Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-03-2016, 04:23 AM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bloody amazing set list and to finish on True love waits. Beautiful.

Seen them 4 times myself.

Warrington
South Park Oxford
Blackpool Empress Ballroom
Glastonbury 2003
Old 23-03-2016, 06:29 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That whole HTTF tour was brilliant. I'm also pretty certain that SBE gig was filmed for MTV and I have the video somewhere on a hard drive.
Old 23-03-2016, 06:30 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it's 7 times for me.
Old 23-03-2016, 07:59 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trist View Post
Bloody amazing set list and to finish on True love waits. Beautiful.

Seen them 4 times myself.

Warrington
South Park Oxford
Blackpool Empress Ballroom
Glastonbury 2003
Did they ever release a studio version of that? Love the live version, but never seen a studio one.

Only seen them once at Victoria Park unfortunately. Got to see Thom at The Big Chill Festival. He was brilliant, sounds rubbish on the YouTube footage though.
Old 23-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I'm not a huge fan, but I got to see them when they played the Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2003 . First time I'd seen them live. Very impressed.
A very good friend of mine works for them, so might get to go to the Roundhouse which is around the corner from us. Nice.
Can he get me a ticket too? Cheers

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 23-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Glastonbury 97 (simply amazin), one of the V festivals (was v wasted, remember them playing Creep though) & Victoria park (appalling setlist. one day they played all the hits, the day I went on, they played all the b sides)

So don't think I've ever seen them inside.

oh hang on.....

Didn't we meet for the first time after a Radiohead gig Tomo?
That was Hammersmith I think, so I have seen them inside.
Old 23-03-2016, 09:47 AM

Yeah, Hammersmith Apollo just before they released In Rainbows. I thought it was at Earls Court when we met but Hammersmith makes more sense actually.
The night I went to Victoria Park was brilliant.

I’ve done:
Earls Court (was recorded live for XFM and I still listen to it regularly).
Hammersmith
The O2
Victoria Park

Then 3 festivals.

Was meant to see them in Berlin but it got cancelled when there stage collapsed in Italy a week before.

Also saw Atoms For Peace at Roundhouse.

Absolutely gutted it looks like I’m missing them this time round.
Old 23-03-2016, 10:37 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So I tried and failed dismally to get tickets for the Roundhouse.

Instead what I have done with a mate – possibly others to follow – is book a Sunday pass to Lollapaloza in Berlin where they are headlining. That cost 79 Euros. Flights from Gatwick to Berlin return leaving Saturday afternoon back Monday morning were £65.

Throw in a cheap hostel and you are looking at 2 nights in Berlin with a Radiohead gig thrown in for c.£150. Considering that the Roundhouse alone was £75, that ain’t bad!
Old 23-03-2016, 10:50 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
So I tried and failed dismally to get tickets for the Roundhouse.

Instead what I have done with a mate – possibly others to follow – is book a Sunday pass to Lollapaloza in Berlin where they are headlining. That cost 79 Euros. Flights from Gatwick to Berlin return leaving Saturday afternoon back Monday morning were £65.

Throw in a cheap hostel and you are looking at 2 nights in Berlin with a Radiohead gig thrown in for c.£150. Considering that the Roundhouse alone was £75, that ain’t bad!
Incredible value. Where there's a will, there's a way...
Old 23-03-2016, 11:56 AM

I’ve done it a few times for gigs now.
AirBnB is the way to go!

Berlin is also a dirt cheap city for boozing.
Old 23-03-2016, 01:32 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've done

Earls Court
Victoria Park
Reading Festival
O2

I wonder what tickets will be floating about for off the touts on the night.
Old 23-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
I've done

Earls Court
Victoria Park
Reading Festival
O2

I wonder what tickets will be floating about for off the touts on the night.
oh yeah Reading too, we were at the same one.
So that's at least 5 times for me, and possibly saw them support REM in the mid 90s but I can't really remember
Old 23-03-2016, 02:13 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I’ve done it a few times for gigs now.
AirBnB is the way to go!

Berlin is also a dirt cheap city for boozing.
Amen to this a most excellent place cheap accom/ booze and most other things you can think of and a few you can't.

SaulAlinsky
Old 03-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Slimy member

Conger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Something is afoot... the bands website (To view the link you have to Register or Login) has changed its front page... nothing else yet though!
Old 03-05-2016, 08:23 AM

The whole build up seems similar to HTTF
Old 03-05-2016, 11:21 AM

new video teaser on their site/instagram now
Old 03-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Wondered if they'd go down an orchestral route what with JG's soundtracks and that one they recorded in the church for the veterans. Just ******* release it now please, can't wait.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A mate of mine at work came in today to say he's sorted himself a ticket for the roundhouse show followed by some backstage action. A good friend of his got him the ticket ,he is going to travel up with her but has to sit through a few hours of watching her band rehearse before they head off.

His friend btw....... PJ Harvey.

Yes I'm jealous !
Old 03-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Thinking outside the box.

Jedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJedi's Barnet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You're telling tales Oxted Eagle.

I can't believe a thread about radiohead has reached four pages.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:10 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi's Barnet View Post
I can't believe a thread about radiohead has reached four pages.
Why?