Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:07 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The graphic in the original post shows filled in corners (not with seats but nevertheless) and both the railway line side and the main stand side look like they still have room to expand the stands if ever needed

Millwall only lease the car park land so it was always the councils option to do something like this

Admittedly you could say the same about our car park and Sainsburys, but at least Steve Parish is trying to resolve our situation
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 09-09-2016, 05:30 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Most Millwall fans I know are racists, but they are "family" (of Irish Catholic descent, obviously).

Back on topic, I'm one of those Palace fans who sees Milllwall as our proper rivals, but I do think Lewisham Council are being utter c~nts here.
I would have said they have more of a Scottish heritage than Irish. They're well know for always supporting the Rangers and loyalist side.
Anyway fk Millwall.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:09 AM

griggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
I just feel that the reason that there is so much outrage about this from the higher echelons at the club is because someone beat them to it. When Berylson bought the club he made it very clear that he wouldn't be adverse to "redeveloping" the land himself.

"So close to London's financial quarters, the potential was obvious. "It was one of those Ronald Reagan moments: 'If there's manure around, there must be a pony some place'. I looked at it with the view that ultimately, if we got the zoning change [to allow development], then the worst came to the worst, I could get my money out through real estate.'' To view the link you have to Register or Login

There are growing reason for him to want to get his money back too. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by griggs; 09-09-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:15 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
Why the majority of Millwall fans, despite their reputation, aren't racists, but of course you always prefer a stereotype

Old 09-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
I find it frustrating that north of the river councils and the GLA seem to do all they can to help North London clubs, but South of the river local and central government support seems very thin on the ground.
This is true but on a more general scale South/South East London has had so little investment over the years from the GLA/Government it's criminal. It's as if the whole area is just seen as a place to house people to get them in to London (on a very poor transport system) and little else.

I know it's been discussed before but CPP would be an ideal place to rebuild into a place all of South London could visit and be proud of, but instead has been neglected for years.

As for Millwall, mixed feelings really. Dont like seeing football fans being mucked around but it's so hard to feel sorry for these old dinosaurs who still think they are better than us because they're "old school working class".

They still dont get it do they, as their recent visits to Wembley prove?
Old 09-09-2016, 09:08 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Gentrification is moving outwards from London Bridge and with the Bakerloo line extension and other transport initiatives Millwall and Charlton face long term survival issues. They'll end up moving out towards Dartford eventually.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:01 AM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Gentrification is moving outwards from London Bridge and with the Bakerloo line extension and other transport initiatives Millwall and Charlton face long term survival issues. They'll end up moving out towards Dartford eventually.
south london will really be ours then...
Old 09-09-2016, 10:09 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
I would have said they have more of a Scottish heritage than Irish. They're well know for always supporting the Rangers and loyalist side.
Possibly, but I was referring to my own cousins from the dark side. I believe Selhurst Celtic has relatives who are similarly afflicted.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:18 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu84 View Post
south london will really be ours then...

They can keep Thamesmead.

If they want too.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
My natural inclination is to support the football club over the council - however I am not convinced that this would do any harm to Millwall FC, and might actually help to breathe life back into the dark quiet corner that they occupy.

Don't forget that Millwall have a history of failing to deliver - they promised the 'New' Den would be the new primary open-air venue for concerts and other events, they failed to provide enough money to complete the building of the initially agreed seating allocation, etc.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:23 PM

lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!lee_cpfc has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
**** Millwall - hope they go under. Scum
Old 09-09-2016, 12:24 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
This is true but on a more general scale South/South East London has had so little investment over the years from the GLA/Government it's criminal. It's as if the whole area is just seen as a place to house people to get them in to London (on a very poor transport system) and little else.

I know it's been discussed before but CPP would be an ideal place to rebuild into a place all of South London could visit and be proud of, but instead has been neglected for years.

As for Millwall, mixed feelings really. Dont like seeing football fans being mucked around but it's so hard to feel sorry for these old dinosaurs who still think they are better than us because they're "old school working class".

Totally agree. Only have to look a tube map or DLR map to see how little they want to get out into South East London/kent borders. I would love to see the percentage of London Boroughs that have a tube stop/multiple in many cases or DLR line. I know that the borough of Bexley definitely does not have a tube stop!
Old 09-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post

CPP is not ideal at all unless you live on the doorstep.

The only tube is the "overground" and driving is impossible.

Nobody wants to get an overground train to the park.

The major London parks are busy because they are accessible.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:50 PM

smiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
CPP is not ideal at all unless you live on the doorstep.

The only tube is the "overground" and driving is impossible.

Nobody wants to get an overground train to the park.

The major London parks are busy because they are accessible.
There appear to be 8 direct trains an hour from Central London terminals and also 4 London overground trains from Canada Water. Not too difficult a journey really.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:08 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
THEIR
Old 09-09-2016, 01:22 PM

audreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
how does loosing the car park to be surrounded by big bucks, some of whom will be wall supporters and those that arent might become same...make the club worse off?? Is it that might actually be the perfect opportunity to "adapt" the clubs reputation a bit(feck knows it needs it) I hate them so much I just want them to be there to suffer the dreadful indignity of loosing to us again...as many times as possible...sorry I live a long way away...
Old 09-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Normally i would be upset, but then again this is Miiiillllllllll, **** em
Old 09-09-2016, 03:32 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
THEIR
Which post are you referring to?
Old 09-09-2016, 03:47 PM

Kidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would there be an option where we groundshared CPP with our Bermondsey friends?
Old 09-09-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Would there be an option where we groundshared CPP with our Bermondsey friends?
It was bad enough helping out Charlton and Wimbledon.