Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 13-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Its Sky so you are all tossers for even thinking of giving them your cash.
This is true.
Old 13-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Banned by Moderators

New Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew Ground : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
They 'estimate' that most current subscribers would pay £12 per month more than their current subscription. So it would depend on what you already have. No idea of the detail. You can't use your old boxes alongside your new ones though.

Not heard about that compression difference. Sounds odd but encouraging if true. The big kicker will be 4k recordings though which I would have thought would be significantly larger - hence needing that compression.
Thanks for the reply.

I won't be paying SKY a penny more. The have already put prices up sharply, no doubt to pay for the outrageously expensive Premier League contract.
Old 13-02-2016, 05:51 PM

kevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekevb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
So true
Old 04-03-2016, 11:36 AM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone got it yet?
Old 04-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

What I struggle with is they expect us to pay another £12 min on average for incremental features that I can now get elsewhere
As I said, it's only £1.50 for me, so I'm fine with that, considering the new technology & features
Old 04-03-2016, 12:37 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
As I said, it's only £1.50 for me, so I'm fine with that, considering the new technology & features
That's good news for you. If you don't mind - can you detail what service you have now? i.e. 1 box, 2 box, Multiroom, and so on.

We (stupidly I think) have had pretty much everything you can get including 2 boxes, multiroom. I think the only thing we dont have is the asian package.

Don't ask me why we still do it.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is my entirely reasonable monthly expenditure

Sky Multiscreen£11.25
Sky Go Extra - including discounts FREE
Variety with Sports & Movies HD£75.75
Free items
Sky+ Subscription
Sky 3D
Total £87.00

maybe the average customer doesn't have multiroom?
Then it would be about £12 more
Old 04-03-2016, 12:42 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
How much more detail do you need to see in a nipple ?
Old 04-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
Anyone got it yet?
Had it installed on Monday.

Still getting used to the new menu structure. Like that I can pause live TV and then just pick it up in another room or on a tablet. Much improved wifi around my house and garden now. SkyQ app is really good too. Lots of other nice features.

Not too keen on the new touch remote but will get used to it. They give you one with normal buttons too so I think they realised some people wouldn't get on with it. Some other niggles like the home button taking you to "Top Picks" rather than the TV guide. Blue Q lamp on the front of the box is too bright. Hopefully fixed with firmware updates. Still learning...

Last edited by Phil's Barber; 04-03-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:22 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

SaulAlinsky
Old 04-03-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
This is my entirely reasonable monthly expenditure

Sky Multiscreen£11.25
Sky Go Extra - including discounts FREE
Variety with Sports & Movies HD£75.75
Free items
Sky+ Subscription
Sky 3D
Total £87.00

maybe the average customer doesn't have multiroom?
Then it would be about £12 more
OK I think I have exactly the same 'reasonable expenditure' and so would expect the same increase which isn't too bad in terms of an increase. So good news.

I still think they have a problem going forward. Anyone looking to save cash or a new starter can find far cheaper options and now increasingly attractive content.

So why do I stay? No good reasons for me to be proud of TBH - Inertia mostly, cba to check with everyone in the house that the alternates will definitely work (freeview/sat, amazon, Netflix, BT etc) and I don't have an immediate budget problem.

I have come close to moving when I contact them for help or support and even more so when say I wanted to upgrade to a bigger box. A new customer can waltz in and get one subsidised but a customer of somewhere between 27-30 years who has paid them something close to £20k (I think) gets the brush off being told that I have had a subsidised box already. I am spitting feathers now thinking about it TBH.

I have tried super nice, firm but professional right through to raging bull. I am told if I cancel they will approach me soon after with an offer but that just makes it worse to me. i.e. they take the existing base for a ride as long as they can and only respond when you walk away.

Don't get me wrong - I can't say I have ever liked them as a company but they have in the past been premium priced but offered a deep content, high quality product - you get what you pay for. That edge is disappearing but the pricing hasn't reflected that or the competition.

Sorry I am ranting I know - they do p*** me off these days. I suspect for £1.50 inertia will kick in and I will do the deed. Let me know what you think of it when you get it if you don't mind. I would be interested to know.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Eep! Woot!

I often look around at other providers, but Sky wisely doesn't let them have Sky Atlantic.

As I'm not a criminal, piracy doesn't appeal to me, so the only way to get the things I want is to stay with Sky.

Anyways, I need to wait till they open it up to other broadband providers.

Also I have to make sure I'll be able to replace the kids things we've got permanently saved on our existing boxes. I can't imagine the reaction if I told my youngest that she couldn't watch the Gruffalo because Daddy wanted a new silver box.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I often look around at other providers, but Sky wisely doesn't let them have Sky Atlantic.

As I'm not a criminal, piracy doesn't appeal to me, so the only way to get the things I want is to stay with Sky.

Also I have to make sure I'll be able to replace the kids things we've got permanently saved on our existing boxes. I can't imagine the reaction if I told my youngest that she couldn't watch the Gruffalo because Daddy wanted a new silver box.
I agree re the first bit but increasingly those same programmes are becoming available elsewhere (Apple/Amazon/Netflix) as boxsets etc. Having just moved back from a spell living in the US the Atlantic channel was pretty awesome for us but it is all feeling a bit the same lately with very few top series emerging. Since childhood I have been a superhero fan but even I am getting bored with how many things involve someone with superpowers. All my favourite series lately have been drama series from the BBC/ITV.

Anyway - good luck with it. I will post up if I get there first

P.S. I hadn't even thought about the stuff you have collected problem - You would hope they have a way to transfer this but I don't know. ONce they admit to that they probably have other issues.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:

Do you have Amazon Prime? All Gruffalo stuff and loads of kids stuff on there for free.

(This post in no way changes my opinion that all of you paying Sky deserve to go to hell ).
Old 04-03-2016, 03:29 PM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil's Barber View Post
Had it installed on Monday.

Still getting used to the new menu structure. Like that I can pause live TV and then just pick it up in another room or on a tablet. Much improved wifi around my house and garden now. SkyQ app is really good too. Lots of other nice features.

Not too keen on the new touch remote but will get used to it. They give you one with normal buttons too so I think they realised some people wouldn't get on with it. Some other niggles like the home button taking you to "Top Picks" rather than the TV guide. Blue Q lamp on the front of the box is too bright. Hopefully fixed with firmware updates. Still learning...
I still struggle with the remote. If you press 4 and 6 together at the same time, it turns off the touch pad and turns them into normal buttons
Old 04-03-2016, 03:35 PM

Ryan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
OK I think I have exactly the same 'reasonable expenditure' and so would expect the same increase which isn't too bad in terms of an increase. So good news.

I still think they have a problem going forward. Anyone looking to save cash or a new starter can find far cheaper options and now increasingly attractive content.

So why do I stay? No good reasons for me to be proud of TBH - Inertia mostly, cba to check with everyone in the house that the alternates will definitely work (freeview/sat, amazon, Netflix, BT etc) and I don't have an immediate budget problem.

I have come close to moving when I contact them for help or support and even more so when say I wanted to upgrade to a bigger box. A new customer can waltz in and get one subsidised but a customer of somewhere between 27-30 years who has paid them something close to £20k (I think) gets the brush off being told that I have had a subsidised box already. I am spitting feathers now thinking about it TBH.

I have tried super nice, firm but professional right through to raging bull. I am told if I cancel they will approach me soon after with an offer but that just makes it worse to me. i.e. they take the existing base for a ride as long as they can and only respond when you walk away.

Don't get me wrong - I can't say I have ever liked them as a company but they have in the past been premium priced but offered a deep content, high quality product - you get what you pay for. That edge is disappearing but the pricing hasn't reflected that or the competition.

Sorry I am ranting I know - they do p*** me off these days. I suspect for £1.50 inertia will kick in and I will do the deed. Let me know what you think of it when you get it if you don't mind. I would be interested to know.
Since I left sky last August I have been getting emails asking me to come back at 60% off for a year. The first month of leaving they offered me a free HD box too. I bet if you actually left when this sky q thing came out they would probably give you the box and money off.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
Since I left sky last August I have been getting emails asking me to come back at 60% off for a year. The first month of leaving they offered me a free HD box too. I bet if you actually left when this sky q thing came out they would probably give you the box and money off.
I suspect this is good advice. just think that once I get around to leaving that I will be done. TBH they ought to ****** offer me the box for free anyway. Jeez!
Old 04-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Eep! Woot!

a year or two ago I rang them up to cancel as I said I was moving to Virgin.
I had all the virgin prices with me, so they must have thought I was serious, and they gave me a discount for a year or so.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:37 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
a year or two ago I rang them up to cancel as I said I was moving to Virgin.
I had all the virgin prices with me, so they must have thought I was serious, and they gave me a discount for a year or so.
I pay the same as you to sky,I have often wondered what they would offer me if I said I'm gonna cancel.....knowing my luck they would say OK bye🙋
Old 04-03-2016, 05:47 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I rang about 3 months ago to cancel, simply saying I couldn't afford it any longer. The person I spoke to offered me 10% for 6 months initially, but when I said it wasn't enough, she then upped it to 33% for a calender year which I accepted.