Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:58 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
87 quid a month to watch telly? Really? Mugs.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgrande View Post
I pay the same as you to sky,I have often wondered what they would offer me if I said I'm gonna cancel.....knowing my luck they would say OK bye��
They did me when I had a faulty box, I went to Virgin and it was cheaper for 6 months. I hate TiVo on Virgin. Then Sky offered me 50% off for 1 year to come back which I did and that has now expired and now Virgin are offering me 50% for 6 months to go back to them. Think I might do it again.
Old 22-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well I've ordered this now, not being installed till next month, but it'll give us time to try & watch everything on our existing boxes.

they waived the setup fee as I'm a long term subscriber, which was nice
Old 22-03-2016, 02:10 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got Sky Plus installed in the new house last weekend and the engineer said it wasn't worth it in the slightest. He would get it for free (but have to pay for installation???) but isn't interested.
Old 22-03-2016, 02:11 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On another note, who's seen the new Star Wars remotes for Sky? I'm tempted!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
Got Sky Plus installed in the new house last weekend and the engineer said it wasn't worth it in the slightest. He would get it for free (but have to pay for installation???) but isn't interested.
that disagrees with every review out there, perhaps he doesn't like watching telly.
Old 22-03-2016, 02:37 PM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't think it is worth it yet. The only difference is that the extra boxes are wireless and the fluid viewing. I'm an engineer and wouldn't recommend it to anyone that already has multi room boxes cabled in their house. Also there are so many annoying things that need ironing out.

No reminders, no favourite channels, minimum 5 clicks to get to TVs guide, mini guide channels go wrong direction (imo), source button doesn't work on lg TVs
Old 22-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have had it since launch day and there are some differences. None bother me other than it being a little difficult geting to the TV guide. Took a while to get used to it but find it quite intuitive now. The new features are great too. My biggest bug bear is that my sky mini box keeps disconnecting from the silver even with a wifi booster midway between them. Need to faf with it.
Old 22-03-2016, 07:51 PM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does it disconnect while viewing or when you first turn it on? If it is when you first turn it on, make sure that the standby settings are set to active and not Eco.
Old 22-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No its during viewing. Thanks.
Old 23-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Eep! Woot!

that's annoying, we currently have connection issues with the tv furthest from our sky box, and I was hoping the mini would fix that!
Old 23-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is also a problem for my dad/brother. Wifi reach is fine, but the mini box has a tendency to just randomly lose its connection.

The lack of a quick guide (or the lack of it appearing when you press the up/down button (or swipe up/down) on the remote) is my biggest frustration. You have to press the i button and then use the up/down controls.
Old 23-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Eep! Woot!

The TV guide seems to be a common issue, maybe they'll patch it
Old 23-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
This is also a problem for my dad/brother. Wifi reach is fine, but the mini box has a tendency to just randomly lose its connection.

The lack of a quick guide (or the lack of it appearing when you press the up/down button (or swipe up/down) on the remote) is my biggest frustration. You have to press the i button and then use the up/down controls.
Is there an option to connect the mini box by wire or is it wifi only?
Old 23-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Wifi only, I believe. From what I understand, it does have a LAN plug but it's not active (perhaps it isn't enabled in the firmware?)
Old 23-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Alright? Not half!

Quote:
The mini will be able to use power line to connect (through power outlets) but Sky are saying this isn't ready. Some on the forums claim it is working for them.
Old 23-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Alright? Not half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
that's annoying, we currently have connection issues with the tv furthest from our sky box, and I was hoping the mini would fix that!
Wifi is massively improved with the mini in place so it probably will resolve your problem.
Old 23-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Does anyone know what they do about the recordings on your existing box and how they can be transferred? If at some point I was to do this we have so much recorded it would be a royal PIA. 2 boxes - one 2TB and that's a lot of stuff.

Obviously some we can jettison, some will be on catchup. Seems like an obvious question but I wonder if there is a good answer.
Old 23-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Eep! Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
Wifi only, I believe. From what I understand, it does have a LAN plug but it's not active (perhaps it isn't enabled in the firmware?)
going to be added in a future firmware update as far as I understand
Old 23-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Alright? Not half!

Quote:
Does anyone know what they do about the recordings on your existing box and how they can be transferred? If at some point I was to do this we have so much recorded it would be a royal PIA. 2 boxes - one 2TB and that's a lot of stuff.

Obviously some we can jettison, some will be on catchup. Seems like an obvious question but I wonder if there is a good answer.
Nothing can be transferred. All recordings on old boxes are lost.