Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 27-11-2015, 10:12 PM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chris Eubank paradox

Just watching him now on IACGMOOH (sorry) and I'm fascinated by the bloke

I know he's generally regarded as a bit of a tosser but I have always liked him

I just don't know how someone can get into the ring and go toe to toe with Nigel Benn at his best (and beat him) but also come across as such a sensitive soul.

I know he's said he was bullied by his older brothers which probably accounts for a lot of this but He would be top of my guest list. Just seems like a nice man.
Old 27-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Just watching him now on IACGMOOH (sorry) and I'm fascinated by the bloke

I know he's generally regarded as a bit of a tosser but I have always liked him

I just don't know how someone can get into the ring and go toe to toe with Nigel Benn at his best (and beat him)but also come across as such a sensitive soul.

I know he's said he was bullied by his older brothers which probably accounts for a lot of this but He would be top of my guest list. Just seems like a nice man.
Google Steve Collins
Old 27-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBreaking rocks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tbf, he's was always the showman, one of life's eccentrics. And anyone who earns their living being punched in the head deserves respect.

Pre fight, Steve Collins preyed upon Eubanks 'strangeness' by convincing him that he (Collins) had been hypnotised to feel no pain.
It definitely had the intended effect and totally psyched Eubank out, he even tried to get the fight called off, fearing he would be fighting a 'terminator' type boxer that could only be stopped by killing him.
Personally, I believe that Chris Eubank never fully recovered, mentally, from the tragic Watson fight.

I also vaguely remember that he didn't come out too well following a documentary about him and his, then very young, children which, perhaps, accounts for his guilt ridden comments on the show?
Old 28-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
His book is a great read, he "adopted" a tramp and made him his butler.

Some scroat broke into his much fabled truck & stole his bonbon sweets, he was furious about it!

Much underated as a fighter, went up to Cruiserweight late on and had two wars with Carl Thompson and gave a young Joe Calzaghe one of his sternest tests.

The first Benn fight was 25 years ago now, those two will go down as greats, in a era that will forever be etched in the era.

One the downside, I always thought they treat Ronnie Davies with disdain.

An interest footnote of course. Jnr is facing Spike O'Sullivan in a tidy scrap on December 12th, Collins will be in the Irishman's corner.
Old 29-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen is offline
Jedi's Beard also.....

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

he's said he was bullied by his older brothers which probably accounts for a lot .
what doesn't kill you will make you stronger
Old 29-11-2015, 07:40 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I never really liked his personality while he was boxing (him being based in Brighton was a factor if I'm honest) but you had to admire his courage as a fighter. Warmed to him after retirement. There was that awful incident when he lost control of his car in roadworks and ended up killing one of the poor labourers, seemed like he got away with a light punishment from that to be honest but it has clearly affected and troubled him over the years so maybe he has suffered enough.

I don't watch I'm A Celebrity but I saw the 'will you take my counsel' clip and found it strangely heartwarming.
Old 29-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I never really liked his personality while he was boxing (him being based in Brighton was a factor if I'm honest) but you had to admire his courage as a fighter. Warmed to him after retirement. There was that awful incident when he lost control of his car in roadworks and ended up killing one of the poor labourers, seemed like he got away with a light punishment from that to be honest but it has clearly affected and troubled him over the years so maybe he has suffered enough.

I don't watch I'm A Celebrity but I saw the 'will you take my counsel' clip and found it strangely heartwarming.
Yes, I had forgotten about the accident. Seem to recall a suggestion that he was changing a cd. Whether or not that was true, or just paper talk, I don't know.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
I am fond of Eubank. One of life's human curiousities, I mean who else could wear a shell, as a monocle, in the jungle?
Old 10-12-2015, 06:03 AM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wondered what that was, thought he'd got some nasty disease @ first. Defies all logic like you say but friendly & honest. His idea of a joke no doubt....maybe doesn't remember that 'shell-like' means 'ear' though?
Old 10-12-2015, 06:34 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
This is great

Old 11-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
This is great

LOL, never knew that! He's a bit of a plonker as is his son but you need characters in life. Pleased to hear he is still remorseful for the terrible death he caused.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 11-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
'The fella who I knock out in about 20 seconds, including the count... It was a pleasure'
Old 12-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
On the tellybox now- Jnr fighting, Snr at ringside.
Old 25-01-2016, 04:44 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I met him once, in a friend's kitchen (their kids went to school together.) Just about crushed every bone in my hand when I shook his. He told me he was writing a book about quotations and spending time thinking them up. I know I should have just nodded, but instead felt the need to point out that you can't just make quotations up, someone usually has to say them in order for them to be quotations. I didn't shake his hand again in case of further collateral damage.
Old 25-01-2016, 05:57 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I met him around 10 years when I was boxing on a white collar charity event in a hotel. There were no cameras or media there and apparently he paid to come in just to watch complete with jodhpurs and monacle. He came into the backstage area where the boxers were milling about and spoke to pretty much every one of us. We had a really nice little chat, he gave me some tips after asking me to throw a few punches towards him and genuinely seemed pleased to be able to help.
Old 14-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
I met him around 10 years when I was boxing on a white collar charity event in a hotel. There were no cameras or media there and apparently he paid to come in just to watch complete with jodhpurs and monacle. He came into the backstage area where the boxers were milling about and spoke to pretty much every one of us. We had a really nice little chat, he gave me some tips after asking me to throw a few punches towards him and genuinely seemed pleased to be able to help.
Very discriminatory of them to charge people money if they want to wear jodhpurs and a monacle.

I only saw him once in person, in 'the lanes' in Brighton. After harassing the local population in the streets for about an hour in a Range Rover with the loudest sound system I've ever heard, he reappeared later at a Pizza Express where me and my girlfriend were eating.

He stood in the doorway for a full two minutes (resplendent in his riding gear and monacle of course) looking left and right, chest puffed out as he soaked up our universal admiration and awe.

Although I always wanted Benn to thrash him, I've always found Eubank interesting and amusing.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:09 AM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking rocks View Post
Google Steve Collins
Old 04-02-2017, 10:20 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen View Post
what doesn't kill you will make you stronger
What about polio?
Old 04-02-2017, 10:55 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Met him once on a night out with my ex in the Grand Hotel in Brighton. Every time I went to the toilet he was trying it on with her. He kept trying to get her to go upstairs to his room. She was begging me not to leave her alone with him.

Also, people kept giving him money for Nichael Watson. He must of collected over 200 in the couple of hours we were in there. Made me wonder how much money he must of been given for Watson over the years & what he's done with it?