Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 11-06-2016, 10:40 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Glastonbury 2016

Line up's on the website - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Some annoying clashes - Beck vs PJ Harvey, New Order vs James Blake, but should be enough good stuff in there to make it pleasant.

Any obscure recommendations?

Werner Herzog
Old 11-06-2016, 11:13 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Not obscure, but if you don't fancy Adele, you could race between the Park and Peel stages to watch Mercury Rev and M83.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:19 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Defo want to see Mercury Rev. More keen on M83's old stuff than the new stuff and I saw them a couple of times back in the day, so leaning more towards James Blake or New Order for the Saturday Headline slot.

Werner Herzog
Old 11-06-2016, 11:34 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
New Order irritate me a bit now, I'm afraid. Hooky was a huge element of that band.
Sumner's whooping during Joy Division songs just seems a bit inappropriate.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:42 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
New Order irritate me a bit now, I'm afraid. Hooky was a huge element of that band.
Sumner's whooping during Joy Division songs just seems a bit inappropriate.
"Worn like a mask of self hate, WOO, confronts and then dies"

Yeah the only time I saw them a few years ago they destroyed the JD songs a bit. See how it goes on that one.

Werner Herzog
Old 11-06-2016, 11:50 PM

Repo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You'll probably only get Atmosphere and Love Will Tear Us Apart, just imagine you could be watching Peter Hook singing them instead with a gang of hired help and you'll get over it.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Anyone else heard that Glastonbury might be moving in the near future?
Old 12-06-2016, 05:29 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I read the other day that it'll be moving to Longleat for a couple of years but that long term it'll stay in Glastonbury
Old 13-06-2016, 10:31 AM
By hand or by Bannan

So far, the list (including clashes) is:

Lady Sanity
A Guy Called Gerald
Joy Orbison & Fold
James
Night Beats
Nao
DakhaBrakha
Vince Staples
Ezra Furman
Daughter
Ronnie Spector
Savages
Underworld
Sigur Ros
Four Tet
Anna Meridith
Squeeze
Little Simz
Wolf Alice
Madness
Kurt Vile
ShibusaShirazu Orchestra
The Very Best
A Guy Called Gerald
Floating Points
Mercury Rev
James Blake
New Order
M83
Lee Scratch Perry
Kamasi Washington
Bat For Lashes
Band of Horses
Beck
PJ Harvey
Grimes
Earth,Wind & Fire

Werner Herzog
Old 13-06-2016, 10:57 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Anyone else heard that Glastonbury might be moving in the near future?
Yes but only very very slowly.
Old 13-06-2016, 11:31 AM

Bizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
I read the other day that it'll be moving to Longleat for a couple of years but that long term it'll stay in Glastonbury
Mate lives in Warminster and he reckons this is true.
Old 13-06-2016, 11:58 AM

Bigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallBigtoe82 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Read they are not showing any football at all which is disappointing - even though i would feel a bit bad leaving to watch the football, should one of England's games fall during Glastonbury, we were thinking about darting out and watching it. (this is all very dependent on when we play and who is playing on what stage(s) at the time.

I assume it is allowed to leave and return?
Old 14-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't wait for this year. Staying at Worthy View this year as a bit of a treat. Roll on next week.

Big Toe - it is possible to leave the site and return but would be a massive trek. Some of the smaller bars will have the game on for sure.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 14-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't wait for this year. Staying at Worthy View this year as a bit of a treat. Roll on next week.

Big Toe - it is possible to leave the site and return but would be a massive trek. Some of the smaller bars will have the game on for sure.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 16-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I'm in Shangri-La Crew Camping - my tent is already set up waiting for me with double air bed, duvet, 13amp power, fridge etc. etc.

What's Worthy View all about? I've seen it on the map - it looks like it is outside the festival up the top...?
Old 16-06-2016, 11:47 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I'm in Shangri-La Crew Camping - my tent is already set up waiting for me with double air bed, duvet, 13amp power, fridge etc. etc.

What's Worthy View all about? I've seen it on the map - it looks like it is outside the festival up the top...?
Sounds very un Glastonbury like to me. What happened to proper festivals when you passed out in a tent for a couple of hours to wake up with it all around you immersed in water? Sounds soft to me
Old 16-06-2016, 06:32 PM

Enfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bo ho b***s**** Emily Bevis sold out to the $150 wellie boot brigade. VIP circle at the front, wigwam with all self contained electric mod cons. W*******.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LXocmIHoVXM

cpfc - strength in times of unusualness
Old 16-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post

Yeah what happened to Glastonburys where you shit in a bin bag in your tent then go "hold this a sec" to an unwitting mate?
Old 17-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Yeah what happened to Glastonburys where you shit in a bin bag in your tent then go "hold this a sec" to an unwitting mate?
What kind of despicable c*nt would do such a thing
Old 17-06-2016, 10:48 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
You must be talking about the Nineties.
In the Eighties we used to shit on an unwitting mate and put them in the bin bag.
In the Seventies we just shot them in the back of the head with a captive bolt.
Modern day pussies.