Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-11-2017, 11:34 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
They don’t go to sleep as such but fish are cold bloodied so the lower the temperature the more lethargic they will be. They’ll still feed mind when they need to.
They also tend to seek out the warmest part of the lake (usually the deepest). At this time of year carp tend to show at dusk and in the hours of darkness.

On milder days they will become more active and come up in the water surface layers to enjoy a bit warmth. From a fishing point of view Zigs come into their own ar this time of year and rule of thumb , you find one you'll find a few as they tend to shoal up .
Old 10-11-2017, 11:58 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
When I fished on a more regular basis - few years back now. I never got a take on the bottom between November and February. Caught them in almost minus conditions - when lake was half frozen over. In fact the night before the fish I'm thinking about, sat outside bivvy having a social double layered up, my can of beer had ice crystals forming in it. Must have been down to 8 or 9 below.

Location, location, location.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:38 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
When I fished on a more regular basis - few years back now. I never got a take on the bottom between November and February. Caught them in almost minus conditions - when lake was half frozen over. In fact the night before the fish I'm thinking about, sat outside bivvy having a social double layered up, my can of beer had ice crystals forming in it. Must have been down to 8 or 9 below.

Location, location, location.
On the bottom layer or on a bottom bait ?

I'll be using single pop ups for 85% of my winter fishing answer spending more time walking and looking than sat behind frozen hangers !
Old 10-11-2017, 02:05 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Bottom baits, wasn't using pop-ups at time. Although that would change now.

Had them in the lower half layer. Always start with 3ft off bottom for averaged depth waters and amended accordingly.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:43 PM
South London and proud

Quote:
Bottom baits, wasn't using pop-ups at time. Although that would change now.

Had them in the lower half layer. Always start with 3ft off bottom for averaged depth waters and amended accordingly.
Zig fishing
Old 10-11-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
Zig fishing
Ah, sorry, just realised I never mentioned that in my OP. But that was what I was referring too. Sorry! Yeah - love Zigs. Had lots of bonus cats on them too, when fishing commercial waters. heat of the day under the surface.

And the amount of instant takes as well...
Old 10-11-2017, 03:07 PM
South London and proud

Quote:
Ah, sorry, just realised I never mentioned that in my OP. But that was what I was referring too. Sorry! Yeah - love Zigs. Had lots of bonus cats on them too, when fishing commercial waters. heat of the day under the surface.

And the amount of instant takes as well...
See my earlier post mate lol..
Old 13-11-2017, 11:49 PM
South London and proud

I've decided that I'm going to use nothing but Zigs until the spring.

Wish me luck!
Old 14-11-2017, 12:43 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Going silver springs on thurs , bread, worms , corn , maggot will bring in Carp, tench, Roach & perch i expect.
Old 14-11-2017, 12:43 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Wish me luck!
Good luck
Old 14-11-2017, 01:38 PM

Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:

Wish me luck!
How do you tie up a Zig? Is it just an extra extra long hooklink?
Old 14-11-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braintree Eagle View Post
How do you tie up a Zig? Is it just an extra extra long hooklink?
Yes.

But use mono, and not fluorocarbon. Keep the bait tight to the shank of the hook as well. You can use anything I've caught on breadflake before, black foam, whittled down pop-ups.

No snags, then Drennan Double strength is good but plenty of strong low diameter lines out there.

I was working on a adjustable zig float, incorporating wax molded to fit the lead in to stop any rotation/tangling mid-flight, but was struggling on my limited budget to incorporate it. I'm certainly no engineer.
Old 15-11-2017, 01:30 AM
South London and proud

Personally I use a Korda anti tangle sleeve and Fox zig - floater line (9lb) and a mag aligner.

My own personal touch is instead of using vastly expensive zig foam, I buy 3m ear plugs from eBay and cut them down accordingly.

The trickiest part of zig fishing (for me) is getting used to casting a long hook length.
Old 15-11-2017, 01:32 AM
South London and proud

As alternative you can always try a spodcopter setup, which is perfect for heavily stocked lakes where the fish really feed aggressively.

Last edited by croydonexile; 15-11-2017 at 01:34 AM.
Old 17-11-2017, 01:13 PM

Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Braintree Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Cheers.
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM
South London and proud

Rumours of a truly MASSIVE fish caught from Wingham. Don't believe it just yet but if true the English record will be decimated.
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Rumours of a truly MASSIVE fish caught from Wingham. Don't believe it just yet but if true the English record will be decimated.
Can you claim a record if the fish is spawn bound?

Still, sounds like a massive carp, shame if it is that though.
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
South London and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Can you claim a record if the fish is spawn bound?

Still, sounds like a massive carp, shame if it is that though.
Yes of course you can.

Those Wingham fish are piling it on anyway but 83lb will make the English record unbreakable in my opinion
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM

83lb.

Sounds like it's put on 20lb in a few months - which doesn't sound good. And the additional weight is something that will soon end the fishes life.

Apparently captor has no interest in the record.
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
South London and proud

Quote:
83lb.

Sounds like it's put on 20lb in a few months - which doesn't sound good. And the additional weight is something that will soon end the fishes life.

Apparently captor has no interest in the record.
Spawn bound.

Whether he claims it or not the record is exactly that, a record.