Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 26-02-2015, 12:39 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
13 is great but the opener is way too long
Old 27-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I begrudgingly bought 2 for the Saturday as The Horrors are supporting and I got 25% off. Better be good!

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 27-02-2015, 10:26 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I am a huge Blur fan. This does however mean i have seen them live many many times. I haven't disliked an album they have done. I might have disliked the great escape if it came out when i was older. However at that time i was more than happy with it.

I saw Damon at the royal albert hall not long back which was fun but by no means a blur gig.

However 80... not sure. If it were just me I would probably stump up. However my mrs and son wanted to go and so that's 240. Not sure i can justify that kind of cash. I might trot down on the day and see whats about. The ticket were on the floor for the roses you could get one outside for a tenner. I don't expect this to be the same but may get three for less than 240.

The fact they are selling all sorts of vip and early entry tickets is enough to put me off as well. What a crock of old shite. Just knock out 40,000 tickets at 40-50 each and stop taking the mickey!

Last edited by scro; 27-02-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 27-02-2015, 10:36 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
How about charging a flat rate of 50 quid - but fans of Oasis pay 75?
Old 27-02-2015, 10:45 AM

ConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Might go down and pick up a spare outside. 65 tickets for The Libertines at Hyde Park last summer were going for about 20 on the day, which was gutting. But got tickets for Neil young the following week for 30 outside, despite the tout asking for 60 each at first
Old 27-02-2015, 10:58 AM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How does it work that touts will sell you over 60% less than retail on the day ?
Old 27-02-2015, 11:10 AM

Cake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Because the touts have to sell the tickets by the time the gig starts - so will take a loss to recoup at least some of their money. Better 20quid in the hand than two tickets for yesterdays gig
Old 27-02-2015, 11:39 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
How does it work that touts will sell you over 60% less than retail on the day ?
You have to also remember that the touts aren't paying face value. If you try and sell a spare ticket to the gig to a tout they will offer you peanuts for it.

The touts were paying 3-5 for Stone Roses spare tickets and knocking them out for 10-20. They always start high and i am sure they get many people that like you expect to pay touts more than face value. Who accept a price higher than the touts are really prepared to accept.

If you are laid back about whether you actually get a ticket. You can usually sort something out cheaper for most events. Well in my experience anyway.

Last edited by scro; 27-02-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 27-02-2015, 12:18 PM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Agree with Baloo. Damon's solo album is probably the worst thing he's done.

No way will I be going for 80 sheets.

I did go in 2012 and don't remember anything of it. I had the worst hangover of my life the following day. Also woke up in Redhill and had to get a cab home. I was complaining to someone at work that it was too short and they didnt' play certain songs. Needless to say it was 2 hours long and they played all the hits.
They didn't play Charmless Man. I was also completely ****ed.
Old 27-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Horrors, sweet!

What entrance tickets do you have Pete? We're West
Or do you have posh ones?
Old 27-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just general entry. Overdue a beer!

www.bensheroestrust.org

Old 27-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
ah ok, sometimes they segregate you based on which gate you're entering. I nearly spent a whole gig on my own as all my chums had different gates to me

yes to beer, it's been aaaaages.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
ah ok, sometimes they segregate you based on which gate you're entering. I nearly spent a whole gig on my own as all my chums had different gates to me

yes to beer, it's been aaaaages.
Double booked Might try to swap tickets for Friday. Sorry!

www.bensheroestrust.org

Old 03-03-2015, 05:15 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Once you are in you can go where you want apart from VIP section.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Eep! Woot!

ah ok. Thinking about it, it was just one Foo Fighters gig, and Dave had a massive platform running between the two halfs to run up & down. So maybe it was specific to their requirements
Old 20-03-2015, 08:45 AM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I like both tracks that have been made available so far. I do have my reservations about just how good they will be live. Not bad for us old farts that like to listen and only occasionally pogo up and down to the lively numbers. However for those that want a raucous live experience they are both a little low key.
Old 20-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like the tune of the new song, but that Garageband-esque auto-strings backing gets a bit grating by the end.
Old 28-04-2015, 06:43 AM

The album as a whole is quite simply superb. How good does it feel to have another great blur album released!!!
Old 28-04-2015, 06:54 AM

Bankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBankerhater1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Listened to it yesterday. Not bad at all. On a couple of tracks I thought I picked up the Hong Kong influence ...
Old 28-04-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerhater1 View Post
Listened to it yesterday. Not bad at all. On a couple of tracks I thought I picked up the Hong Kong influence ...
It's definitely there. I think it's a genuinely brilliant album. Which has surprised me slightly as whilst i like lonesome street and go out.. on their own they don't really overly excite me. However as a whole the album really works.

Only track i am struggling with slightly is ong ong.. i cannot get the proclaimers out of my head when i listen to it. Which is rather unfortunate.