Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
I was told "it's just banter" and that it's equal from both sets of fans. When in fact it's the away fans who start it and do it the most, some of the home fans return it but only when provoked. But the steward I spoke to did say to me that if it gets too much then they will go in and say something and act, but they won't kick anyone out unless they have to. Which is reasonable, but it doesn't really happen that way in practice, it's usually the home fans who get the warnings.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 10-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Less blimpy than before

Andycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking rocks View Post
With respect, a football match is no place for a 5 year old.
I realise you have added a caveat or two, but this is clearly nonsense.
My eldest was 4 when he started going, and now is like a Palace encyclopedia for the last few seasons. Start em young, and they are hooked.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I was told by the really nice steward near us that they had instructions to edjected anyone that is an away supporter in the home end but as he is not SIA registered he can only request that they leave and has to wait usually whilst getting loads of abuse to remove someone. Now I get the saving 60k per game in policing but if you co that you need to invest more into stewarding all stewards in the away end need to be SIA registered. fans behave better when the police are there are as they are worried about the consequences, when they have young stewards not registered they have no feral and only then behave a bit better when security is there.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 10-05-2015, 07:17 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester1 View Post
Don't reduce the away allocation...please....we want more not less tickets for Palace away.....At Leicester we have our family stand to the right of the away end,and a block to the left where admittance is by season ticket only.....

Probably should reduce the allocation based on fans behaviour in previous years. i.e. As Man U caused problems this year( and last ) with stewards and pitch encroachment only give them 1500 on the grounds of safety. Reduce the away section and increase the Arthur section for Palace fans.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Why not make the HF stewards?

At the first sign of trouble from the away support, they could stand in front of them and sing a nice song.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:10 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
On my ST it clearly states "The Whitehorse"

Utd are a horrible club with horrible fans ... as bad if not worse that Scousers.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:12 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I was told "it's just banter" and that it's equal from both sets of fans. When in fact it's the away fans who start it and do it the most, some of the home fans return it but only when provoked. But the steward I spoke to did say to me that if it gets too much then they will go in and say something and act, but they won't kick anyone out unless they have to. Which is reasonable, but it doesn't really happen that way in practice, it's usually the home fans who get the warnings.
It is bloody annoying that we in the Whitehorse get spoken to and the away fans pretty much get away with what they want. We need some stewards over there with a set of bollox.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:36 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
The cut throat gestures, wanker signs, sexual harassment and the rest of it have been going on since the away fans were moved.

It has lead to Palace fans in the Whitehorse doing it back, which has made the experience for families in the Whitehorse even worse.

Some away fans (there was at least one on Saturday) don't look at the pitch at all, they continually stare at the fans in our end trying to get a reaction.

Some of the things away fans get away with is unbelievable and I'm sure (I hope) that if the powers that be knew what families are having to go through they would stop it and either move the away fans or police games.

My own opinion from being in the Whitehorse for years is that certain games should be policed. Man Utd and Liverpool are two but you never know who's going to play up.

The day we relegated Peterboro one of their fans in the very front row spent the whole game offering kids out and making cut throat gestures and wanker signs. I felt a bit sorry for them at the start of the game, by the end I was glad they went down because of that one idiot.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:40 AM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Lower holmesdale after the main stand and Arthur are rebuilt
with the HF in the gallery- top idea
Old 11-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Unregistered User

tomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomlig : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Probably should reduce the allocation based on fans behaviour in previous years. i.e. As Man U caused problems this year( and last ) with stewards and pitch encroachment only give them 1500 on the grounds of safety. Reduce the away section and increase the Arthur section for Palace fans.
Reducing the alloc for scum u makes sense, at 55 a pop + been there, done that + travel costs, we'll do well to take more than 1500 up there unless it's a crucial match
Old 11-05-2015, 09:05 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lower holmesdale after the main stand and Arthur are rebuilt
Heresy.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 11-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal clubber View Post
with the HF in the gallery- top idea
who said that?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:24 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
The cut throat gestures, wanker signs, sexual harassment and the rest of it have been going on since the away fans were moved.

It has lead to Palace fans in the Whitehorse doing it back, which has made the experience for families in the Whitehorse even worse.

Some away fans (there was at least one on Saturday) don't look at the pitch at all, they continually stare at the fans in our end trying to get a reaction.

Some of the things away fans get away with is unbelievable and I'm sure (I hope) that if the powers that be knew what families are having to go through they would stop it and either move the away fans or police games.

My own opinion from being in the Whitehorse for years is that certain games should be policed. Man Utd and Liverpool are two but you never know who's going to play up.

The day we relegated Peterboro one of their fans in the very front row spent the whole game offering kids out and making cut throat gestures and wanker signs. I felt a bit sorry for them at the start of the game, by the end I was glad they went down because of that one idiot.
I've had or shared a ST in the whitehorse for 20 years, and seen that corner of the arthur with a few palace in it (mostly young kids), replaced by the away fans, and then watched the other end of the arthur grow in popularity as on pitch success happened.

The thing is, there are plenty of police outside the ground every matchday, so wouldn't take long to act on steward/cctv tip offs, and go in and pull out the twats. As breaking rocks says, it shouldn't be down to the steward when they break the laws of the stadium.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:01 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Stewards spent more time worrying about the bloke who sits next to me on Sat in the Whitehorse than they did any of the Man Utd fans put together. Wouldn't have minded but the I have never heard the bloke speak more than a handful of times in the 5 years he has sat next to me!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:03 AM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono14 View Post
Moving them to that position on the ground was wrong. Still, they save 60k a game on police, which must be a struggle to pay in these tough times financially for the club.
The club were being ripped off by the Police and were paying more for policing than nearly any other London club and we were in the Championship at the time. CPFC2010 employed a lot more stewards and virtually removed the Police from the ground to keep costs down. Now that the club can afford it, Its time to bring back a few officers and position them around the away support. 6 or 7 each game is all it takes along with the Stewards. Moving them to the other end of the Arthur would be better for the famlies in the Whitehorse but if i am honest improve my matchday experiance at actually being able to hear the away fans bantering with the home support.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:05 PM
The Seventh Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Stewards spent more time worrying about the bloke who sits next to me on Sat in the Whitehorse than they did any of the Man Utd fans put together. Wouldn't have minded but the I have never heard the bloke speak more than a handful of times in the 5 years he has sat next to me!
Block 3? Stewards only care when a Palace fan reacts and yes I am embarrassed to say I was getting rather frustrated myself on Saturday. United are worse than Liverpool IMVHO. Had we reacted to the cantana rubbish with munich songs they would have got upset. We wouldn't of course as we are far too classy for that
So like a prat I started conducting them
Old 11-05-2015, 12:19 PM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
who said that?
so, you chuck the hf out of the "lower" holmsdale, reserving it for away fans.

Now, using your skill and judgement, where do you think the HF will regroup?

Clue: It won't be the mainstand.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
The new Arthur - like I said.

Would have better acoustics for sure.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Stewards spent more time worrying about the bloke who sits next to me on Sat in the Whitehorse than they did any of the Man Utd fans put together.
And when they did invade the pitch, the big lad working as a steward in front of the away fans ran 10 yards and had to stop to pull his trousers up!!

I'm sure the 5-30pm kickoff fuelled both sets of fans, but the Utd fans did wind me up more than any other set of fans this season. Not only in the stands either, but on the way back to the station and on the trains.

Incidentally, did anyone see the man jump in front of the Victoria train at Norwood Jct and stop it from leaving while he argued with the driver? He was absolutely fuming about something and it took the Police about 10 minutes to actually react to him!
Old 11-05-2015, 12:43 PM

ConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Do you think some steward in their ealry 20's getting about 6.70 an hour is really going to deal with some pissed up football fans? It shouldn't be down to them either, there is a limit to the amount of control a steward has over a crowd, especially the away fans. When it gets too much, the SIA guys should be on standby. As you actually have to go through some training to get the SIA badge and you get at least a tenner an hour, they should be able to deal with any problems.

I'm undecided about moving the away fans back to the Holmesdale side of the Arthur. It would benefit the families in the Whitehorse and would probably save stewarding costs with some of the stewards who stand in front of the HF at corners looking after the away end as well. Although I think there would be too much aggro with hardcore away fans being next to the loudest part of the ground. Atmosphere-wise, it would probably improve with an element of one-upmanship taking place, but would also lead to the shit 'banter' songs coming in. Don't see the away fans moving anytime soon though