Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Who would you choose for your transport needs?
Uber 195 55.24%
Black Cab 95 26.91%
Moo/Other 63 17.85%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was reading yesterday that their offices in Holland were raided as part of a crack down on them operating an illegal service
Old 01-10-2015, 07:54 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Local mini cab firm for local journeys. For local folk. After a while,you know the drivers and any cabs that should be scrapped.

Uber for all other casual journeys. Again, black cabs for work and stations. Habits I guess.
This for me.

Anything Local I use Kendall Cars in Croydon.
Any time I've pissed in London I'll get an Uber (if I need too).

I got home from Stratford to South Croydon for 27 sheets the other day in an Uber. It costs 12 from East Croydon to mine in a black cab.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Cabs, or scabs?
I'll take a cab, ta.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Uber or Addison Lee.
Black cabs are an utter rip off and drive at 15 mph just to get some extra cash.
Uber etc offer a service i need. Reliable and get me home for a decent price.
I even dislike getting black cabs for work these days, they also expect a tip rather than earn one.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:27 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not having used a Taxi of any description for a while now I cannot really comment much on this Uber thing beyond this.

I sense that Uber is the sort of thing that Hipsters would use. Now I don't really know what Hipsters are but I sense they are wrong'un's and thus I would go for the good old fashioned, salt of the earth, London Taxi driver. Always thought it would have been a good trade for me to have taken up and always find their train of political thought to be stimulating.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post

I got home from Stratford to South Croydon for 27 sheets the other day in an Uber. It costs 12 from East Croydon to mine in a black cab.
This is the reason i tend to use Uber when coming home from london.

London bridge to sanderstead is 25, with a black cab i did it once same sort of time of night and it was closer to 50, which puts me right off using them.

Also using fair split and not worrying about cash, means a couple of us can pile into the cab and just get home without worrying about cashpoints, surcharges for card etc.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
For home care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Unregistered User

ChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
Not having used a Taxi of any description for a while now I cannot really comment much on this Uber thing beyond this.

I sense that Uber is the sort of thing that Hipsters would use. Now I don't really know what Hipsters are but I sense they are wrong'un's and thus I would go for the good old fashioned, salt of the earth, London Taxi driver. Always thought it would have been a good trade for me to have taken up and always find their train of political thought to be stimulating.
Nothing to do with hipsterism.

I took an Uber from Camden to East Croydon station at 4am and it cost me 25. I took a black cab from South Kensington to Victoria station at 7pm with no traffic and it cost me over 15.

I almost think that its too cheap. I don't see how any of the drivers can be making money off it. I would happily pay more to ensure this as it would still be vastly cheaper than a regular taxi.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:42 AM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Uber for me... but the downside is i've been ripped off by mates who 'dont have the cash at the time' and i forget all about it until i see a 30 uber fare on my bank statement.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
So if this is a massive threat to black cabs why are the number of black cabs registering in London increasing?

To my mind they offer very different services, which is kinda backed up by the fact that the black cab numbers have not been decimated since uber launched.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:45 AM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
All the cabbies want is a level playing field, not job protection, which is fair enough.

Why should they be required by law to have different and more costly standards to their competition?
Exactly. Uber shouldnt be penalised. Its the Black Cabs (and governing bodies) that need to change,
Old 01-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
This for me.

Anything Local I use Kendall Cars in Croydon.
Any time I've pissed in London I'll get an Uber (if I need too).

Kennington to Warlingham for 20 in an Uber.

I ended up at East Croydon a few weeks ago, last train to Warlingham had gone and my phone was dead. Got a black cab from there. 30.

THIRTY ******* QUID FROM EAST CROYDON TO WARLINGHAM.

I ended up getting him to drop me at Warlingham Green so I could get more cash out, handed him the money, and walked the remaining 15 mins home as I refused to pay any more.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:49 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Blackcabs are stuck in the 20th Century, Uber is in the 21st century. This is not Uber's fault. Blackcabs need to move into the 21st century and modernise the way they operate - and the monopoly they have is not warranted, as there is clearly a gap in the market.

I've got a few exec etc. Ubers. Only because that was available, but when I have had a standard uber showing up as close - guess what it's a Black metered taxi cab. So hailed one down instead of waiting 5mins. So not all London cabbies feel this way.

Blackcabs want to block car pooling - which works well in so many other cities. Why? because it hits on their profits. Uber will win the day, eventually unless they change their game.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:51 AM

Ryan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
I of charged 17.50 back to Shirley from East Croydon by a black cab simply because the bloke either didn't know where he was going or deliberately went the wrong way to bump it up. But I don't like using uber either, the cabbies are right its not a fair system and I don't really trust their drivers either.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:55 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
If I'm in London, always Uber. I see no need to use a black cab. Why pay more for no reason?
Old 01-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
You can now email uber support from the app and your passenger rating

4.6 here
Old 01-10-2015, 09:16 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Uber.

RIP black cabs.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Kennington to Warlingham for 20 in an Uber.

Out of interest, do you support the idea of a minimum wage ?
Old 01-10-2015, 09:35 AM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Since I've started using uber and having a quick scan through my previous journeys I reckon I have saved around 100.

East Croydon to Sanderstead in a black cab is 16-20. Uber charges me 7ish.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:38 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
All fun saving money now, keep going until Uber have a monopoly then watch the price rise quicker than a Wonga Loan.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:40 AM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Uber or Addison Lee.
Black cabs are an utter rip off a
Fcvk me - Addison Lee are worse than the lot of them put together.