Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 23-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil's Barber View Post
Nothing can be transferred. All recordings on old boxes are lost.
I understand their dilemma but the least they should be able to do is keep your old card live so that you can access those recordings for say 12 months or so. Even better do some limited upload and download to Sky to transfer them.

Another example I guess of Sky saying - stuff the customer - this is what we are doing.
Old 23-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
You can transfer - but it isn't easy. I am getting SkyQ installed in April, so I am in the process of backing up stuff I want to keep (mostly Palace matches in HD).

To do this you need something to record from HDMI and - crucially - something to strip away the HDCP (such as To view the link you have to Register or Login). It isn't sold as an HDCP stripper, but it works as one.

To record, you can use something like the To view the link you have to Register or Login or To view the link you have to Register or Login or even the To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Hope that helps.
Old 23-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stand corrected.
Old 23-03-2016, 01:24 PM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Power lines are not active yet, which is a pain. To access the mini guide you can press the select button as well.
Old 23-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You can transfer - but it isn't easy. I am getting SkyQ installed in April, so I am in the process of backing up stuff I want to keep (mostly Palace matches in HD).

To do this you need something to record from HDMI and - crucially - something to strip away the HDCP (such as To view the link you have to Register or Login). It isn't sold as an HDCP stripper, but it works as one.

To record, you can use something like the To view the link you have to Register or Login or To view the link you have to Register or Login or even the To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Hope that helps.
James - great to hear from you and it sounds as if you are still bang up to date with AV stuff! Great advice. I will look into it. Criket I wish I had known about one of these before TBH - I will just order one at that price and work out later if I need it

Cheers
Old 23-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
yep, that's v useful James.

I only really care about the stuff for the kids, I'll see if I can record their favourites.
Old 23-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Glad to be of help. If anyone needs further guidance, please send me a PM.

I may also be able to help with networking. It's true that the Powerline option isn't functioning yet (and may never work for those, like me, who have declined to take Sky broadband). However, you still can use Powerlines/Homeplug AV's now if you use something like To view the link you have to Register or Login 1200 Mbps may be overkill (although remember that the 1200mbps number is full duplex - so, 600 up, 600 down) and less expensive, slower ones are available.

SkyQ can connect wirelessly; using the built in Powerline technology; AND using Ethernet - so by using your own Homeplugs, you can connect the SkyQ Silver and the mini boxes using the Ethernet ports. I shall be using the latter configuration as I live in a fairly large, old, house and wireless does not travel well through the stone walls.
Old 23-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I would stop my subscriptions tomorrow if I could get sport in HD.

I hate the way sky / virgin do things like put arbitrary limits on concurrent watchers or how many devices etc. Feels wrong after using netflix/amazon etc.

I'd gladly spend 50 quid a month for Premier league football delivered Netflix style and cut the cable.
Old 23-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I would stop my subscriptions tomorrow if I could get sport in HD.

I hate the way sky / virgin do things like put arbitrary limits on concurrent watchers or how many devices etc. Feels wrong after using netflix/amazon etc.

I'd gladly spend 50 quid a month for Premier league football delivered Netflix style and cut the cable.
Premierleaguepass if you use a VPN is about $50 for a full season. All HD sports channels included.
Old 23-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Premierleaguepass if you use a VPN is about $50 for a full season. All HD sports channels included.

I'm too old for all that VPN nonsense.

I want to be able to watch on multiple TVs,multiple devices.

No faff.

Just works.

If this was the states we would have something

Why don't the premier league sell straight to me. I'd pay loads. Like those MLB idiots in the states.
Old 23-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
OK mobdro on android.

It's free and easily understandable for those too old for VPN faffing.

And for all you sensible young un's who are on limited budgets, it's way, way better that both live media player and universal tv. The only downer is no iOS version.
Old 23-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
No good long term anyway as premierleaguepass has lost the rights now so won't exist from next season
Old 24-03-2016, 07:09 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
OK mobdro on android.

It's free and easily understandable for those too old for VPN faffing.

And for all you sensible young un's who are on limited budgets, it's way, way better that both live media player and universal tv. The only downer is no iOS version.

I can never find a match, any tips please
Old 24-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1FAN View Post
No good long term anyway as premierleaguepass has lost the rights now so won't exist from next season
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Do you know who has got them for next season?
Old 24-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Do you know who has got them for next season?
I think it was sky NZ but i can't find the link at the moment
Old 27-03-2016, 11:01 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I'm too old for all that VPN nonsense.

I want to be able to watch on multiple TVs,multiple devices.

No faff.

Just works.

If this was the states we would have something

Why don't the premier league sell straight to me. I'd pay loads. Like those MLB idiots in the states.
Nowtv? About 30 quid a month for the sky sports channels, just watch it via the app on your smart tv/tablet/computer etc.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I hate sky Q
Old 10-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
I hate sky Q

Any particular reason ?
Old 11-07-2016, 02:59 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I got it at the weekend. Love it so far. Bit disappointed that the fluid viewing only works on tablets and not phones or the Kindle Fires. I'm sure that will change.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:04 PM

Trev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
I got it Last month it's good when it works but I have to reboot it at least once a week.