Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Cabaye is more than capable of playing the deeper-lying Ledley role alongside McArthur, with Puncheon ahead of them.

Insightful read outlining his all-round abilities here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

"Put simply, in that 2012/13 season, his tackling statistics were similar to James McArthur, his interceptions in line with Michael Carrick and his chance creation slightly superior to Eden Hazard. Evidently, this is someone who can contribute defensively and offensively."

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 17-07-2015, 10:23 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
It's not about attendance anymore. It's not about selling merchandise. Yes that's a revenue stream but no longer the revenue stream. It's all about tv and sponsorship.

Cabaye signing changed us from plucky palace punching above their weight to a side to take note of. The football world map now has us on it. Consolidate that this season and we're one of the big boys. Everton, swansea, perhaps Spurs stuff with another good season. Cabaye was a massive boost to our all important brand and that's the future of football income.
Old 17-07-2015, 10:24 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Oh and he's ******* awesome at football and will be a game changer against teams that sit back against us
Old 17-07-2015, 10:26 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi View Post
Cabaye is more than capable of playing the deeper-lying Ledley role alongside McArthur, with Puncheon ahead of them.

Insightful read outlining his all-round abilities here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

"Put simply, in that 2012/13 season, his tackling statistics were similar to James McArthur, his interceptions in line with Michael Carrick and his chance creation slightly superior to Eden Hazard. Evidently, this is someone who can contribute defensively and offensively."
Just highlights further Jedi will be sold.
Old 17-07-2015, 10:43 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverambo2 View Post
I agree they are fair points. The Cabaye signing isn't a good one economically but it is the galvanising affect that could ensure we have long term indirect value from it. And for a club like ours at this stage of trying to establish ourselves long term in the PL an investment worth making.
You are spot on.
If it works, the plan bringing in quality all be it "older players" like Williams as its been suggested, also say Cisse a more realistic cost effective target, coupled with the sheer class of Cabaye ensures you have a great opportunity building for longer term stability and success.
This was the policy adopted by Southampton many years ago by Laurie McMenemy. and it worked a treat. I would be fully supportive of Alan Pardew should he adopt those tactics, providing he also encourages the development of any outstanding youngsters alongside.
Old 17-07-2015, 11:08 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawleyEagle View Post
Punch has always had a footballing brain beyond any of our attacking players - even Wilf and Bolasie. Very excited about a potential partnership there.
going to actually disagree with you there. I think the reason Punch played at such a low level for so long was because he lacked a footballing brain. Even when he first signed for us he'd run himself into blind alleys and never really looked up or anticipated. He didn't seem to be aware of how good he was and now he seems to have developed a footballing brain and thats why he's so improved.
Old 17-07-2015, 11:09 AM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateEagle View Post
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but do we know what wages Monsieur Cabaye is on? Just interested.

In terms of the midfield, for me Jedi would be the first to be dropped unless playing against the top teams...otherwise it would be a straight decision, depending on the opposition, between cabaye and punch further forward with mcarthur deeper, or puncheon with both cabaye/ledley and mcarthur deeper.

Mcarthur and Ledley together were the best defensive midfield combo last season imo.
I think either the guardian, or telegraph reported 80,000 per week. Cant remember which source.
But it seems about right
Old 17-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Any thoughts on chants? One of the kids is singing his name to the tune of Hello Goodbye. It works!
Old 17-07-2015, 02:01 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post

Cabaye signing changed us from plucky palace punching above their weight to a side to take note of. The football world map now has us on it. Consolidate that this season and we're one of the big boys. Everton, swansea, perhaps Spurs stuff with another good season. Cabaye was a massive boost to our all important brand and that's the future of football income.
Really?

We make one good signing and we could be one of the "big boys", this is the type of signing most teams are making in the league and most teams have been making them for a few years now, this is our first.

We're still behind Newcastle, West Ham, Villas & Stoke for marketability and depth of squad, even if we finished higher than some of them last year. Let alone knocking on the doors of Everton, Swansea or Spurs.

I'm not saying we'll not get there but one or two top mid table finishes do not make us an established top tier club.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, pride before a fall and all that.
Old 17-07-2015, 02:12 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I see Macarthur and Jedi competing for a DM role, Punch and Cabaye as a creative hub with Lee as back up and Ledley as a utility backup as he can go almost anywhere. If we need two DMs at any time we can do that too
Old 17-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant with mouse gyp View Post
Any thoughts on chants? One of the kids is singing his name to the tune of Hello Goodbye. It works!
An 'allo Cabaye' chant was posted on the original transfer rumour thread.

'I don't know why you say allo I say Cabaye'

Still stuck in my head...
Old 17-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Good to hear! Likewise with the stuck in the head aspect.
Old 17-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Terry Byfield

K*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fearK*O*O*C*H is a gunboat in a sea of fear
puncheon - cabaye - mcarthur

the rat pack
Old 17-07-2015, 07:29 PM

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by K*O*O*C*H View Post
puncheon - cabaye - mcarthur

the rat pack
Mouthwatering prospect. As is Punch, Jedi and Cabaye ... and Punch, Ledley and Cabaye ... Quality!
Old 17-07-2015, 08:26 PM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilko View Post
An 'allo Cabaye' chant was posted on the original transfer rumour thread.

'I don't know why you say allo I say Cabaye'

Still stuck in my head...
Yes that was mine with the second line being

Allo Allo I don't know whey you say Allo we say Cabaye

Not the same as the song but makes more sense than the other way round
Old 17-07-2015, 08:38 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Let's beat some teams before we start assuming we are one of the major players. It's all very exciting though. Outside of the billionaires there isn't one team who have more exciting attacking players. I can't wait tbh.
Old 17-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Top Banana

BUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can he take corners?
Old 17-07-2015, 08:50 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNGLE View Post
Can he take corners?
If you sign for Palace it seems you automaticaly lose the ability to take a good corner.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 17-07-2015, 11:21 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNGLE View Post
Can he take corners?
Apparently a bit suspect.
Old 17-07-2015, 11:41 PM

rudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nicerudis flatop hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
We've got cabaye we've got cabbbbaaayeee
We've got yohan.. We've got yohan cabaye