Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 14-03-2016, 10:03 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
It's definitely not. It's over 3,000.
yeah, Roundhouse is an amazing venue not the biggest but about 3k sounds right. lots of seats, great shape too.
Old 15-03-2016, 03:10 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I found one thing online that said capacity was 1700 and another that said 3000. Either way, getting a ticket is going to be a lottery. I'm at an event on Friday morning, so not sure whether I'm going to try and take a laptop and hope for good wifi or delegate responsibility to someone at work
Old 15-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
72 quid a ticket I read somewhere.
Old 15-03-2016, 07:24 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
72 quid a ticket I read somewhere.
Ouch. That is a bit steep.
Old 15-03-2016, 07:49 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its 5000
Old 16-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
anyone in the presale queue?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
boom! tickets for the saturday
Old 16-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Eep! Woot!

presale sold out now
Old 16-03-2016, 10:51 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was trying for the Thursday night, all the tickets had gone by 10.20, my friend is going to try in the normal sale on Friday but doubt I'll be going - to tell the truth I'm not THAT bothered, I think charging 150.00 for 2 tickets is taking the piss, I don't want Thom Yorke quoting Naomi Klein and the like and moaning about the Tory government, then charging those sorts of prices.
Old 16-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Eep! Woot!

yeah, it is expensive. But I'd rather pay that and see them in the Roundhouse, than pay 40 to see them in the distance at the 02 or somewhere like that.
Old 16-03-2016, 11:10 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
yeah, it is expensive. But I'd rather pay that and see them in the Roundhouse, than pay 40 to see them in the distance at the 02 or somewhere like that.
Fair point. Still seems way too much to me though, I've not known another band charge that much for a gig at that sort of venue.
Old 16-03-2016, 11:20 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Most bands are now charging that price for Hyde Park if they play there.

Got through on the presale and as I put my details it came up with a 404 error. Wounded.
Old 16-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Eep! Woot!

That's a good point. Although you'd probably get better support bands at hyde park, the sound is craptacular.

at 404 error
Old 16-03-2016, 12:18 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep. I'd much rather pay 65 sheets to see Radiohead in Roundhouse with no support as opposed to see them at Hyde Park just because the support MIGHT be better.
Old 16-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Eep! Woot!

anyways, in order to rank the albums, today I have listened to
KoL, Pablo Honey, In Rainbows, The Bends, OK computer and Amnesiac.
For some reason, I only have two songs of Kid A on my phone, and I didn't feel like Hail to the Thief.

Based on today's listens, Pablo Honey is the weakest of the bunch, though not as bad as I thought it would be. The Bends however has suffered a bit over time, and isn't as strong as I remember it. Nothing on KoL really leapt out at me, and I have enjoyed In Rainbows, Amnesiac and Ok Computer.

Listening to the later albums, with no expectation that they should sound like the earlier stuff, has given me better perspective on them, and I definitely liked them more now, than I did when they were released.
Old 18-03-2016, 10:42 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nigh on impossible this morning. Also tried Paris and Amsterdam to no avail.

Pre-sale was the way to go, dropped a bollock! Oh well, will have to keep an eye on any resale!
Old 18-03-2016, 02:44 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
boom! tickets for the saturday
You are one lucky ******. Had 11 people trying for me including myself. Nothing

This song suddenly has so much more meaning

Last edited by greybot; 18-03-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 18-03-2016, 08:30 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Tickets being sold now for 1200!
Massive cock up all round apparently.
Old 22-03-2016, 10:44 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm not a huge fan, but I got to see them when they played the Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2003 . First time I'd seen them live. Very impressed.
A very good friend of mine works for them, so might get to go to the Roundhouse which is around the corner from us. Nice.

For those of you that are partial, this was the set list that night:

There There
2 + 2 = 5
The National Anthem
Lucky
A Punch Up at a Wedding
Go to Sleep
Kid A
Myxomatosis
Backdrifts
Sail to the Moon
Sit Down. Stand Up.
No Surprises
Talk Show Host
Where I End and You Begin
Paranoid Android
Idioteque
Everything in Its Right Place

Encore:
I Might Be Wrong
The Gloaming
Like Spinning Plates

Encore 2:
Pyramid Song
Karma Police

Encore 3:
True Love Waits
Old 22-03-2016, 10:50 PM

That's one hell of a set! Had HTTT on in the van today. Played Backdrifts 3 times in a row. Forgot just how good it was. I think they are one of those band that do that. Timeless.