Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 22-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Yeah I try to do similar. I tend to go 4-3-1-2 (an old formation from back in the old days) and then 4-2-3-1 Wide.

I sometimes stick a completely different option s third formation but wondering if this is having a detrimental effect. Started a game as AFC Wimbledon. But thinking of doing as German League. Just not sure who to pick from the lower leagues. I don't mind how much money as team has but I like a team to have decent youth facilities in place.
Old 22-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Yeah I try to do similar. I tend to go 4-3-1-2 (an old formation from back in the old days) and then 4-2-3-1 Wide.

I sometimes stick a completely different option s third formation but wondering if this is having a detrimental effect. Started a game as AFC Wimbledon. But thinking of doing as German League. Just not sure who to pick from the lower leagues. I don't mind how much money as team has but I like a team to have decent youth facilities in place.
I've read about a few people trying to re-create the 3-4-3 of Conte. Also the high press of Klopp's Liverpool. I find that neither are suitable when you don't have quality players. For example, with the high press, it on'y works in FM 17 if you have very quick defenders, otherwise you concede so many from a ball over the top. I tried, and it was a disaster of 2-4 and 3-5 defeats. And for Conte's Chelsea style, you need a fluidity of interplay, switching of positions etc, with strong attacking central players.

In the lower leagues i find the goalkeepers are poor (so hit long shots) and i find that exceptional pace will win you games. The problem with Maidstone is that i have one decent quick player and the rest are basically Pace & Acceleration <10.

The 1 striker route is usually my fall back option. One day, i want to pursue a strikerless formation, or at least use False Nines. And also i want a decent two-up-top strategy. In FM 16 as Plymouth Argyle, i did well playing a 5-3-2 wing back strategy and actually got them to the Premier League...

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill
Old 22-11-2016, 02:38 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Of the above I have found that the "Standard" and little Instruction goes down well in the Premier League with Palace as well works. Benteke as a (Support) Target Man and Puncheon as a Shadow Striker is also effective.

One of my biggest gripes about the game is that Speroni and Cabaye have both become "home-sick" this season - Speroni has announced his retirement as well which is fair enough but he has been at the club over a Decade now, how can he be home sick? Also, Cabaye was just named player of the month for the Premier League with an average rating in December of 7.89 I shouldn't have to lose both of them for a month because of this. Not realistic.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 22-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
That's as funny as the person who posted the FIFA 17 pic of Delaney saying he wanted to move as he didn't think he would fit in with the culture and language.
Old 22-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Pokemon Trainer

What are with all these weird position role names etc? I have heard of trequartista but some of them I am like what the ****.
Old 22-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
What are with all these weird position role names etc? I have heard of trequartista but some of them I am like what the ****.
The Enganche is traditionally an Argentinian role, the player heads the midfield and is responsible for the transitional play between the deeper midfielders and attackers.

I know right. Bloody Latins coming over here, adding all their fancy names for people kicking a ball for a living.

See also Libero, Regista, Half-Back, Raumdeuter...

The only one i have ever used is Raumdeuter. Lee-C-Y is an example of one (apparently). They are wide players who 'investigate space' i.e. make random runs and act as a 'winger-poacher'. If you have one, i suggest you put a striker on support duty and add the 'pass into space' instruction.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill

Last edited by IpswichEagle; 22-11-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 22-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Really struggling with finding the right formation with Palace. Haven't done the old 4-3-1-2 though. Funnily I've had success with some other teams. Wolves were very easy to get up the league (Hause and Iorfa were superb and probably worth getting for a premier league).

With the old 4-3-1-2 formation remind me how you set it? What do you do with Zaha who is rather superfluous in that role. Do you retrain him or sell him on?
Old 22-11-2016, 10:25 PM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm playing touch and I'm balls at it. Got sacked at Palace, got Sacked at Arsenal, started at the latter with a new manager, due to get sacked again.

Did well last year with Palace, playing a Pulisesque game originally, then playing similar to Pards which didn't work, then changed to a Puliseque Counter game, still lost. Morale low, but can't seem to get any breaks.

Bleh. Tempted with Barcelona, expecting to be shit and be sacked.

Sure I'll get there in the end. Maybe.
Old 22-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
I'm playing touch and I'm balls at it. Got sacked at Palace, got Sacked at Arsenal, started at the latter with a new manager, due to get sacked again.

Did well last year with Palace, playing a Pulisesque game originally, then playing similar to Pards which didn't work, then changed to a Puliseque Counter game, still lost. Morale low, but can't seem to get any breaks.

Bleh. Tempted with Barcelona, expecting to be shit and be sacked.

Sure I'll get there in the end. Maybe.
I really find it hard to get excited about starting in top tiers. There is something exciting about the prospect of building a club up for me.
Old 19-12-2016, 03:01 PM

Fort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone playing the mobile version? Considering getting it on my Kindle.
Old 24-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Just bought this for 18 from Tesco. Didn't get the last one, so will be interesting to see how much it differs from FM15

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 26-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Jonathan Williams Fanclub

SteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The last game I played was FM11 but with the save file corrupted and with a new laptop purchased I've taken the plunge with FM17. It really is a totally different ball game!

I've started out well - five games in with Palace and have won against Burnley, Middlesbrough, Hull and Swansea and drawn away to Spurs. Top of the league but with tougher fixtures to come soon. I beat Charlton in the League Cup too!

I got rid of Mutch for 7M to Watford and have sold Appiah and loaned out Fryers from the first team squad while purchasing James Bree, Charlie Taylor, Ante Coric and Ademola Lookman so far. A counter attacking 4-2-3-1 is seemingly working pretty well for me so hopefully it continues!
BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League Champion 2015/16

Last edited by SteveyHawking; 27-01-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 18-04-2017, 09:27 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Is this game any good? Steam has more negative reviews than positive.
Old 19-04-2017, 05:48 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I play the Touch version only these days. Keeping me entertained for sure - I like this version.

Have to wonder when they will throw out the current code and rebuild the game though. Feeling like it may need it soon to really freshen things up, but so few big companies are prepared to do this now (look at the EA Sports model)
Old 20-05-2017, 02:51 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
I have FM2016, and am generally happy with it. My only slight issue with it is the player / team interaction is all a bit one dimensional, and once you know what the patterns are the responses get a bit predictable.

Is this worth the upgrade? Still on around 50 quid on Steam.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Pokemon Trainer

This game is so ******* infuriating!!!

Playing in Italy as Cremonese (Italian Third Division), had a decent pre season, lost in the Cup 1-0 Away to a Serie B team. But lost all three League games so far, two to teams I should have beaten 1-2 and 2-3 then just got spanked 0-3. I have no idea what tactics work best but seems my players are a complete bunch of clowns whatever tactics or formations I try.

Worst one was the game I lost 2-3 I went 2-1 up, changed my mentality to counter attacking and literally went 2-2 and a minute later 2-3.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:47 PM

Marki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for you
Interest in this faded for me a couple of months ago.

Vaguely rekindled by reading some blogs on a chaps Forest game

To view the link you have to Register or Login

But not enough to start a new game as of yet.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:09 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
3-1-3-3 formation...smash it
Old 11-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Pokemon Trainer

It's a bit mental when I have had the game about 6 months, and about 15 games into current game and I get a reward thing pop up for my first clean sheet.

I keep on drawing at the moment. Managed to win 4-0 in a cup game though. Need to find some consitency.
I keep having stupid spells though where I struggle to score but defend well, but when I do score I also concede loads. The game seems very "bugged".
Old 11-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
3-1-3-3 formation...smash it
I have been playing 4-2-4 Wide (I would call it more 4-4-2 myself!) Since I started this game yet I put 3-1-3-3 in as a third formation and yet my players are developing / picking up that formation quicker despite me never having played it. Surely a formation I use every game should have higher familiarity than one I don't use?