Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-09-2016, 06:16 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
It's fine - I'm glad that my old pictures are still of interest. Just like my old Betamax video of the goals from the Burnley 2-0 1979 game, which the Club has used on several occasions on their DVDs (which I believe is the only record remaining of this historic match).
Old 18-09-2016, 06:20 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's fine - I'm glad that my old pictures are still of interest. Just like my old Betamax video of the goals from the Burnley 2-0 1979 game, which the Club has used on several occasions on their DVDs (which I believe is the only record remaining of this historic match).
It's quite rare to spot these sort of photographs, outwith someone like yourself scanning these up. Quite happy to offer spotted some of these on that group as there are a fair few other gems on there that I think is worthy of a bit more exposure, in particular the ones from the earlier years of the club were we were probably not so much a 'fashionable' club.

Is there anymore pictures you have lying about by any chance? Would love to see them if you do.
Old 18-09-2016, 09:24 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I did have several pictures taken at away matches (including the Wrexham away which preceded the game at Selhurst and from the game at Cardiff in the first season in the Third Division when we won 1-0 from a last minute goal by David Kemp, from very close range), but I fear that these were thrown away when my parents passed away and their house was cleared out. I would love to see these again.
Old 20-09-2016, 12:08 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
A picture of a Palace keeper Joshua Johnson training at the Crystal Palace.

Old 20-09-2016, 05:17 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
You were refused entry to The Nest if you weren't wearing a hat.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 20-09-2016, 05:38 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
Is that Ross from hit sitcom Friends?
Old 20-09-2016, 06:17 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Is that Ross from hit sitcom Friends?
No it's Rash the Smash Harkouk.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:24 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Judging by the kid third from right, Palace were 2 up when the photo was taken.
Great photo of the crowd v Forest. Looking at old football photographs I always find it amazing how old (kids at front excepted) everyone looks. This includes old team photos as well. Obviously the ravages of war and rationing took its toll.
Old 20-09-2016, 07:04 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Great photo of the crowd v Forest. Looking at old football photographs I always find it amazing how old (kids at front excepted) everyone looks. This includes old team photos as well. Obviously the ravages of war and rationing took its toll.

The one face from that Forest FA Cup home match in '65 that intrgues me is the fella with the bus driver/conductors cap.
I'm sure there is caricature of it in the fanzine book 'We all follow the Palace'?

Another thought, could it be Steve Kember's dad, who worked on the buses at that time?
Old 20-09-2016, 07:11 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Most of the people are smiling as well, which is nice.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 21-09-2016, 08:08 AM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Another evocative one from the not-so-distant past. Sadly there appears to be more than a few Spurs fans who have gate-crashed this scene to spoil the convivial pre-match atmosphere on The Holmesdale. I don't think The Fanatics would have fancied getting involved if they were around in those days. "I say; you appear to be occupying the block that we pre-booked in consultation with the box office."

Mark Leech is a great photographer. Been photographing football for years. Often sticks old stuff on his twitter... To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-09-2016, 08:31 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was there that day. Just wondering whether I wore my school uniform jacket as well. I recall my mum made me wear it on 'soecial' occasions.

The kid on the right must be wearing the first replica Palace shirt.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-09-2016, 10:44 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Can see two rattles and numerous flat caps.
Old 21-09-2016, 11:00 AM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by salad fan club View Post
Wow I am in this pic at least I am pretty certain it's me
So where are the Spurs fans up the top ?

I remember a few Spurs being in our end

My guess is this is about 1980 ?
I have seen this picture before and it is described as Palace v Spurs.I think it is Palace v Arsenal the same season (1979-80). I recognise at least 10 in that top section and my mate Malcolm is very obvious with his Afro. It was taken just after the top of the Holmesdale had been liberated by Palace fans.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 21-09-2016, 11:04 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPLDN View Post

1990 FA Cup Final...Bloke in the glasses is actually my dad! Was on the front page of Croydon Advertiser and they reprinted it before this years final with him in the same shirt holding the original paper

Always remember this image from my childhood
I know the two lads at the front in red hats. Always makes me smile that photo.
Old 22-09-2016, 04:55 AM

Old 22-09-2016, 05:41 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
No you cannot stop there, where did they think we would be in 2005 ?
Old 22-09-2016, 06:25 AM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
No you cannot stop there, where did they think we would be in 2005 ?
Never mind that.Since when was Ian Paisley a Palace fan?

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 22-09-2016, 06:41 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
certainly looks like him....
Old 22-09-2016, 09:15 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
It's Waddon's grandpa.