Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 15-09-2016, 10:48 AM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Andy Thorn looks pretty different these days too
Old 15-09-2016, 10:49 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Andy Thorn looks pretty different these days too
Not to mention Dave Madden.
Old 15-09-2016, 10:52 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Never understood why he is not regarded in the same way as Wright, Bright, AJ, Freedman, Murray etc. Was an absolute hero of mine from 92-94, yet he is rarely mentioned
Old 15-09-2016, 10:57 AM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
Never understood why he is not regarded in the same way as Wright, Bright, AJ, Freedman, Murray etc. Was an absolute hero of mine from 92-94, yet he is rarely mentioned
Other than Wrighty, I think he is the best forward I have seen in my time up Palace.

Definitely better than AJ, Freedman and Murray in my eyes.
Old 15-09-2016, 10:58 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I have no doubt CA looks like the guy on the OP, however it does leave you wondering what has happened to his coco pop
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 15-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
He left Selhurst under a cloud, even when many at the club had stood by him during the failed drugs test. Sure he gestured towards the crowd after he scored at home to West Ham in a must win game in May 95í where as Dowie/Houghton were celebrating the goal in front of the Whitehorse.
One of the best headers of the ball Iíve seen up top (watch the third goal at home to Pompey 93/94 to complete his hat-trick)
Amazingly quick over 10 yards, always excelled when he played off a taget man (Paul Stewert, Dowie & later Sheringham at Spurs) should have achieved more.
Old 15-09-2016, 11:04 AM
and this is what he said

Ash Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
Ha, apparently the photo is of Congo Natty. Stil not sure of the one I posted though, I felt sure it was him before.
That's him. Congo Natty, previously Rebel MC. Definitely not Chris Armstrong you blind morons!!!

Old 15-09-2016, 11:04 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Who said that?! Where's anyone said he shouldn't be allowed in Wembley?! Are people going to accuse me of trying to introduce apartheid next?! **** me, this place is full of sensitive drama queens now isn't it?!

My point was, & hopefully anyone with the remotest bit of intelligence would realise this, if that is Chris Armstrong - he looks ever so slightly different to when he played for us, no? Just a little teeny weeny bit?

I wasn't really having a pop or meaning to get at you. I was merely asking the relevance to the picture as you just put discuss. You have explained now, no probs. Yes, it does look a bit like him alright we probably need a more recent picture of him to compare with. I take it he's always been a Spurs fan?
Old 15-09-2016, 11:12 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
He left Selhurst under a cloud, even when many at the club had stood by him during the failed drugs test. Sure he gestured towards the crowd after he scored at home to West Ham in a must win game in May 95í where as Dowie/Houghton were celebrating the goal in front of the Whitehorse.
One of the best headers of the ball Iíve seen up top (watch the third goal at home to Pompey 93/94 to complete his hat-trick)
Amazingly quick over 10 yards, always excelled when he played off a taget man (Paul Stewert, Dowie & later Sheringham at Spurs) should have achieved more.
I heard they drug tested Congo Natty by mistake to be fair
Old 15-09-2016, 11:49 AM

colonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
I loved that header and have never been able to understand how he got so much power on it with the direction the cross came from.
But I also can't find any footage of that game anywhere (Southgate scored a screamer too if I recall)
Old 15-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I don't understand, who cares whether it is or isn't?! Is that person doing something wrong or something? If it is CA, is he not allowed to dress like that or go to Wembley? Bizarre

What possible reasons could you have for thinking he might be doing something wrong, or should not be at Wembley, or could the subject of a legitimate, interesting thread posted on here?

Bizarre!
Old 15-09-2016, 11:56 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
He was pure class. Could score all sorts of goals. Remember his performance against Portsmouth and we won 5-1. The diving header he scored was one of the greatest headers you will ever see.

He was a joy to watch.
Old 15-09-2016, 11:58 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Btw, what's the picture of a Spurs fans on the opening post got to do with Chris Armstrong?
Old 15-09-2016, 11:59 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
**** me, this place is full of sensitive drama queens now isn't it?!
Says the man who started his own flouncing thread!
Old 15-09-2016, 11:59 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I wasn't really having a pop or meaning to get at you. I was merely asking the relevance to the picture as you just put discuss. You have explained now, no probs. Yes, it does look a bit like him alright we probably need a more recent picture of him to compare with. I take it he's always been a Spurs fan?
Armstrong is from Newcastle so doubt he is a spurs fan
Old 15-09-2016, 12:01 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
I loved that header and have never been able to understand how he got so much power on it with the direction the cross came from.
But I also can't find any footage of that game anywhere (Southgate scored a screamer too if I recall)
He also scored another corker of a header v Millwall in a 1-0 win IIRC. Also at Holmesdale end
Old 15-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders View Post
Says the man who started his own flouncing thread!
You're obsessed with me. It's cute - a little creepy, but cute.
Old 15-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a player he was.

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 15-09-2016, 12:15 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
He also scored another corker of a header v Millwall in a 1-0 win IIRC. Also at Holmesdale end
I remembered it more as a well placed downward header than a diving one but this is the game you mean.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-09-2016, 12:24 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
You're obsessed with me. It's cute - a little creepy, but cute.
Ahhh how lovely. Youre not going to flounce again are you?