Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Come on guys - it's the football, it's real life.

Let's not get so precious about it. If the kids hear some swearing and see some rude signs so what?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Do fans get refused entry if they're pissed when they arrive at the turnstile?

There was a UTD fan absolutely smashed in the top corner of the ground and asked me and my mate where the away fans go in. He could barely walk straight and eyes were gone. Surely stewards wouldn't allow someone so pissed into a ground.
Yes, surely they can if they feel the guy is really drunk (as opposed to a bit 'merry').

It was noticeable at Chelsea last week that some of their stewards were more professional and mature in years/experience than ours. No doubt this has been necessary to clean up the behaviour there, but I suspect we would benefit from a few more like this...a more senior and better paid grade to step forward and take command in the 'trouble spots'. I've seen the occasional senior steward, but perhaps we need more?

I've read many accounts on the BBS of fans asking stewards to deal with situations, but not getting assistance.

I mean this as no disrespect to our stewards, but many look the sort who are happy to check tickets and give directions, but really don't have the experience or physical presence to take on angry/boozed up fans.

We need both types of stewards. It's amazing how having a few more bouncer-types around can discourage some of the bad situations from occurring.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:15 PM
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post

Let's not get so precious about it. If the kids hear some swearing and see some rude signs so what?
Its a little more than that though , pointing out individuals and cut throat gestures is crossing the line , why fully grown men would do that to stand which is posing no intimidation at all is beyond me ,but thats wgat we are dealing with
Old 10-05-2015, 02:19 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking rocks View Post
Not defending bad behaviour but what power does a steward really have?

Power of arrest?- no more than any of us.

Remove a disruptive individual - well yes, but it would take a very brave, if not foolhardy, individual, to steam into 2000+ men to do that.

I know that many will say "well, that's there job" but, honestly, for the minimum wage, how many of us would?

Isn't it a much better idea for football fans to begin behaving like the regular human beings that, at least the majority do, every other day of the week?
Sometimes you have to make an example by removing the worst individual because this will discourage others. But I agree the stewards need help to do so.

The ground rules are meaningless if there's no effort to enforce them. It's ridiculous that the bottle cap will be taken from my youngster's water, whilst a thug trying to start a fight nearby will be ignored.

I've seen fans removed, including Palace fans at away grounds. Usually they get a warning first and then they settle down.

Don't get me wrong, I expect some dodgy behaviour at football and turn a blind eye. But you do occasionally get an individual who is pretty vile and the street would be the best place for him!

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lets not forget the 2 Palace fans given banning orders for going onto the pitch after the 3 3 Liverpool result last season. I hope there is consistency by the authorities.
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
I know mate I'm in the Whitehorse with my two - admittedly on the other side. We laugh at them and my kids think it's hilarious.

Each to their own I suppose but I don't want a sanitised football experience.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:22 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking rocks View Post
With respect, a football match is no place for a 5 year old.
So at what age should you be allowed to turn up? Should be put minimum ages on the tickets, a 5 year old has every right to be there, I started watching 56 years ago when I was 6, should I not have gone? I'll have a word with my sister as she took me, or shouldn't women be there either?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:38 PM

PalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords Eagle View Post
So at what age should you be allowed to turn up? Should be put minimum ages on the tickets, a 5 year old has every right to be there, I started watching 56 years ago when I was 6, should I not have gone? I'll have a word with my sister as she took me, or shouldn't women be there either?
You're right, everyone has the right to be there. But a bit of pragmatism is needed on the odd occasion. I didn't take my 9 year old son to see the 3-3 Liverpool game last season as I knew there would be more than a bit of aggro likely in and around the ground, but I took him for the 3-1 Liverpool game this season.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:56 PM
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I know mate I'm in the Whitehorse with my two - admittedly on the other side. We laugh at them and my kids think it's hilarious.

Each to their own I suppose but I don't want a sanitised football experience.
Just annoys me pal , that all the abuse they give and get nothing back, sure you give em a bit ah wolf
Old 10-05-2015, 02:58 PM

Suffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I think 6 or 7 is around a good age to start going properly. I went to my first game when I was 4 and hated it. Started going at around 6 again and loved it. I also think playing football at that age would play apart.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:18 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Lower holmesdale after the main stand and Arthur are rebuilt
Riot if this happens
Old 10-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Quote:
No and any over 60's.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm sure kids love it when they have people calling them wankers, seeing grown men point to their dicks then their mouths then to young women, and then continue this behaviour for 90 minutes non-stop.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 10-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
So what has been done about the jumped up pricks who invaded the pitch? What are the police charging Palace for if this behaviour isn't dealt with? As usual, see also Millwall over the years they fail when they are really needed.
Couple of them ran towards the Whitehorse as well.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 10-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Couple of them ran towards the Whitehorse as well.
The other thing that really annoys me is that they do this as they know that they have no chance of meeting the people they are threatening, if they really thought that the stewards would just stand back and let them get on with it they would not run over.

I would never as part of a crowd do something I would not do one on one face to face, giving wanker/cut throat signs from within a large group behind a row of stewards to another people just because they support a different team is cowardly and pathetic
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 10-05-2015, 04:47 PM

CroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Our fans get hunted down, escorted by stewards and given lengthy banning orders for running on against Liverpool in an emotional 3-3 game, as we all know. Numerous UTD fans come on our pitch and 90% of them make it back into the away end easily. Ridiculous. Consistency needed, find out who they are and ban them, or lift the ban on our fans.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:50 PM

CroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCroftonEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In addition, having away fans where they are doesn't make sense anymore. Why have them in areas surrounded by kids? Move them back to where they were. The extra 60k (Police Costs) per game will make for a more enjoyable experience for us in the holmesdale, they'll get it all back!
Old 10-05-2015, 05:36 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Thing is how on earth can you blame some stewards on minimum wage trying to control several hundred pissed up football fans, many of which intent on being arseholes.

The problem lies putting the away end next to the family stand.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:18 PM

leicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't reduce the away allocation...please....we want more not less tickets for Palace away.....At Leicester we have our family stand to the right of the away end,and a block to the left where admittance is by season ticket only.....
Old 10-05-2015, 06:40 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I talk to some of the stewards at palace and from what I'm told mainly in the away section the palace stewards are let's say younger or not to worried about dealing with more problems then say a steward in upper holm main stand and family stand would where you get a few older or even youg girls as stewards. To help palace stewards in away section they bring in security firm who do concerts sporting events ect so may be thats why stewarding in upper holm is not as in yer face as lower holm