Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
CPFC2010 Wine discussion (split thread)

I just received a bottle of 1990 Chateau La Lagune - any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:34 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger
I just received a bottle of 1990 Chateau La Lagune - any thoughts?
A great bottle of Bordeaux. It's fully mature and won't get any better than it is now. Decant it carefully off the sediment and serve in large glasses with some decent grub. Should be lovely. Robert Parker's 91 out of 100 is a pretty accurate rating.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:57 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
A great bottle of Bordeaux. It's fully mature and won't get any better than it is now. Decant it carefully off the sediment and serve in large glasses with some decent grub. Should be lovely. Robert Parker's 91 out of 100 is a pretty accurate rating.
Excellent, I'm looking forward to it. What are your feelings, if any, on Canadian wines?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM

Taedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTaedry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
serve in large glasses with some decent grub. Should be lovely.
Cod and chips or a Kebab?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 PM
wer der waabbit

IAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedry
Cod and chips or a Kebab?
got to be morleys
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Excellent, I'm looking forward to it. What are your feelings, if any, on Canadian wines?
Not my area of knowledge, sorry.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:33 PM

wandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroni
As a successful businessman if you were given £50,000 how would you make that 50K make you more money ?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 PM
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering star
As a successful businessman if you were given £50,000 how would you make that 50K make you more money ?
Buy 21 cases of Chateau Cos d'Estournel 2009. Pray that wine critic Robert Parker scores it 100 points (which he should because its one of the greatest young wines ever made) and sell it when he does.

And FFS whatever you do, don't invest it in a football club
Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Buy 21 cases of Chateau Cos d'Estournel 2009. Pray that wine critic Robert Parker scores it 100 points (which he should because its one of the greatest young wines ever made) and sell it when he does.

I googled this and it appears he's all over it already!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
The 2009 Cos d'Estournel is one of the greatest young wines I have ever tasted ... in the world! An extraordinary effort I tasted on two separate occasions, this blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest primarily Merlot with a dollop of Cabernet Franc has a whopping 14.5% alcohol, but a remarkably normal pH of 3.69. Kudos to JeanGuillaume Prats and owner Michel Reybier for this amazing wine made from yields of 33 hectoliters per hectare. It will be a legendary claret that should last for 50-60 years.

A black/purple color is accompanied by aromas of graphite, ink, creme de cassis, blackberries, cedar, and incense. Full-bodied and unctuously textured, with an ethereal personality, tons of nuances, and a burgeoning complexity, it is an enormously well-endowed, fresh, perfectly balanced tour de force in winemaking. As mentioned above, it should drink well for 50-60 years.
(Robert Parker - Wine Advocate - April 2010)
Old 09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just looked up how much a bottle of this might cost as a treat to myself for my 30th, as I'm a fan of Bordeaux. Better start saving/dropping hints to my wife/coming up with another idea

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
I just received a bottle of 2010 Buckfast - any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
I believe that was a question.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:12 AM
hey, its just an opinion

Quote:
Not my area of knowledge, sorry.
Would you like to try some Quail's Gate 2008 Okanagan Pinot Noir?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Banned by Moderators

the kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
I googled this and it appears he's all over it already!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"The 2009 Cos d'Estournel is one of the greatest young wines I have ever tasted ... in the world! An extraordinary effort I tasted on two separate occasions, this blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest primarily Merlot with a dollop of Cabernet Franc has a whopping 14.5% alcohol, but a remarkably normal pH of 3.69. Kudos to JeanGuillaume Prats and owner Michel Reybier for this amazing wine made from yields of 33 hectoliters per hectare. It will be a legendary claret that should last for 50-60 years.

A black/purple color is accompanied by aromas of graphite, ink, creme de cassis, blackberries, cedar, and incense. Full-bodied and unctuously textured, with an ethereal personality, tons of nuances, and a burgeoning complexity, it is an enormously well-endowed, fresh, perfectly balanced tour de force in winemaking. As mentioned above, it should drink well for 50-60 years.
(Robert Parker - Wine Advocate - April 2010)"

what the shit?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think I'll stick mainly with wines from our Margaret River region!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 AM
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
Would you like to try some Quail's Gate 2008 Okanagan Pinot Noir?
Would love to. Let's have a taste-off. My Churton Pinot Noir against your Quails Gate. World's most Northern Pinot v world's most Southern. Before the Millwall game? Steve
Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM
hey, its just an opinion

Quote:
Would love to. Let's have a taste-off. My Churton Pinot Noir against your Quails Gate. World's most Northern Pinot v world's most Southern. Before the Millwall game? Steve
Can't make the Millwall game, but was planning to have dinner in Speroni's before Derby. How does that sound? Dave
Old 10-11-2011, 09:55 AM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

When would the score come out and if it was 100 what would it be likely to be worth and would somoene sell it via yourselves? (Is there a v hefty commission charge or a huge spread between the buy and sell price).

What sort of score do you reckon is currently in the price? ie below what score do you think the price would actually fall?

Isn't there some sort of tax break when buying wine or am I going mad?

(as an aside what is a great red to go with turkey, and say a white with smoked salmon. Have my parents coming for Christmas this year and my dad is bit of a wine buff. )
Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden
I think I'll stick mainly with wines from our Margaret River region!
2007 Moss Wood Ribbon Vale Vineyard Cab Merlot - one of the best wines I have had this year
Old 10-11-2011, 01:21 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
When would the score come out and if it was 100 what would it be likely to be worth and would somoene sell it via yourselves? (Is there a v hefty commission charge or a huge spread between the buy and sell price).

What sort of score do you reckon is currently in the price? ie below what score do you think the price would actually fall?

Isn't there some sort of tax break when buying wine or am I going mad?

(as an aside what is a great red to go with turkey, and say a white with smoked salmon. Have my parents coming for Christmas this year and my dad is bit of a wine buff. )
Why would you have a red with turkey? White with white meat surely.