Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 25-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Have Brighton always been a laughing stock?

I started going to Palace in 1994 as a six year old. Until October 2002 I didn't even know that Brighton were our rivals and even then the gap couldn't have been bigger. Since then they've been permanently in our shadow, despite a couple of years back when it looked like that may change. But no, they managed to help us restore the natural order of things.

This morning I watched FA Cup rewind and they mentioned the fact that in the seventies, the mighty seagulls managed to lose at home to part time Leatherhead. So I come back to my question:

Old 25-01-2015, 12:41 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I started going to Palace in 1994 as a six year old. Until October 2002 I didn't even know that Brighton were our rivals and even then the gap couldn't have been bigger. Since then they've been permanently in our shadow, despite a couple of years back when it looked like that may change. But no, they managed to help us restore the natural order of things.

This morning I watched FA Cup rewind and they mentioned the fact that in the seventies, the mighty seagulls managed to lose at home to part time Leatherhead. So I come back to my question:

They also lost 8-2 at home to Bristol rovers in the 1973-4 season.There is a video on YouTube if you want a laugh.
O

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 25-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Terwit Terwoo.

Supa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
They also lost 8-2 at home to Bristol rovers in the 1973-4 season.There is a video on YouTube if you want a laugh.
O
I believe that was when Clough was manager. And he didn't want to be there in the first place!
I brought my boy up to hate Brighton and yet the first time he saw us play them was back in 2006 when they beat us 1-0 at Selhurst. He was too young to take for the 5-0 humiliation.
Palace have made it up to him since though. Bar the odd little blip.
Old 25-01-2015, 03:30 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post

Bad education, this is my brother back in 2000 when he was 12, it was his idea for the shirt printing, and he had never seen Brighton live at the time. 2 older Brighton hating brothers helped him mind.

Old 25-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They haven't always been a laughing stock. It's taken years for them to rise to laughing stock
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 25-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton announced their status as a laughing stock to the world when they changed their nickname from the Dolphins to the Seagulls, because Seagulls sounds a bit like Eagles.
Old 25-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Yes, yes they have

THE FIST BUMPERS
Old 25-01-2015, 05:02 PM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
O
That came just after having been beaten 4-0 at home in the FA Cup by mighty Walton and Hersham
Old 25-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosling View Post
Brighton announced their status as a laughing stock to the world when they changed their nickname from the Dolphins to the Seagulls, because Seagulls sounds a bit like Eagles.
They could have been cute intelligent sea creatures and instead chose to be bin wrecking vermin! Bless em - they have the nickname they deserve.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 25-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Northern Monkey

Palace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Yes, yes they have
Yep, in one way or another!
Old 25-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Terwit Terwoo.

Supa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yet another 4th round stumbling.
When will these seaside cnuts stop bothering?
Old 25-01-2015, 06:34 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Pard View Post
Yet another 4th round stumbling.
When will these seaside cnuts stop bothering?
Have they qualified for the JPT?
Old 25-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Terwit Terwoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Have they qualified for the JPT?
They weren't good enough for Dulux so why would Johnstones give a ****?
Old 25-01-2015, 06:41 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Yes, yes they have
Is the right answer
Old 25-01-2015, 06:59 PM

NorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceNorfolkEnchants hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Since 1901
Old 25-01-2015, 07:54 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorfolkEnchants View Post
Since 1901
Correct answer. Close thread.
Old 25-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosling View Post
Yet another completely fair observation that I made on NSC, and received another 'infraction' that led to my eventual, and permanent demise.

This injustice really needs a thread of its own when I get time.
Old 25-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Londoners back