Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-08-2015, 02:37 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Joel Ward

I love him, but he had a crap game today and hasn't been the same since promotion. This isn't a "drop Joel Ward" thread, but (in my opinion) he is making quite a few mistakes.

Discuss.
Old 16-08-2015, 02:41 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
The left back role seems so slowly ruined his confidence, seems to lost nearly all ability to control a football, last season it was just on the ball that suffered but now it seems to affect his defensive game as well, I'm a big Marriappa fan but that's a big call.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 16-08-2015, 02:42 PM

Bounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bad day at the office today , but a nice goal wardy
Old 16-08-2015, 02:45 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce back View Post
Bad day at the office today , but a nice goal wardy
True, was a great finish.
Old 16-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Personally I just don't think he's good enough against the smaller, more mobile forwards. Doesn't explain his getting beaten to a cross by a midget, but I've long said his lack of agility is his achilles heel - and the better managers/teams know how to exploit that.

In terms of the quality needed to finish higher than last season, Dann and Pape are up to it - Delaney and Ward are not IMO.
Old 16-08-2015, 02:47 PM

colinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farcolinT stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Every goal today had his name on it. Not a good day from our normally Mr 100%
Old 16-08-2015, 02:47 PM

Young Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why didn't he jump to try and head the ball for the 2nd goal? Awful defending
What a great signing for Palace, one of their best ever (if not the best). World-class player. Just shows once again how timing is everything and how financial fate can hinge on a key moment or two...one shit home play-off performance, Zaha wakes up after five months sleep-walking, Speroni finger-tip save onto the bar. That night changed the respective fortunes of the two clubs for a good few years, but we all suspected that even at the time.
Old 16-08-2015, 02:48 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-er View Post
Personally I just don't think he's good enough against the smaller, more mobile forwards. Doesn't explain his getting beaten to a cross by a midget, but I've long said his lack of agility is his achilles heel - and the better managers/teams know how to exploit that.

In terms of the quality needed to finish higher than last season, Dann and Pape are up to it - Delaney and Ward are not IMO.
He used to excellent against small quick wingers, I remember his owning hazard at the bridge 2 seasons agon, maybe he has built himself up too much?

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 16-08-2015, 02:50 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd drop him for villa. Mariapia should start. Apart from the goal he had a nightmare. Perhaps it will kick him up the arse a bit.
Old 16-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Banned by Moderators

yohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Could have had another goal too.
Old 16-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He used to excellent against small quick wingers, I remember his owning hazard at the bridge 2 seasons agon, maybe he has built himself up too much?
I think the first season (and the tactics Pulis employed) played to his strengths. We sat so deep it was very difficult for opponents to find any space behind us, if you watched he would get very tight to the forward and stop them turning - or face them up and show them where he wanted them to go, which he's good at (and it's easier if you have your winger helping out). He's got less support now we're playing further up the pitch and it leaves him exposed - especially against teams like Arsenal that play a quick pass-and-move game.
Old 16-08-2015, 03:11 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He will know this wasn't one of his better games, but we need to put things into perspective. It is early in the season when reactions are not quite as sharp, also this is a Top team who know how to move the ball around cleverly and catch defenders flat footed, but yes for some unknown reason he failed to jump and got caught out.
However, to even suggest he should be dropped is very premature, he is a wholehearted player who will know in games coming up will need to do better, and he will.
More importantly why was Jedinak left out in a game crying out for his midfield craft to stem Arsenal's silky passing and movement, and Bolasie brought in instead when clearly not ready to start.
Old 16-08-2015, 03:20 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has been poor since pulis left which is odd.

Was our stand out player under pulis.
Old 16-08-2015, 03:24 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilem View Post
Has been poor since pulis left which is odd.

Was our stand out player under pulis.
I agree, our season after promotion I think he had a great year (second half at least)

@RisZero
Old 16-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Face on every time when closing. Top players will turn you inside and out.
Old 16-08-2015, 03:37 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Face on every time when closing. Top players will turn you inside and out.
I only viewed this thread because I noticed that you had made a contribution---one of the very few who's opinion I respect.
Old 16-08-2015, 03:38 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
He used to be undroppable but he simply isn't anymore. IMO, if Ward doesn't improve and soon, he can't continue to be regarded as a sacred cow and should make way for Mariappa or Kelly. I've always felt very secure with Mariappa playing and that his link up play down the flanks with Puncheon was the standout pairing under P*lis.
Old 16-08-2015, 03:39 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really wouldn't mind seeing Mariappa back in the team. Was pleased he was on the bench today for once
Old 16-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Would also like to see Mariappa given a shot next week. His pace would be a good match for Sinclair's.

Still think Joel's a good player, just a. not the international some hyped him up as and b. clearly lacking early season fitness more than most.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 16-08-2015, 03:42 PM
South Londons No1

Godstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Should never ever be out jumped by Alexis Sanchez for the second goal, criminal defending..gave the ball away for first goal too and got away with one just before..shame as he scored a great goal but defensively he was awful today but I'm sure he'll come good