Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 28-01-2016, 08:48 PM
-=AWM=-™

heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Purely curiousity, but are you planning on getting any artwork done for the book? One of my brothers did some bits for OMP, including the One More Pint eagle, a particular favourite of mine.
Old 29-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow. I assume you're talking about Andy. I've been wondering how to get back in touch with him. Would love to get him involved somehow - just been writing about the T-shirt he designed for us!
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 29-01-2016, 08:03 AM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Beers at HT View Post
Was that Grimsby away? Didn't we leave someone dead to the world in the minibus during the game?

3 beer stops on the way home!!

I vaguely remember that npw you mention it. By rights that should have been me. More beer that day for me than any day of my life. Started with a can of Fosters poured over my cornflakes and ended with Tyson v Bruno (2nd fight.)

BY the time it was over I was the only bloke in the world in a worse state than Bruno!
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 29-01-2016, 03:23 PM

Biscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Wow. I assume you're talking about Andy. I've been wondering how to get back in touch with him. Would love to get him involved somehow - just been writing about the T-shirt he designed for us!
Hello,Chris. Craig is talking about me! He just WhatsApp'd me to say you were on here. I'm looking forward to reading your book, they were such great times!

Andy.
Old 31-01-2016, 11:39 AM

Great to hear from you Andy

Just a word of advice, when you're walking back to Leicester station - keep your scarf covered up!! Ouch!

Do you still put your artistic skills to use?
Old 31-01-2016, 05:59 PM

Biscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not really, Chris. I could still do it though. You don't forget how to draw.

Speaking of Leicester and fanzines, do you remember that I got a mention in Brian Moore's Head for kissing that steward and waving at the Leicester fans? You were so drunk in that pub outside the station that I didn't think we would make it into the ground. And we had to make a pretty quick exit after you'd redecorated one of their cubicles!
Old 01-02-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitboffin View Post
Not really, Chris. I could still do it though. You don't forget how to draw.

Speaking of Leicester and fanzines, do you remember that I got a mention in Brian Moore's Head for kissing that steward and waving at the Leicester fans? You were so drunk in that pub outside the station that I didn't think we would make it into the ground. And we had to make a pretty quick exit after you'd redecorated one of their cubicles!
You got in BMH? Kissed a steward? Waved at Leicester fans?

I was obviously more drunk than I thought. Don't remember any of that.

To be fair in researching this book I've found out the truth of why I got quite so wasted i.e. my drinks were spiked and the landlord thought it was hilarious.....until I threw up everywhere and he barred me from the pub.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:26 PM

Chris, I know some of the FYP boys. Mentioned about your book to one of them earlier and he hadn't heard about it. Any plans to use something from them? I can put you in touch if you're not already.
Old 28-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How's this progressing?

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 23-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
How's this progressing?
been a while since this thread's been touched, just wondered how everything is developing with this?

davemorris04 doesn't take getting things wrong very well. A feeble excuse of a Palace fan ...chin up
Old 22-01-2018, 10:29 AM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Morning all

I thought there was a thread somewhere about Eagle Eye, but I can't find it, then came across this one (which I must have a read through when I get a minute). Hi Cris!

For people with an interest in fanzines, we've just launched an Eagle Eye blog written by members of the old editorial team. Having mostly stopped EE for family and work reasons we've now come out the other end and have a little more time available. As most of us waffle on via Whatsapp these days, we thought it would be nice to have something a bit more expansive.

We only launched it yesterday and are still trying to get to grips with how it all works, but there's a couple of bits live now... you can see it at To view the link you have to Register or Login (note only one e in the middle of 'eagleye', which we didn't notice until too late and might be a critical mistake, but we'll see... wouldn't be us if it wasn't stupidly shambolic).

Launched with a 4-1 defeat at the Arse... feels like we've never been away. Hope you like it, let us know what you think.