Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

View Poll Results: Ed Sheeran - what's the point?
He's an Amazing Auburn Artist 37 31.62%
He's a Generally Gash Ginger 80 68.38%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Another bedwetting millionaire in the charts…..sheesh!
Old 16-01-2015, 09:30 PM

Son of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I also love a good bit of pop, but I can't stand Taylor Swift. There's a thin line between polished and too polished and she went past it towards too polished along time ago.
you still absolutely would though wouldn't you.....
Old 16-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Computer says no!!

bigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Ron View Post
you still absolutely would though wouldn't you.....
No doubt she would probably whinge and moan in a song about it.
Old 16-01-2015, 09:44 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
The only people who buy records en masse are people who like Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Emile Sande, Coldplay, Mumford and sons, Jake Bugg

There isnt really anything wrong with what these artists do but theyre grown for success, as nice and inoffensive as possible. There is a massive audience for nice people making nice music, but anything or anyone who is too nice is immediately annoying and irritating to others.

If you dont like it you arent wrong, but other people will
Old 16-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Giving it

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Sam Smith
Interestingly enough, I happened to be working on a festival (I won't name names, this isn't the big-myself-up or plug-my-sh*t thread) where he had been booked to play as a largely unknown new singer in the middle of the bill. As luck would have it, that Naughty Boy track with him on it went to no. 1 a week before the event, so suddenly it felt like an accidental coup. Until he started singing...

I have genuinely never experienced such a boring performance. I don't even understand it, because I've seen his stage performances on TV since and they're not boring, they're fine and he sings well, but at the time I couldn't help but think 'what on Earth are you even trying to do?' Nobody who saw that performance would have believed that he was a professional singer, would ever be given a record deal, was no. 1 in the charts at the time. Perhaps this is why he emerged singing over other people's productions, because the label had to work out a way to actually package him in as a presentable product and come up with songs and arrangements that actually made his performances bearable (clue: not just a cello).

PS Taylor Swift is quality.

Last edited by EryrExile; 16-01-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 16-01-2015, 10:25 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i quite like him. If you don't, don't listen to him i suppose. He's just an above average musician, making the most of what he has. Good voice, decent writing ability and decent musicality. At least he's an actual musician though and not someone that sings other peoples songs

Also, think you're doing a massive disservice to both Timberlake and Styles
Old 16-01-2015, 10:25 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
He sings a genre of music that I find boring, nothing more to it.
Old 16-01-2015, 11:33 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Ginger James Blunt.

It's not music that any self-respecting adult should be gravitating towards. Inoffensive drivel for my 13 year old daughter, but not for us.
The main thing is, and has been touched on by a number here, is that it is so incredibly dull.

Last edited by Stellavista; 16-01-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old 16-01-2015, 11:40 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
It's just bland shite for the Reading & Leeds crowd.
Has Reading changed that much? He would have been bottled off after the first syllable back in the day. And rightly so.
Old 17-01-2015, 12:08 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Has Reading changed that much? He would have been bottled off after the first syllable back in the day. And rightly so.
Quite. More for the V-festival crowd.

I said on another thread but those 3 days at Wembley would be awful and full of the worst type of people on the planet.
Old 17-01-2015, 12:10 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It will just be 80000 people telling each other they're having the best day of their lives but they need 200 shit photos on their camera phones to validate their lives. When asked what the highlight of the their day was they'll go through the phone to find a funny selfie while queuing for the loo. Get to **** you dullards.
Old 17-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Giving it

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I said on another thread but those 3 days at Wembley would be awful and full of the worst type of people on the planet.
Well, at least Danny boy will actually go to something at a football stadium...
Old 17-01-2015, 12:38 AM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hadn't heard of him until I saw shrek attempting to sing along side him a couple months back.
Old 17-01-2015, 01:46 AM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just can't figure out why there are no protest singers any more . Why is there no modern day Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger or Judy Collins??
But then what do I know - maybe Ed Sheeran's next album is called "Southern Railway Bastards"...
Old 17-01-2015, 02:47 AM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
Just can't figure out why there are no protest singers any more . Why is there no modern day Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger or Judy Collins??
But then what do I know - maybe Ed Sheeran's next album is called "Southern Railway Bastards"...
The World need another John Lennon right now. Literally absolutely no chance though...
Old 17-01-2015, 03:27 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
i quite like him. If you don't, don't listen to him i suppose. He's just an above average musician, making the most of what he has. Good voice, decent writing ability and decent musicality. At least he's an actual musician though and not someone that sings other peoples songs

Also, think you're doing a massive disservice to both Timberlake and Styles
Exactly! Why do people get so annoyed about these things? I'm not a big fan but see the appeal. He's making money and I'm. Sure he doesn't care too much about what people say, anyone popular and pop gets crap no matter what. He's not the best pop artist but there is not much out there. Timberlake does things best in my opinion as far as pop goes, does everything very well.

Will be interesting to see what Sheeran does with his next album, may try and prove some of the naysayers wrong and go for something more for the music snobs.
Old 17-01-2015, 04:13 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Judging by the people I know who go there, yes. It's only got a bit more 'edge' than V, Glasto etc.
Old 17-01-2015, 05:54 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Don't know him... had to Google him - looks like another Jamie Oliver.
Old 17-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Banned by Moderators

breagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbreagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
too safe, too boring - just like simply red - in fact is there any ginger singer with a bit of oomph.

other captain sensible or johnny lydon when they had reddish hair!

Too much pap in pop today

x factor crap

need another punk or similar underground scene to blast it all away

but well done to Ed tho for his success and hard work, not my thing but anyway he must have worked his socks off
Old 17-01-2015, 12:25 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I'm more offended by music snobs, than I am by musicians who are inoffensive!

I liked his song 'Sing'. Seems a talented and likeable guy, and it's good he's got more to him than the 1D pretty-boy types.

I expect there are protest singers out there if people want to make the effort to look for them, but they are bound to be less on the mainstream platforms.