Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sky Q

Sky have launched a new service called Sky Q which is 4k ready (4k arriving 2016) There are some other new features too:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Anyone else tempted?
Old 09-02-2016, 11:06 PM

ellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nope. Nothing original in there at all really. Netflix and Amazon already have 4K as does Bt sport. Who needs to record 4 things at once? Demand now means you don't need to record anything. Sounds like Sky's playing catchup and not being original to me.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:19 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellioteagle1 View Post
Nope. Nothing original in there at all really. Netflix and Amazon already have 4K as does Bt sport. Who needs to record 4 things at once? Demand now means you don't need to record anything. Sounds like Sky's playing catchup and not being original to me.
Most critics seem to disagree with you.

We often have programs clash so an extra tuner is definitely handy. 4 never hurt anyone. I don't always want to remember to have to download from on demand.

I'm tempted by the ability to view your recorded programs anywhere on your tablet etc. Nice touch.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I haven't paid for sky for years but I must admit this will probably tempt me in the future when I do renovations to the house.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
other than installation fee, it'd only cost me 1.50 a month more than currently.

though may only be available for Sky broadband folk at the moment, just finding out
Old 10-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
other than installation fee, it'd only cost me 1.50 a month more than currently.

though may only be available for Sky broadband folk at the moment, just finding out
Same for me, which is what makes it so tempting. Downside is you're signed up for 18 months and I know I am already paying over the odds.

Last edited by Phil's Barber; 10-02-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I read that they need to swap something over on the dish, mine is really hard to get to, so would probably get charged extra for that.

couldn't get through to the sky chat people, so still don't know if available for BT broadband
Old 10-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Alright? Not half!

Quote:
I read that they need to swap something over on the dish, mine is really hard to get to, so would probably get charged extra for that.

couldn't get through to the sky chat people, so still don't know if available for BT broadband
Looks like non-Sky broadband subscribers cannot sign up straight away and some confusion about how long until they can. Some saying a week but some saying never.

Forums here:To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

The lnb on the sky dish will need to be changed to add the extra tuners.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
if they could move my content from existing box to the new one they'd have a sale....
Old 12-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Eep! Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil's Barber View Post
Looks like non-Sky broadband subscribers cannot sign up straight away and some confusion about how long until they can. Some saying a week but some saying never.

Forums here:To view the link you have to Register or Login
I doubt it'd be never, Sky Q isn't that groundbreaking
Old 12-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Will it make American comedies any funnier ?

Last edited by chrisophiex; 12-02-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Alright? Not half!

Quote:
I doubt it'd be never, Sky Q isn't that groundbreaking
Agree. Looking like early March from their forums.

My dish is up on my chimney, anyone know if they will charge more to go up there?

EDIT: Bitten the bullet and signed up.

Last edited by Phil's Barber; 12-02-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Old 13-02-2016, 09:51 AM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have had the training already and although it's pretty cool, it offers nothing more than a new menu and wireless multi room boxes. It's like an Xbox one when it first came out. Great bit of kit but no games for it. Once the apps are developed I'm sure it will be good. Saying all that I am still on the waiting let to get it installed ��
Old 13-02-2016, 09:52 AM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Going to a dish on a chimney is no extra cost
Old 13-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
We have 2 boxes and often find 4 things recording at peak times and so 4 recording is good. I think.... . You can also watch 3 different live channels on TV s around the house and even more on tablets etc which should cater for most people. This should mean we can replace our 2 boxes with the silver Q and a mini.downgrades our storage from 3tb to 2tb but should be OK until 4I content I guess.

Bad thing re storage is you can only have one box and can't combine old and new systems and so 2to/4k.might be challenging for some.

What I struggle with is they expect us to pay another 12 min on average for incremental features that I can now get elsewhere (from a distance at least. I just wonder if they have failed to understand the market situation and may find they market 4k only for others to benefit due to pricing. They have always been arrogant but mostly right. Not sure this time???
Old 13-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Banned by Moderators

New Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is the cost of this on top of your current channels and boxes?
Old 13-02-2016, 01:24 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Its Sky so you are all tossers for even thinking of giving them your cash.
Old 13-02-2016, 01:51 PM

Even though you are getting less storage space, the q silver compresses recordings better. What would be a 10% download on the current box will be 2% on the silver. There are 11 streams through the box so potentially you could get more recordings in the future.

Also because the boxes have built in power lines, you can plug an Ethernet from your sky box to a Xbox or ps to get high speed broadband
Old 13-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ground View Post
Is the cost of this on top of your current channels and boxes?
They 'estimate' that most current subscribers would pay 12 per month more than their current subscription. So it would depend on what you already have. No idea of the detail. You can't use your old boxes alongside your new ones though.

Not heard about that compression difference. Sounds odd but encouraging if true. The big kicker will be 4k recordings though which I would have thought would be significantly larger - hence needing that compression.