Palin and I claim my £5.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
Perhaps they should have used Rolf Harris as the Monster instead.
Too late.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Perchance to sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyHawking View Post
All my life I have believed that carrots were asexual. How wrong I have been.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Well all this makes it sound quite brilliant on a number of levels. So John Lewis are saying that they can rid the world of evils and worries and bring you and your family inner peace and tranquillity... providing your buy some of their high street tat.

I wonder how the little boy would have coped if the light had been from Curry's or something awful like that?
I think they're just saying that kids have a vivid imagination, night lights can help them sleep if they're afraid of the dark, would you like to buy one - but in a more elaborate fashion
Old 10-11-2017, 11:45 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
The John Lewis advert made me cry. Surely anyone who has seen a child in their family, daughter, son, nephew, niece, with all their wonderful imagination, with their lack of bigotry and their ability to befriend anyone who is kind to them, monster or not, would find this moving. Maybe I'm an over emotional chump, but I think it's lovely.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:55 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Link
Old 10-11-2017, 11:59 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
The John Lewis advert made me cry. Surely anyone who has seen a child in their family, daughter, son, nephew, niece, with all their wonderful imagination, with their lack of bigotry and their ability to befriend anyone who is kind to them, monster or not, would find this moving. Maybe I'm an over emotional chump, but I think it's lovely.
I don't know about the advert making me cry, but your post gave me a right good giggle

Cheers