Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:40 PM

Seth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
What next, chucking people out for breathing once they've taken a gulp of hot tea/coffee/hot choc etc.

The stewards should be educated that what is being projected from the mouth is water vapour, not tobacco burning smoke.
Trouble is, I think PL & FL ground regs now say e-cigs are banned.

My question is, if the stewards (and by extension, the club) are taking such a hard line in following these regulations, how is it they are allowed to blatantly flout them by allowing smoking within the stadium perimeter?

Gus Poyet, 15th September 2011
Old 12-02-2015, 06:42 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Eric, (PS2 on here), was over a week ago. He asked if it was ok to smoke at Malaga? I chuckled. In the stadium that night, people not smoking, were the minority. Every 4/5 person had a joint on the go.

Broken Britain.

The pub ran out of Pacheran, which left Chocky miffed.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:54 PM

TonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonysSpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Why would I want to do that when I'm not bothering anyone, when my colleagues have no idea I'm using it and I'm not smoking?
Because people will only respect your rights if your respect theirs. If you genuinely think smoking an e-cig in a stadium is not bothering anyone you are either naïve or stupid.

I'm a smoker and would love to have an area where I can smoke whilst minimizing impact on others. The only reason the legislation didn't allow this is proved on this thread - if you give an inch some will take a mile. A minority attitude restricts the rights of many.

Most smokers do have respect for others I thnk
Old 12-02-2015, 07:27 PM

Alex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
Got nabbed by a steward last night for using my e-cig in the ground. I'm aware of the PL & FL regulation which bans e-cigs in stadia (ridiculous rule, but there y'go), but how is it that people are allowed to smoke actual fags inside the stadium, albeit in an outside area?

I thought smoking was banned anywhere within the stadium boundaries, even in outside areas. How does the club get away with this, while enforcing the ban on e-cigs, which are massively less harmful than real ones, and are helping many people (like me) give up using deadly tobacco?

I know there was a thread on this in 'Questions to CPFC2010', but that appears defunct, and I couldn't find one on the same topic in here or GCC. Mods, please feel free to merge if there is another thread dealing with this issue, thanks.
Do yourself a favor mate, give it up! Better for your pocket, your health, the way you smell, the addiction and dependence on nicotine, and those around you too.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysSpy View Post
Because people will only respect your rights if your respect theirs. If you genuinely think smoking an e-cig in a stadium is not bothering anyone you are either naïve or stupid.
I'm not a smoker myself.

But I think anyone who is bothered by an e-cigarette shouldn't be allowed out in public.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 12-02-2015, 07:34 PM

TouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTouchyAndalou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's a gateway device. E-cigarettes today, meth pipes tomorrow. BAN THEM ALL, THINK OF THE CHILDREN! etc etc.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
I got thrown out at Hull (the day it was implemented by the PL) at half time for vaping! seems everyone wants people to give up smoking but nobody wants anything to do with helping people that are trying to kick the habit
Surely by not allowing you to smoke they are helping you kick the habit and having an e cigarette is not helping you kick your addiction just changing it. If you want to stop smoking stop no need to replace it with something else just stop
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 12-02-2015, 07:53 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-G View Post
Do yourself a favor mate, give it up! Better for your pocket, your health, the way you smell, the addiction and dependence on nicotine, and those around you too.
E-cigs are pretty much odourless and at a minimal cost. Also, not all e-cigs contain nicotine.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
E-cigs are pretty much odourless and at a minimal cost. Also, not all e-cigs contain nicotine.
But you still look daft its a dummy for grown ups
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I'm not a smoker myself.
I'm not a smoker either. I gave that up over a year ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
But I think anyone who is bothered by an e-cigarette shouldn't be allowed out in public.

It's like being bothered by a particularly over-powering perfume.
Should we ban perfume in public places too?
Old 12-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Northern Monkey

Palace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have no issue with e-cigs in public but yes we should ban perfume in public, too many people clearly shower in the stuff.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:11 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
I got thrown out at Hull (the day it was implemented by the PL) at half time for vaping! seems everyone wants people to give up smoking but nobody wants anything to do with helping people that are trying to kick the habit, deep down the goverment dont want people to kick the habit, too much tax being made
They just don't want you to Vape - they are quite happy with you smoking.

There's not enough tax to be made with Vaping.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:27 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
I got thrown out for masturbating at Selhurst. I mean come on that was a hell of a goal by Brighty to beat Millwall. Thankfully it was the last minute and I didn't miss much.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 13-02-2015, 12:41 AM

Seth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeth : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-G View Post
I did give it up (tobacco). I now use e-cigs instead because of all the reasons you give, apart from the nicotine addiction, because I've had to accept I am unable to beat that.

I've tried nicotine withdrawal many times and never lasted more than a year or so before relapsing. This way I figure I can keep using nicotine but in a much safer (cheaper, less smelly etc) way.

Old 13-02-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
They just don't want you to Vape - they are quite happy with you smoking.

There's not enough tax to be made with Vaping.
And also not as many very rich tobacco companies donating large amounts to your political party.

Old 13-02-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
But you still look daft its a dummy for grown ups
No more than a cigarette is.

Old 13-02-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
Surely by not allowing you to smoke they are helping you kick the habit and having an e cigarette is not helping you kick your addiction just changing it. If you want to stop smoking stop no need to replace it with something else just stop
As I said, I've had to accept my nicotine addiction is the lesser evil than the massive and scientifically proved dangers of smoking tobacco. Having tried and failed many times to kick nicotine I've realised that I'm better off just using it in a safer way. I haven't had a fag for over a year and never really feel like having one now.

In the past I'd be yearning and craving every day until I'd eventually cave in, but this way my brain is still getting the nicotine it desires and the rest of my body isn't getting the hundreds of carcinogens and other sh*t which tobacco contains.

Old 13-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
It's a gateway device. E-cigarettes today, meth pipes tomorrow. BAN THEM ALL, THINK OF THE CHILDREN! etc etc.
Touché Touchy
Old 13-02-2015, 04:59 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
As I said, I've had to accept my nicotine addiction is the lesser evil than the massive and scientifically proved dangers of smoking tobacco. Having tried and failed many times to kick nicotine I've realised that I'm better off just using it in a safer way. I haven't had a fag for over a year and never really feel like having one now.

In the past I'd be yearning and craving every day until I'd eventually cave in, but this way my brain is still getting the nicotine it desires and the rest of my body isn't getting the hundreds of carcinogens and other sh*t which tobacco contains.
Amen, Seth.

Plus, Cherry Coke ecigs are the bollocks.
Old 13-02-2015, 07:28 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'm not a smoker either. I gave that up over a year ago

I heard about a court case when I was last in Canada where a waitress that "was overcome and fainted" sued a customer for wearing too much perfume.

So it's coming.