Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Who would you choose for your transport needs?
Uber 195 55.24%
Black Cab 95 26.91%
Moo/Other 63 17.85%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Also addison lee are residents parking bay stealing scum of the earth..

I would never use that company personally. Try asking one how long they intend to sit in a space allocated to residents and you'd soon go off them. I've had to circle round on numerous occasions because they sit there for 15/20 minutes in the only available space.
Park up so they're blocked in. Sorted.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:23 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
If you're male, Uber is the one for you. If you're female, you'd be silly to use it. Do Uber still not do background checks at all?
Or check if the driver is driving not someone else just renting it? Then who knows the past of that person.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:35 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Park up so they're blocked in. Sorted.
I would think that would probably result in me starting a riot and getting a ticket of some description for blocking the public highway.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:48 AM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
UBER is a basic human need.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:49 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Also addison lee are residents parking bay stealing scum of the earth..

I would never use that company personally. Try asking one how long they intend to sit in a space allocated to residents and you'd soon go off them. I've had to circle round on numerous occasions because they sit there for 15/20 minutes in the only available space.
Could you not just ring Addison Lee and order a cab to take you to Stansted airport asap, give your address as further up the road and then pull into the space once it's been vacated?
Old 01-10-2015, 11:50 AM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
The main benefit of UBER is you no longer have to hitch a ride with a racist Chelsea supporting cabbie whilst paying over the odds.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
If Uber isn't an official taxi (black cab) then it must be operating under the same regulations as mini-cabs.
They aren't
Old 01-10-2015, 11:55 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Could you not just ring Addison Lee and order a cab to take you to Stansted airport asap, give your address as further up the road and then pull into the space once it's been vacated?
I suspect the reason they are there is they are waiting to collect. The likes of Adlerhorst that order the addison lee from an expensive restaurant they probably aren't paying for and then cannot tear themselves away from a final glass of free wine.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
The main benefit of UBER is you no longer have to hitch a ride with a racist Chelsea supporting cabbie whilst paying over the odds.
There is an element of prejudice and stereotyping going on there.. some of them support west ham ;-)
Old 01-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
I have no idea what Uber are but black cabs are a rip-off. One black cab ****** from Sutton station took a ridiculous detour from a straight-line route to my home. I was so stunned I let them do it and didn't even complain. Wankers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 01-10-2015, 11:59 AM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I assumed Addison Lee only delivered drugs these days.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
I have no idea what Uber are but black cabs are a rip-off. One black cab ****** from Sutton station took a ridiculous detour from a straight-line route to my home. I was so stunned I let them do it and didn't even complain. Wankers.
That probably wasn't a proper black cabbie.. I don't think they have to do the central london knowledge.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
That probably wasn't a proper black cabbie.. I don't think they have to do the central london knowledge.
But they need to do the south of the river version don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 01-10-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Not even sure it's that extensive.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:12 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yellow badge Croydon knowledge.......probably a Green London badge driver working near home that day who doesn't know home as well as he thinks!
Old 01-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With the advent of satnav and traffic reporting etc - isnt the knowledge out of date?

I feel somewhat comforted looking at the Uber drivers sat navscreen directing him about, rather then whatever magical mystery tour the black cab driver has decided to take me on!

Similar to those above, only use black cabs for work purposes, tho i know one company who have switched to Uber as easier to sort for staff and no need to do expenses etc as its automatically paid for directly from the company.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
For home care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
With the advent of satnav and traffic reporting etc - isnt the knowledge out of date?

I feel somewhat comforted looking at the Uber drivers sat navscreen directing him about, rather then whatever magical mystery tour the black cab driver has decided to take me on!

Similar to those above, only use black cabs for work purposes, tho i know one company who have switched to Uber as easier to sort for staff and no need to do expenses etc as its automatically paid for directly from the company.
I am less sure. My sat nav always tries to take me routes i would never personally choose from personal experience. They say they get "traffic updates" but i think in reality driving around london has as much to do with knowing your routes and actually how long they take rather than how long a computer thinks they will take.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:28 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Usually I am getting a cab home because I've had a drink. If I know the fastest route back, I have no problem sharing that with my driver.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Usually I am getting a cab home because I've had a drink. If I know the fastest route back, I have no problem sharing that with my driver.
I wonder what kind of star rating you might receive now in an uber.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:09 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Uber represent the worst of modern times. Modern technology harnessed to cheap third world labour with the profits going to the likes of Goldman Sachs in foreign tax havens.

If that is progress, you can keep it.