Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:00 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Problem for me with the Touch and iOS versions etc is how easy they are.

Not tried 17 yet. Been loving FM16 too much
Old 08-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Lost in translation

BBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What did you set the start date as?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:38 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For those saying there's loads to do... It's actually worth getting a Director of Football to do a lot of it. I always bring in one with good player judgement and get them to hire/fire youth team coaches, offer listed players out, set scouting assignments, handle contracts for non-first team players.

Saves a lot of time and boring hassle, probably a realistic model as well.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:45 AM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
What did you set the start date as?
I didn't, just let it roll with the start of the season like i normally do.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
For those saying there's loads to do... It's actually worth getting a Director of Football to do a lot of it. I always bring in one with good player judgement and get them to hire/fire youth team coaches, offer listed players out, set scouting assignments, handle contracts for non-first team players.

Saves a lot of time and boring hassle, probably a realistic model as well.
Just started a game as Real Balompedica Linense. Concentrating on my coaching and scouting with a DoF. Most players on Frees will kill my wage budget so trying to top up my squad with youngsters from teams like Barcelona and Sociedad's B teams as loads of them don't want me to pay anything to Loan them.

Typically though just had three first teasers go down with 6-7 week injuries.

Played my first friendly and beat Torino 1-0 though.

This time I made myself slightly better too. Being the most basic of basic coaches really wasn't working out.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 08-11-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:52 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What a way to win a cup final

Old 08-11-2016, 03:54 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You have played 22 years already?
Old 08-11-2016, 04:01 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
You have played 22 years already?
Still playing 2015 One save game since the day I bought it
Old 08-11-2016, 04:30 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was going to say, that would be nigh on impossible.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 08-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I think I will get used to it eventually but there is so much stuff to do right now it is a bit mind blowing to be honest.
For something a bit more old-school I can heartily recommend To view the link you have to Register or Login

Finally you can manage Peter Simpson, Don Rogers and Trevor Aylott...
Old 10-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Most creeps I seem to navigate ok now. It's when a match is going on I start to get a bit confused with all the screens.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What attributes am I looking for in a Sports Scientist and Data Analyst?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash View Post
Data analyst I imagine tactical knowledge and player ability?

Sports Scientist would probably be Physio.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:25 AM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
For something a bit more old-school I can heartily recommend To view the link you have to Register or Login

Finally you can manage Peter Simpson, Don Rogers and Trevor Aylott...
Will this be on Android mate?
Old 11-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
Will this be on Android mate?
Eventually, yes, as well as iOS and Windows Phone.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash View Post
If you are struggling with finding the appropriate stats you can always have a look at other clubs who "exceed" the average in that department and see what their staff ratings are for that field.

Essentially though, if you look at your Staff page you will see that Sports Scientist as has been said is to do with Physiotherapy and Data Analyst is to do with Judging Current and Player Ability.

I would imagine that there is a guide somewhere online but I cannot look online. I just filtered my search by those attributes and then looked for the highest rated "realistic" option and poached them from whatever club

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 21-11-2016, 08:21 AM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
lol FM17 Mobile is a joke.

I'm top of the league in November 16 and only conceded 4 goals!

plus they can get to **** with micro transactions...hate this nickel and diming process of ripping off gamers by putting content behind a paywall
Old 21-11-2016, 03:40 PM
'or 0=0'

FM17 getting the FIFA treatment reviews in Steam. Only so long you can keep releasing the same game with minor tweaks and the same issues.

Lack of competition and the need to release a new version year on year is really slowing down the potential of some games. When will we next see a new FM version developed from the ground up?

It really needs some competition to get its arse back in gear
Old 21-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
FM17 getting the FIFA treatment reviews in Steam. Only so long you can keep releasing the same game with minor tweaks and the same issues.

Lack of competition and the need to release a new version year on year is really slowing down the potential of some games. When will we next see a new FM version developed from the ground up?

It really needs some competition to get its arse back in gear
Obviously I haven't played FM before this for almost ten years and a lot has changed. I actually think he game needs to be pulled back a bit. So much stuff to do that really a football manager probably wouldn't deal with. Didn't realise I was playing Football Chairman these days.
Old 22-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Played my first full season as Maidstone Utd in the Conference National.

I finished 12th - winning my last 5 games and getting to the semi final of the FA Trophy. Think i cracked it towards the end of the season, but struggled for the first 15 matches or so. We were predicted for relegation.

My second season - i won all 6 of my pre-season and the first three games of the league.

Top tips for lower league teams -

Pick a formation. Then pick a slightly different formation (one positional change). Train them. I did a 4-2-3-1 Wide and a 4-1-2-3 Wide DM. However, i don't play wingers (little pace in the team), but an AP wide left and an IF wide right. My AMC scored 15 goals as a shadow striker. My Target Man got 20 on a support duty. My defence was the issue, so i replaced most of them for the 2nd season.

Start with a standard mentality - only change a few instructions.

Then train a counter mentality and a control mentality. Counter attack is vastly improved from previous versions and some of the counter goals i have scored have been a joy to behold.

Make sure you listen to your assistant (the better he is rated, the better his advice - i found this when i sacked my assistant and got a much better one). The main thing he will help with is balancing individual player duties (defend / attack / support) to your playing mentality. This made a huge difference as previously i was playing, for example, a counter strategy with not enough players on defend (you can go 1 or even 0 with attack duty).

Adapt for every game. There is no one-size-fitz-hall tactic for LLM teams. Keep a strong standard mentality but be prepared to go counter against decent teams who will attack you and try and get in behind, or control for weak teams who will put 11 behind the ball.

Don't be afraid to switch mentality mid-game. Your opponent will (they often put three up front if they are chasing the game).

Re-train players for different positions.

Journeyman old-age Target men and Defensive Mids are very useful in LLM. They may be 36 and have no pace, but their underlying technical quality can be pivotal. I have Matt Richards (ex-ipswich) and Jack Midson (34 and something like 15 clubs). They are good. Don't thing you have to sign young players with re-sale value. NOBODY buys your players and you are not Palace circa-2010.

Player Instructions - i'm unsure of. I use them for small tweaks in defence (sit-wider / narrower for FBs depending on the opposition formation). If i have a midfielder who has a shot on him, then i get him to shoot more-often (of my AMC's 15 goals, 6 were from 20yards or more). But some FM'ers believe too many PIs for poorer players don't work. Man-Marking instructions are a god-send. Notice the right back is bombing forward and overlapping? Then man-mark him with your winger. Oh look, he doesn't get the ball any-more.

Edit - I have also forwarded this to Alan Pardew.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill