Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS BBS Forums User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 17-08-2016, 12:30 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Closing threads

Nice if the mods gave a reason as to why a thread has been closed, before closing.

The 'Gay' thread has been shut down with no explanation.

Personally I cannot see a reason why it has, so would be nice to know, as it just comes across as ridiculous censorship.
Old 17-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Man about town

Marksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Nice if the mods gave a reason as to why a thread has been closed, before closing.

The 'Gay' thread has been shut down with no explanation.

Personally I cannot see a reason why it has, so would be nice to know, as it just comes across as ridiculous censorship.
I saw it mentioned on Twitter, maybe they thought it could snowball if to many people started complaining about it?

Personally not sure of the content but it seemed to considered offensive?
Old 17-08-2016, 12:45 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
The mods need to add a post of their own as to why a thread gets closed. Not just closed without explanation.
Old 17-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
We do?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-08-2016, 12:49 PM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
***Thread closed***

If you don't like it start your own forum.
Old 17-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
We do?
No. You can do what you want.

But you should
Old 17-08-2016, 12:50 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksf View Post
I saw it mentioned on Twitter, maybe they thought it could snowball if to many people started complaining about it?

Personally not sure of the content but it seemed to considered offensive?
So it is mentioned on twitter, and possibly a negative way about the BBS, but should that be a reason to close it?

Some posts were offensive, but that did not make it any different to a number of other threads. The offensive posts were ridiculed, so again not sure what the issue is.
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
***Thread closed***

I'll concede that closing this thread for the giggles did cross my mind.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
I don't see a reason why the thread was closed either mate, but at least it will stop me spending time on it

One thing I would say, is that the thread helped me to reclarify in my own mind how I feel about LGBT. In other words I appreciate we have gay supporters/players and realize some straight posters on here are justifiably quite vocal about it perhaps in support of family or friends. Fair enough but from my own perspective I just wish the message was presented in a less intrusive manner, and that the advocates take time to understand the opinion of neutrals and opponents

Anyway, I don't plan to say any more on it as I have work to do on other threads
Old 17-08-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
***Thread closed***

Silly response.
Old 17-08-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post

Anyway, I don't plan to say any more on it as I have work to do on other threads
Old 17-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Happy Felix Day!

The short answer is we decided to close it.

Let me address the longer answer using a Jane Austen quote....it'll take me a second to dig it out

Edit: it's from Emma

here are we setting forward to spend five dull hours in another man's house, with nothing to say or to hear that was not said and heard yesterday, and may not be said and heard again to-morrow

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 17-08-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 17-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Any good ongoing arguments we can join? Usual opposing sides of course!
Old 17-08-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Any good ongoing arguments we can join? Usual opposing sides of course!
Find one. You have an hour, or I will PM you with suggestions of ones we could manufacture.
Old 17-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:

Let me address the longer answer using a Jane Austen quote....it'll take me a second to dig it out

here are we setting forward to spend five dull hours in another man's house, with nothing to say or to hear that was not said and heard yesterday, and may not be said and heard again to-morrow
As Exiled said to someone else.......silly response
Old 17-08-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Using that argument the Corbyn thread should have been closed down weeks ago.
Old 17-08-2016, 01:02 PM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Silly response.
Haha just a joke.

I heard that on a body building forum i used to go on a lot and essentially the guy went and created a successful new forum which took quite a few members off it.

***Thread re-opened***
Happy Felix Day!

Cockneyrebel is going a little bit nuts on the Corbyn thread. Feel free to jump into that. I apologise but willcpfc does not appear to be around on the brexit thread, though Matov has moved his trolling to there if you fancy getting stuck into that.
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Using that argument the Corbyn thread should have been closed down weeks ago.
Maybe we need to call him Sir ?
Old 17-08-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Maybe we need to call him Sir ?