Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 08-09-2016, 11:06 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Any TV clip of Wrexham 2 Palace 4 May 1977

Anyone ever come across any clips of this game ? If so please post link
Old 08-09-2016, 11:09 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Centenary DVD
Old 09-09-2016, 05:30 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ta - ill have to get it for Christmas
Old 09-09-2016, 05:55 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good grief "Orpingtoneagle" you have stirred up my wonderful memories of that game, can it really be nearly 40 yrs ago? that was an evening to remember.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:33 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
As an 8 year old boy I remember going to bed knowing we were 1-0 up and had the agonising wait until seeing the next morning's paper to find out the result! Imagine a world like that now....
Old 12-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've searched high and low for this. One of my top 3 games; brilliant night. I will now be purchasing the Centenary DVD - does it show all the goals?
Old 22-09-2016, 12:18 AM

will hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was at the match, got a lift from Aberystwyth where I was at uni, I remember seeing the goals on BBC Wales the next day
Old 02-10-2016, 08:13 PM

morrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Great night.2up then 2-2. 90seconds on clock we win 4-2. Special got bricked on way out of wrexham
Old 02-10-2016, 10:08 PM

silver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great night
Old 03-10-2016, 05:59 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
One of the most miraclulous wins in the last 40 years. We simply had to win that by two clear goals and despite having that lead, threw it away then got it back in the last two minutes. Then we still had to hope Wrexham didn't beat Mansfield the following Saturday, and they lost 1-0 with loads of Palace back up there to celebrate our promotion.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:24 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
One of the most miraclulous wins in the last 40 years. We simply had to win that by two clear goals and despite having that lead, threw it away then got it back in the last two minutes. Then we still had to hope Wrexham didn't beat Mansfield the following Saturday, and they lost 1-0 with loads of Palace back up there to celebrate our promotion.
I was so gutted when Wrexham equalised at 2-2 that I could not bring myself to watch the rest of the match!

As Chocky says, most of us believed we needed the cushion of two goals to get clear of Wrexham (1976/77) wss the first season the Football League had introduced Goal Difference - before then it was Goal Average - and Palace had lost out a few times because of that system).

What some people do not realise is that Rotherham nearly overtook Wrexham and Palace on the last day.

They needed a victory by 7 clear goals, and were 4-1 at half-time!

Luckily for us, that was the final score too and because Mansfield got a last minute winner, we had more points than Wrexham, so the extra goal did not matter!

Mansfield's win also denied Brighton being champions and they had to settle for runners-up.

A great day all round!
Old 04-10-2016, 09:18 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
I was so gutted when Wrexham equalised at 2-2 that I could not bring myself to watch the rest of the match!

As Chocky says, most of us believed we needed the cushion of two goals to get clear of Wrexham (1976/77) wss the first season the Football League had introduced Goal Difference - before then it was Goal Average - and Palace had lost out a few times because of that system).

What some people do not realise is that Rotherham nearly overtook Wrexham and Palace on the last day.

Luckily for us, that was the final score too and because Mansfield got a last minute winner, we had more points than Wrexham, so the extra goal did not matter!

Mansfield's win also denied Brighton being champions and they had to settle for runners-up.

A great day all round!
In those days as a kid my Dad would take me to some reserve games, if he didn't want to go himself he would drop my friend and me off and leave us to our Bovril. Yes early teenagers drinking Bovril at football. But for some reason I wasn't able to be at the reserve game that was played whilst we waited for the Mansfield game to be resolved.

Somewhere in this forum James has great photos from that game when half the first team played in the reserve game. I had to sit in my room listening on LBC which was awful until the report from Wrexham that Mansfield had scored at the end.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 04-10-2016, 10:31 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
I just stumbled across this on-line which hopefully brings back good memories for those that went (I didn't). Why it's called "The Town" I don't know ...

Old 04-10-2016, 10:46 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That was one of the best ever nights as CPFC fan. I was at uni in Manchester and we had about 30 Palace fans from the NW attending not all students. We used to go to all the local games at Bury Preston Blackburn etc and the Sunderland 6 th round game was brilliant but that topped it all. I remember getting back to Manchester and entering a club where things all became slightly blurry but what I recall of it was memorable. However as I hit my head on the low gantry jumping up and down when Rachid scored I may have done permanent damage ....I think only winning the FAC v the wankers could top that evening although Burnley 1979 ran it close
Old 04-10-2016, 10:56 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Great home form that season:

Played 23 - won 17 - drew 5 - lost 1 (we lost home and away to Chester City 2-1)

I seem to recall that some fans got so desperate near the end that they tried to pull down the fencing in order to invade the pitch and get the game abandoned.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 04-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A few of us went up to Wrexham for the Mansfield game. Surprised to find around 50 other palace there as well. Had a great day topped off with the Mansfield players clapping us, shaking our hands and saying they knew we were there and tried a little harder for our sake. One of my top 5 football days.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post

A great day all round!
And, exactly two years later TO THE DAY history was to repeat itself when we beat Burnley 2-0 in THAT game to deny Br*ght*n the champion's spot again . They were in mid-air en route to their end of season celebrations when the pilot had the sad task of breaking the news to them that Palace had won and were Champions, not them
Old 04-10-2016, 11:43 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
I vaguely remember, though a drunken stupor that at half time several police in crash helmets kicked the crap out of some young palace lads for absolutely no reason. Then gave it the biggen to the palace who were absolutely incensed. There was a silent pause for about 10 seconds then palace piled into them. Someone kicked one of them in the head when he went down and his helmet came off!!! I thought his head was in it!!!

Never seen OB leave so fast. Then a sergeant came to the front and was looking at everyone and got hit by a chess burger square in the chest!!

Finally, after the game ended two palace managed to climb over the fence and were fronted by 10 Wrexham who were coming across the pitch. The two palace looked at each other and then ran at the Wrexham who scattered!!!!

Outside was shocking with the wrexham OB getting in rows with palace all the way back to the station. Hardly a Wrexham fan insight!

If anyone else saw any of this could they confirm that I'm not going senile!!!

One of the best away days ever.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:41 PM
ár lá

Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
And, exactly two years later TO THE DAY history was to repeat itself when we beat Burnley 2-0 in THAT game to deny Br*ght*n the champion's spot again . They were in mid-air en route to their end of season celebrations when the pilot had the sad task of breaking the news to them that Palace had won and were Champions, not them
My Birthday was the day after the Wrexham and Burnley games, I had a couple of great days in the late 70s. Well sort of, they were pre pub days, the latter only just though.

Way back then though the two years in between seemed a very long time whereas the two recent trips to Wembley in three years seemed about one year at most.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:01 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i still want to know who nicked my sandwiches on the train back from Wrexham.