Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
You must be talking about the Nineties.
In the Eighties we used to shit on an unwitting mate and put them in the bin bag.
In the Seventies we just shot them in the back of the head with a captive bolt.
Modern day pussies.
You've just proved you weren't there back in '79.
Old 18-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
What kind of despicable c*nt would do such a thing
Don't ask.
Old 18-06-2016, 09:08 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
You've just proved you weren't there back in '79.
I wasn't. That would have been Reading, which I first went to in 1975.
My first Glastonbury was 1981. My last was about 1995.

Last edited by Stellavista; 18-06-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 18-06-2016, 10:22 AM

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nine Below Zero are on the acoustic stage at 4pm Saturday
Old 18-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Troublemaker

Quote:
I wasn't. That would have been Reading, which I first went to in 1975.
My first Glastonbury was 1981. My last was about 1995.
79/99 me. Done with it now. Probably.
Old 18-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
New Order irritate me a bit now, I'm afraid. Hooky was a huge element of that band.
Sumner's whooping during Joy Division songs just seems a bit inappropriate.

Agree. NewOrder are my favourite band, but that band is no more

Take out Hooky and it's just Bad Lieutenant , I'm afraid.
Old 18-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I thought I was done with it in about 2008 after 20++ years... But being in crew camping and in the most old school bit of the festival makes it viable for an old fart like me
Old 18-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
And yes, I think Emily is a spoilt little shit who is doing her best to f*ck up a fantastic institution by using it as her little play toy and booking complete and utter c*nts like Kanye West.
Old 18-06-2016, 09:08 PM

Johnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Perhaps it's a bit like the premier league, they can't make much more through the gate so are trying to sell more tv rights around the world by booking the likes of said Mr West. Of course that's not what it was always supposed to be about, so I'm out.
Old 18-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Is there much point Nine Below Zero doing an acoustic set? I'm baffled by that one.
Old 18-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Fishy McFishface

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Is there much point Nine Below Zero doing an acoustic set? I'm baffled by that one.
The 'acoustic' tent / stage has not been truly acoustic for about 20 years

It used to have tiered seating around the sides but these days it is a 'big top' style tent with open sides.
Old 18-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Fishy McFishface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Of course that's not what it was always supposed to be about, so I'm out.
This year I will visit the Pyramid perhaps for Muse on Friday and probably for ELO on Sunday and that's it.

As ever all the best things happen on the little stages and happenings dotted about in the dark corners
Old 18-06-2016, 11:32 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
It's all gone a bit wrong at Glastonbury.

Old 19-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Fishy McFishface

Mental... 2 grand to stay in a shipping container that's miles away from the bloody site and you get taxied in to the furthest pedestrian drop off point that's still about an hours walk to a lot of the festival??? What a load of bollocks
Old 19-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Fishy McFishface

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-06-2016, 08:40 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Looks like Camp Leatherneck to me, apart from the glass balustrade.
Old 19-06-2016, 08:59 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I stayed in one of those mobile hotels at an event i was working at once and thought they were great. Basically luxory rooms with a luxory en suite shower and toilet in half a portacabin. The answer to the London housing crisis if you ask me.

It doesn't surprise me at all see them go down a storm at Glastonbury the accommodation always was a bit agricultural.
Old 19-06-2016, 11:15 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
It doesn't surprise me at all see them go down a storm at Glastonbury the accommodation always was a bit agricultural.
Maybe I'm losing touch. I thought that was half the point.
Old 19-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Escape from Colditz.
Old 19-06-2016, 02:35 PM
The Bringer of Joy