Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 15-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders View Post
Ahhh how lovely. Youre not going to flounce again are you?
No. I had enough private messages/rep messages saying not to let a nobhead like you get the better of me
Old 15-09-2016, 12:36 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
No. I had enough private messages/rep messages saying not to let a nobhead like you get the better of me
Nobhead eh? Been practising I see.

Private messages? Oh thats really sweet. Must have melted your little heart.

Just for the record though pumpkin, you called me out for something, were wrong but rather than swallow it you had a hissy fit and ran away. Not my fault. Good to see you laying the blame elsewhere. Poor lad.
Old 15-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nobhead eh? Been practising I see.

Private messages? Oh thats really sweet. Must have melted your little heart.

Just for the record though pumpkin, you called me out for something, were wrong but rather than swallow it you had a hissy fit and ran away. Not my fault. Good to see you laying the blame elsewhere. Poor lad.
I forgive you.
Old 15-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
This place has gone mad ...
Old 15-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Woah Woah Woah

It can't be true - The Croydon Advertiser are now reporting it...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-09-2016, 12:44 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
I remembered it more as a well placed downward header than a diving one but this is the game you mean.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thats the one, defintely a diving header
Old 15-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Says the man who started his own flouncing thread!
TBF Gilesy does speak sense most of the time and knows his stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
I loved that header and have never been able to understand how he got so much power on it with the direction the cross came from.
But I also can't find any footage of that game anywhere (Southgate scored a screamer too if I recall)
To view the link you have to Register or Login – go to 13mins 15seconds
Even now the header still looks sublime, as you say to get that power and direction is terrific technique. The low stooping header he got at Goodison in 92’ was of similar prowess.
People rave about 90/91as our best season, but pound for pound 93/94 gives it a run for its money in my book.
Old 15-09-2016, 12:51 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Thats the one, defintely a diving header
Yep! It was indeed.

Armstrong was a good guy. May be posted elsewhere on here but he came to our local over in Locksbottom when we had a fund raiser for an injured player from our team. He lived in Orpington so was pretty close. He stayed for a good while, was an absolute gent and if we had been able to keep him longer at Palace I think his career stats would be a lot better than they are.

Tob bloke. Top player
Old 15-09-2016, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
Never understood why he is not regarded in the same way as Wright, Bright, AJ, Freedman, Murray etc. Was an absolute hero of mine from 92-94, yet he is rarely mentioned
Well he didn't help us stay up and although I think he was great for us, things may have been very different if he hadn't smoked those joints (we may well have stayed up in 95).

From my memory barely scored at the start of that season (maybe the weed din't help?) but was superb again when he came back.
Old 15-09-2016, 12:56 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
TBF Gilesy does speak sense most of the time and knows his stuff.
Hmmm.
Old 15-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
From my memory barely scored at the start of that season (maybe the weed din't help?) but was superb again when he came back.
In his defence, he was a confidence based player, and Smith didn't help matters in handling various situations. We had a decent run in October and Early November 94' when he was up top with Preece, but it was no coincidence his form improved as soon as a recognised target man came on board. His record for cup goals 94/95 was extremely good even if he'd been on a barren run in the league.
Old 15-09-2016, 12:59 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Well he didn't help us stay up and although I think he was great for us, things may have been very different if he hadn't smoked those joints (we may well have stayed up in 95).

Think he had trouble scoring in the league but was scoring in the cup.
Old 15-09-2016, 01:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
In his defence, he was a confidence based player, and Smith didn't help matters in handling various situations. We had a decent run in October and Early November 94' when he was up top with Preece, but it was no coincidence his form improved as soon as a recognised target man came on board. His record for cup goals 94/95 was extremely good even if he'd been on a barren run in the league.
Yeah, I agree. I was a huge fan too but I think it's fair that he isn't viewed as highly as Wright and Bright who took us to promotion, survival, a cup final, 3rd in the top flight and both score over 100 goals for the club.

AJ also scored more goals for us. The weed thing definitely tainted his time with us.
Old 15-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
I agree. I love him.
EFA
Old 15-09-2016, 01:04 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Think he had trouble scoring in the league but was scoring in the cup.
2 league goals up until March - not sure exactly how much of that he was banned for? 2 months? He was certainly playing again in January

Scored 6 in the final 12 games of the season.
Old 15-09-2016, 01:06 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
I should have apologised to Radders for wrongly accusing him but I didnt have the balls so I flounced and am now blaming him for the fact I have a vagina

Fun this isnt it?
Old 15-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Fun this isnt it?
We are all Gods children, again - I forgive you.
Old 15-09-2016, 01:11 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
2 league goals up until March - not sure exactly how much of that he was banned for? 2 months? He was certainly playing again in January

Scored 6 in the final 12 games of the season.
It was a few months from memory yeah. As he was living in Orpington its no surprise he stumbled across a joint or two to be fair!

Think him finding the net in the league came a bit too late sadly!
Old 15-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I remember the game that launched him on the scene, a 2-2 home draw with Oldham.

I must admit to never having heard of him when he joined us and £1 million was a huge amount (at the time) for us to spend on an unknown.
Old 15-09-2016, 08:08 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I remember the game that launched him on the scene, a 2-2 home draw with Oldham.

I must admit to never having heard of him when he joined us and £1 million was a huge amount (at the time) for us to spend on an unknown.
Wasn't it Sheff Wed? Think we may have been 0-2 down as well