Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Who would you choose for your transport needs?
Uber 195 55.24%
Black Cab 95 26.91%
Moo/Other 63 17.85%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2015, 10:39 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I never really get taxi's of any kind there is usually a public transport or walking option which is just as easy and they charge a fortune.

I don't think uber should be allowed to work as they do to be honest. It just seems unfair to have the difficult knowledge and high cab costs if you are going to let some upstarts effectively compete because they are technically not just picking people up off the street without a booking. If you are saying technology makes these things redundant then by all means do away with it. You cannot keep it and allow another load of people to effectively pick up off the street.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I never really get taxi's of any kind there is usually a public transport or walking option which is just as easy and they charge a fortune.

I don't think uber should be allowed to work as they do to be honest. It just seems unfair to have the difficult knowledge and high cab costs if you are going to let some upstarts effectively compete because they are technically not just picking people up off the street without a booking. If you are saying technology makes these things redundant then by all means do away with it. You cannot keep it and allow another load of people to effectively pick up off the street.
How is me picking up the phone to Addison Lee or any other minicab operator particularly different from me booking a cab on an app?

Again because it seems that no one gets this, black cab numbers are not decreasing since Uber rocked up. Minicab firms are though.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:43 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
First they undermine your rights, then they impoverish you, then they offer something that saves you money by undermining someone else's rights.
They want it all!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:43 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
How is me picking up the phone to Addison Lee or any other minicab operator particularly different from me booking a cab on an app?

Again because it seems that no one gets this, black cab numbers are not decreasing since Uber rocked up. Minicab firms are though.
Black cabs have a Great app!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Black cabs have a Great app!
You mean Hailo or something like that? I've used it from time to time.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:46 AM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
How many years ago?
Oh, a good few.

As I recall, Beeline were getting all the business because of the structure they were using - all drivers were self-employed, whereas Victor's were all employees.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:48 AM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBaby View Post
Oh, a good few.

As I recall, Beeline were getting all the business because of the structure they were using - all drivers were self-employed, whereas Victor's were all employees.
So before it was taken over by 3 drivers four years back its all new and the best in the area by far!
How does driver status change anything???
What clients did you have in Sevenoaks?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:50 AM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So before it was taken over by 3 drivers four years back
Almost certainly - I'll give 'em another go next time.

Quote:
How does driver status change anything???
I'm just saying how they'd got so many cars so quickly. They swamped Sevenoaks what, six, seven years ago?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:51 AM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:
You mean Hailo or something like that? I've used it from time to time.
That's the one I always use, very good service.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:54 AM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBaby View Post
Almost certainly - I'll give 'em another go next time.

I'm just saying how they'd got so many cars so quickly. They swamped Sevenoaks what, six, seven years ago?
Fours years... Good slow growth due to the only 24 hour office a 100k taxi dispatch system only taking good drivers and cars! You should try MY firm again!
You might need Adlerhorst if jock cannon my old boss wants to sue for slagging the old Beeline!

Last edited by in-exile; 01-10-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:55 AM

Ha ha - I was starting to wonder.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Aha.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:04 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Black cabbies have had years and years of ripping people off left right and centre. Now there is a modern, faster, cheaper alternative. F**k em.

When it cost 25 to get from Camden to Norwood at 2am compared to 11 to get from East Croydon to Norwood at 2pm, you know that the system is nothing short of corrupt.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:08 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:

Well i suppose it's different because you can see that there is an uber in the area doing the rounds awaiting a pick up. Rather than having to wait for one to be dispatched. You are effectively hailing it rather than ordering a mini cab. Would you be so keen if you weren't sure the taxi was around the corner?

I am not sure whether it is effecting the black cabs business is the only factor in whether it is fair for them to operate in this way without passing the knowledge and getting registered in the same way.

Last edited by scro; 01-10-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:10 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
The real test will be at a zebra crossing. As everyone knows a black cab will only stop and let a pedestrian cross if he has a fare in the back. If the light is on they'll run you down rather than stop.
I'd be interested in Uber feedback on this situation.

And I'd assume both don't bother with indicators and/or the occasional racist filth from the misguided driver.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
The real test will be at a zebra crossing. As everyone knows a black cab will only stop and let a pedestrian cross if he has a fare in the back. If the light is on they'll run you down rather than stop.
I'd be interested in Uber feedback on this situation.

And I'd assume both don't bother with indicators and/or the occasional racist filth from the misguided driver.
I am no fan of the average black cab driver but i do think the playing field should be level for the racist tax dodging twerps.

(Although i do see the irony in a bunch of people that actively avoid contributing to society are now appealing to it's better nature).

Last edited by scro; 01-10-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:17 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
If you're male, Uber is the one for you. If you're female, you'd be silly to use it. Do Uber still not do background checks at all?
Old 01-10-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Also addison lee are residents parking bay stealing scum of the earth..

I would never use that company personally. Try asking one how long they intend to sit in a space allocated to residents and you'd soon go off them. I've had to circle round on numerous occasions because they sit there for 15/20 minutes in the only available space.

Last edited by scro; 01-10-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Uber isn't an official taxi (black cab) then it must be operating under the same regulations as mini-cabs. As such, it is the same competition for black cabs as normal mini-cabs. They would be just another mini-cab company and good luck to them.

If Uber operate according to neither set of regulations then what they're doing is illegal and they should be shut down until either the law is changed or they comply with current laws.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
If Uber isn't an official taxi (black cab) then it must be operating under the same regulations as mini-cabs. As such, it is the same competition for black cabs as normal mini-cabs. They would be just another mini-cab company and good luck to them.

If Uber operate according to neither set of regulations then what they're doing is illegal and they should be shut down until either the law is changed or they comply with current laws.
They operate under the mini-cab rules AFIAK.