Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 23-09-2016, 12:26 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Playstation VR

I know there's another thread on Virtual Reality headsets but I feel that the Playstation VR is the one that most likely to really take off, at least until it's competitors become more affordable to general Joe Public.

As much as I'm looking forward to it's prime function (the VR element), is it sad that I'm also excited by it's "cinematic mode". This mode can simulate a screen up to 226". Given the PSVR has very little "screen-door" effect, this will come in extremely handy if the Mrs wants to watch Strictly and I don't want to have to lug my Playstation upstairs to the spare TV

I received my confirmation today that it will be with me on it's release date (13th October). My question is, has anybody else pre-ordered?

Also, has anybody experienced it (Benzhiyi will have for sure) as yet?
Old 23-09-2016, 02:18 PM
chemical olympics

humpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
waiting to see if it gets taken up by the masses before I take the plunge. will probably give it 6-12 months after release and see where its at.

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 23-09-2016, 02:31 PM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
HTC Vive is amazing.
Old 23-09-2016, 03:04 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm still very tempted to get a PS4 and I think if this takes off then this may be the tipping point for me picking up the console. Not sure if it's something that you should buy straight away though, massive potential to be a flash in the pan waste of money.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 23-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I havent pre ordered but I am trying a psvr for the first time tomorrow at the EGX expo in Birmingham.

If its good I will probably look at getting one for christmas

I have tried a vive and that was amazing but way too expensive for someone who doesnt game on pc.
Old 23-09-2016, 07:53 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
I've got one preordered, can't wait. Got my cheapo second hand move controllers and camera from CEX sorted already
Old 23-09-2016, 10:51 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter View Post
I havent pre ordered but I am trying a psvr for the first time tomorrow at the EGX expo in Birmingham.

I have tried a vive and that was amazing but way too expensive for someone who doesnt game on pc.
Let us know what it's like.
Old 27-09-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Well...?
Old 05-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Haha, only just seen your reply. I can confirm it was really good! Very comfortable. Was a little bit blurry to read text on it but I think You can adjust it to suit so it'll probably be better once in your hands.

Reviews are coming out today and so far, except for kotaku, ive seen mostly positive reviews. the only risk buying one now is if it goes unsupported in a years time or something. Hopefully developers keep pumping out games and experiences for it.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:34 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've pre ordered on amazon, only today so probably won't get for 2 months with backlog etc
drive club VR update only £15 if u have season pass, be quick thou
Old 07-10-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Haha, only just seen your reply. I can confirm it was really good! Very comfortable. Was a little bit blurry to read text on it but I think You can adjust it to suit so it'll probably be better once in your hands.

Reviews are coming out today and so far, except for kotaku, ive seen mostly positive reviews. the only risk buying one now is if it goes unsupported in a years time or something. Hopefully developers keep pumping out games and experiences for it.
I can't see it being VR becoming obsolete any time soon. My only concern is that the technology improves significantly and it won't be long before the next version comes out.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Bass Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
I can't see it being VR becoming obsolete any time soon. My only concern is that the technology improves significantly and it won't be long before the next version comes out.
true! I was more thinking if sony stops supporting it if it doesnt sell well like they did with the vita.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I went to the Play Manchester Expo this weekend and managed to nab a press pass. Went straight for Rebellion stand that were showing a VR demo of Battlezone.

Very, very impressed. I'd tried the Occulus Rift before but that left me wanting to throw up. None of those issues here. I'm not enough of a hardcore player to pay the current price but that 10 minute level was enough to convince my mate to jump on board.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:08 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ohh ShopTo have posted mine
Old 12-10-2016, 04:17 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Really tempted to get this. Hope the demand is there.
Old 13-10-2016, 08:40 AM

Mine is out for delivery today too.
Old 13-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Bass Man

have fun everyone! Dont expect ill have one for a few months yet due to my car dieing on me! hey ho!
Old 13-10-2016, 09:40 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
What is the resolution?

I'm holding off until 4k on OR or the Vive because you can't make out cockpit/driving seat instruments, they aren't clear enough. I imagine consoles, with their inferior hardware to PC , will have to sacrifice a lot of graphical detail in order to make sure that FPS is high enough to prevent motion sickness.

I've used VR on combat flight sims and it's a game changer, but the resolution needs to rise.
Old 13-10-2016, 11:25 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Just got mine. It's awesome. Drive club made me feel a bit ill though

Downloading arkham VR now. Anyone got any recommendations? Alumette is pretty good (free download), it's a short animation film but fully in 3D so you can look around things.

Lenses keep getting a bit fogged up and I have to keep wiping them, is that just me and my sweaty eyes?
Old 13-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Bass Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Just got mine. It's awesome. Drive club made me feel a bit ill though

Downloading arkham VR now. Anyone got any recommendations? Alumette is pretty good (free download), it's a short animation film but fully in 3D so you can look around things.

Lenses keep getting a bit fogged up and I have to keep wiping them, is that just me and my sweaty eyes?
Ive read good things about super hyper cube (some kinda weird puzzler with tetris type shapes) and thumper (a rhythm game) and the eve game is meant to be really cool as well.